J&A Homes Better Together Couples Relationship Conversation Card Game
Last updated date: December 12, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Couples Games and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Couples Game you should buy.
Update as December 28, 2022:
Checkout The Best Couples Games for a detailed review of all the top couples games.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the J&A Homes Better Together Couples Relationship Conversation Card Game placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
CARD GAME CREATED FOR COUPLES: Whether you’ve been married for several years or are a new couple, our card game will allow you to engage in thought-provoking conversations. Better Together is truly a great opportunity to better understand your partner! BECOME CLOSER WITH YOUR PARTNER: As any good couple knows, communication is key to a thriving, healthy relationship. Our card game can help couples grow closer by allowing them to speak with each other on a deep, meaningful level. GREAT GIFT FOR COUPLES: Our game is the perfect couples gift for Valentine’s Day, weddings, anniversaries or birthdays. Better Together is a fantastic way to show appreciation for the couples in your life. SIMPLE AND EASY TO PLAY: Between kids, work and day-to-day activities, it’s easy for couples to be strapped for time. This simple card game can take as little as 30 minutes to play. The game’s heartfelt questions can help ease stress and bring a spark of joy into any relationship. COVERS A WIDE RANGE OF TOPICS: The more you know about your partner, the better you’ll be able to understand what makes them tick. To aide in this, Better Together features 100 cards that explore a wide range of topics, including family, romantic relationships, past memories, dreams, secrets and goals.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Couples Games
Building and maintaining a healthy relationship over the years can be challenging for a couple. Over time, it’s all too easy for one member of a couple to become dissatisfied and, over time, stop working so hard to make things work.
Communication can be key to a strong, healthy relationship. Open interactions seem to lead to happier couples overall, but healthier couples also tend to interact more openly. One of the best ways to make sure things will last longer is to make a point of regularly sitting down to discuss your feelings, hopes and, yes, even issues.
While you can make it a point to keep lines of communication open, relationship counseling brings in a third party to push things along. A good mental health professional has tools available to force couples to dig deep and resolve their differences over time. But couples therapy can be expensive, and insurance typically won’t cover the cost.
That’s where a great helper can come in handy. Instead of pulling out the usual board games on game night, there are games you can buy that will help open the lines of communications. Some veer more toward the bedroom, while others offer various stages of gameplay, from getting to know you questions to physical suggestions.
But another area of couples’ games are those that focus solely on helping you better communicate. Some are developed by psychology professionals, so you’re getting questions similar to those you’d face in a therapist’s office. There are plenty that keep things lighter if you’re not quite ready to dive deep into your relationship.
Keep in mind that sometimes these types of games can lead to arguments. They might even bring up issues that you aren’t quite ready to discuss. Unlike a therapist’s office, you won’t have a professional to guide you through things, so make sure you’re prepared to do the hard work if you go for a more intense couples game.
The Couples Game Buying Guide
- Couples games aren’t a one-size-fits-all proposition. What works best for you might not be the best option for someone else. Look for a game that works not only for your current relationship stage but for the gameplay preferences of you and your romantic partner.
- If you’re looking for a great gift for the couple in your life, you might want to go with one that has attractive packaging. Also make sure you’re aware of the intimacy level of the game before choosing it as a gift.
- Games with cards can have durability issues. You’ll want cards made from high-quality paper and with at least a little lamination to ensure they’ll stand the test of time.
- If you’ll play your couples game regularly, you might get bored with some choices. Look for one that will give you a new experience each time to make sure it isn’t something you use only once.
- Not all couples games work well with a group of couples. If you plan to invite one or more couple friends over for a game night, look for a game that’s suited to couples teaming up against other couples versus two people opening up to each other in privacy.
- Some games can bring out a person’s competitive streak. This can lead to tension between a couple. If you or your romantic partner tend to have a tough time losing, choose a game that’s designed for learning more about each other rather than competing.
- If you want to notch up the competitiveness, on the other hand, consider an incentive. Attach a prize or punishment to the outcome. You could say the loser has to wash dishes for a week or the winner gets an afternoon away from the kids.
- You don’t need a game designed for couples to have a fun night at home. Either you or your romantic partner can pick out a favorite game and play it together.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide