Jack Black UV Protection Cleansing Sunscreen For Men’s Faces, SPF 20
Last updated: January 18, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sunscreens For Men's Faces and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sunscreen For Men's Faces you should buy.
Not only does this sunscreen for men's faces protect against sun damage, but it also moisturizes to leave skin soft and smooth. It's formulated using ingredients like blue algae extract and sea parsley to provide extra vitamins and antioxidants that improve skin health. The sunscreen is also cruelty-free, so you can feel good about your purchase.In our analysis of 6 expert reviews, the Jack Black UV Protection Cleansing Sunscreen For Men's Faces, SPF 20 placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This lightweight formula is a daily broad-spectrum sunscreen and an advanced facial treatment in one. The emollient formula visibly improves skin’s overall appearance and provides lasting hydration without oiliness or heaviness.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Sunscreen For Men's Faces Rankings
Whether you’re playing sports or plan to have a long day relaxing on the beach, you’ll want to protect your face from exposure to the sun. Along with using accessories like hats and sunglasses for sun protection, applying a daily face sunscreen for men can help reduce the harmful effects of the sun’s radiation and lower the chances of getting an uncomfortable sunburn.
You’ll find the sun protection factor (SPF) of the men’s face sunscreen especially important since the number will reflect the degree of protection offered. Most face sunscreens will have an SPF rating of at least 30, while the products with the most protection can offer an SPF of 100. While the SPF 30 option would block close to 97% of the sun’s rays, that would jump to 99% with SPF 100 sunscreen.
Along with considering the level of protection the face sunscreen offers, you’ll want to consider the formula since it can vary in terms of heaviness and visibility as well as the potential for skin irritation. Some face sunscreens for men contain minerals and offer gentle protection that doesn’t cause your skin to feel greasy, itchy or irritated.
Face sunscreens commonly have a lightweight formula that is either clear or otherwise blends into your skin to avoid being noticeable. You’ll want to keep any allergies and preferences in mind to choose the best formula.
Men’s sunscreen for the face can come with or without a fragrance. If you’re sensitive to scents or just want a sunscreen that you and others won’t notice, then you’ll find plenty of scent-free options that tend to have other gentle qualities as well. Other face sunscreen options might have a light but pleasant scent.
Keep in mind that not all men’s face sunscreens will be suitable for use when you plan to sweat or get your face wet. Water- and sweat-resistant formulas are common and offer the most flexibility for active wear. Special sunscreens — such as those made to moisturize the skin — might not have this feature but are excellent for daily use.
- Especially if you plan to spend time outside during the day, expect to need to reapply your sunscreen periodically for it to work best. Reapplying every few hours you’re outside is a good rule of thumb, but you may need to reapply even more often if you’re swimming or exercising heavily where you sweat. Your sunscreen’s label should provide instructions on reapplication.
- For sufficient protection, go with a face sunscreen that has at least an SPF of 30.
- If you plan to use the sunscreen for a trip to the beach, check the label to make sure it mentions the sunscreen is resistant to water. If you like using a certain brand without this feature, you can consider purchasing another option for those days you plan to get in the water.
- While you might think you don’t need to use face sunscreen when it looks cloudy outside, the sun’s rays still get through and can cause damage to your skin. So, apply it anyway.
- If you have sensitive skin or allergies, try to find a face sunscreen made from minerals since these tend to be more gentle on the skin.
- Since face sunscreen isn’t meant to go on your lips, you can get a sunscreen lip balm to protect this part of your face from the sun.