Jamm Door Stopper
Last updated date: February 13, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Door Stops and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Door Stop you should buy.
The Jamm Door Stopper's unique design holds a door in both directions when inserted securely under the bottom of the door. In our analysis of 15 expert reviews, the Jamm Jamm Door Stopper placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Door Stop for a detailed review of all the top door stops.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
THE DOOR STOP RE-INVENTED! Traditional doorstops are a centuries-old design that are unreliable, unsafe and frustrating to use.They hold the door from one side only rendering them only 50% effective. Jamm doorstops holds doors in both directions making them 100% effective. Most effective door stop in the world! - Are you tired of the multiple cheap doorstops you own that easily dislodge and become a trip hazard or a dog chew? - Looking for a doorstop with functionality and a modern innovative design to use in your home, office our business? - Want a doorstop that allows you to regulate how far you want the door open or closed? Jamm doorstops offer you an effective and reliable solution! - MULTI USE: It can help prevent finger injuries at home and at work; stops slamming doors and pets becoming trapped in rooms; and is perfect when painting or hanging a door. - IDEAL SIZING: Your door Jamm is available in 2 sizes to fit most doorgaps. Size 1 REGULAR for doorgaps measuring 0.1 to 1 inch gap, and Size 2 JUMBO for gaps measuring 0.38 to 1.38 inch.Be sure to measure your door gap before purchasing. - PREMIUM QUALITY MATERIALS: Made from food grade polymer.Free of Lead, BpA and Phthalates. UL Tested and the only door stop in the world to comply with the European General Product Safety Regulation 2005. - MULTI AWARDS: Won multiple innovation awards in the Child Safety and Housewares Design sector. - GREAT GIFT: An original & useful housewarming, hostess, Fathers Day and shower gift, not to forget great stocking stuffers at Christmas. BEST DOOR STOP EVER, or your money back! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Refund or Replacement. Ships from the USA.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Door Stops
Whether you have children that excitedly fling the front door open as they run in the house after school, or you have an arm full of groceries and you can’t stop the swing of your door as you enter, you’ll want to protect the adjacent wall from being struck by the doorknob. This is easily done with a doorstop. Of course, the doorstop can also be used to prop a door open when needed as well.
While shopping for a doorstop, consider the product’s construction material. You want the stopper to be made of heavy-duty rubber, like the Shepherd Hardware Rubber Door Wedge. This material is the most durable and least likely to wear down after only a few uses.
Check the height of the doorstop, as some doors have big gaps between the bottom of the door and the floor. The Quality Clever Rubber Door Stopper has one of the highest stoppers and is able to accommodate gaps as large as 1.6 inches.
Look under the door stopper to ensure it is safe for use on all floor types. For example, the Wundermax Rubber Door Stopper, 3-Pack has a smooth anti-slip base that works on carpet, stone, cement, tile and wood flooring. You don’t want a door stopper with a rough bottom that could leave scratches on your beautiful floors.
Consider any features that make the door stop stand out. Are the stoppers offered in a variety of colors or do they come in a sleek modern design? The SofiHome Heavy Duty Door Stopper, 6-Pack provides a handy storage hook with a stopper that is easily affixed to the wall or the back of a door using an adhesive strip. This gives you the option of storing the doorstop when not in use.
DWYM Fun Fact
Doors are necessary for several reasons, including protecting your valuables and providing a place of privacy. While no one knows who invented the first door, we do know a few fun facts about this important device.
- One of the world’s largest doors is found at NASA’s vehicle assembly building. The door is 456 feet tall and takes a total of 45 minutes to open or close.
- For many, a door is a symbol of a new beginning or new opportunities. The Romans took this a step further. They believe an image of a phallus installed above a door symbolized wealth and wellbeing.
- Churches in the city of Philadelphia paint their doors red to symbolize safety and sanctuary.
- Automatic garage doors have been around for almost 100 years. They were first invented in 1921 by C.G. Johnson.
The Door Stop Buying Guide
- Since door stops are made from rubber, they can quickly be cleaned with a little dish soap and water if they get dirty.
- It’s a good idea to measure the gap between your door and the floor. Check the door stopper’s product label to ensure it is able to handle a gap of that size. This is especially important for older doors, which tend to have larger gaps.
- Look for a company that offers either a satisfaction guarantee or a 100% no-questions-asked refund policy. This way if the door stopper doesn’t hold up under the weight of your door, you’ll be able to get your money back.
- There isn’t a wide range when it comes to the price of a doorstop. In fact, the Wundermax Rubber Door Stopper, 3-Pack, Shepherd Hardware Rubber Door Wedge and the SofiHome Heavy Duty Door Stopper, 6-Pack all come in around the same price per stopper. You will pay a little more for the Quality Clever Rubber Door Stopper, which features a taller, more modern design and comes with a storage holder.