J Mark Canvas & Acrylic Painting Set
Last updated date: July 28, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Acrylic Paint Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Acrylic Paint Set you should buy.
Update as March 10, 2021:
Checkout The Best Acrylic Paint Set for a detailed review of all the top acrylic paint sets.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the J Mark Canvas & Acrylic Painting Set placed 8th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
ALL INCLUSIVE ART PAINTING SET – J Mark 22-Piece Acrylic Paint Kit has everything you need to create incredible masterpieces including 1 sturdy Wood Easel with Scratch-Free Rubber Bottoms (9.5 inches Wide, 8 inches Deep, 12 inches Tall), 2 Blank Canvases (8 by 10 inches), 12 Acrylic Paints for Canvas in Assorted Colors (12 mL or 0.4 ounces each), 5 Paint Brushes in Assorted Sizes, a Color Mixing Palette with Ten Wells and a Color Mixing Guide. NON-TOXIC WASHABLE ACRYLIC PAINTS – Our acrylic paint set with canvas features acrylic paints that are 100% Non-Toxic and Water Based for easy washing and conform to ASTM D4236 Standards; The paint for canvas painting kit features 12 mL or 0.4 fluid ounces in each paint tube of vibrant colors that will not fade over time and blend smoothly on our high quality painting canvas; Use our canvas and paint set or table easel for painting on tabletops, desks or home counters to give you a pleasurable. VARIETY OF PREMIUM BRUSHES - Our canvas paint set includes brushes that are manufactured with high quality comfortable wood handles and nylon brush hairs; We also include a convenient ten-well color palette with our paint canvas pack to create endless color combinations without making a mess; The brushes of our painting supplies also come in different sizes to experiment the difference in brush strokes helping you work on motor skills and precision. IDEAL GIFT IDEA – J Mark paint supplies is the perfect gift for anyone who loves to paint and any budding or professional artist; Paint sets for adults are a beautiful way to inspire imagination and creativity while celebrating the holidays or killing time on a rainy afternoon; Our paint easel stand for painting set also provides the ideal activity to enjoy with friends, family and everyone who loves to have painting fun
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Acrylic Paint Sets
Whether you’re a professional artist or a hobbyist, the right art supplies can make all the difference. But choosing the best acrylics can be a bit of a challenge. There are so many elements that affect how your paint turns out, you may not know exactly what to look for while shopping.
If you’re a beginner, splurging on the most expensive paints might not be a good idea. You can get some practice with more affordable acrylics, then make your way up the price chain. But there are some things to consider as you’re comparing one set against another, no matter where they fall on the cost spectrum.
One of the most prized features in an acrylic set is lightfastness. This is how well your paint will hold up when exposed to light and is a great gauge for how long it will last after it dries. Choosing acrylic paint that promises excellent lightfastness will reduce your risk of your artwork fading over time.
You will need to decide on the viscosity of your acrylic paint. Viscosity refers to how thick it is. Heavy body acrylics will be similar to what you’d get from oil paint, while acrylics that are more on the fluid side are what you see staining or airbrushing. The level of viscosity you choose will depend on the art you’re creating and the surface you’re painting on.
The Acrylic Paint Set Buying Guide
- Acrylic paints have inherent lightfastness, making them a better choice for long-lasting quality than other types. But they’re also rated as to how lightfast they are. If an acrylic is rated ASTM 1, it’s excellent in the lightfastness category. An AA rating on a paint is similarly excellent versus other ratings.
- Your acrylics will come in a set that includes a specific number of different colors. As a beginner, it can sometimes be a good idea to go with a more limited range of colors, then expand to more as you gain confidence. But if you find a good deal on a set and you’re unsure which colors you’ll use, go for it. You don’t have to use the full color range in any set you buy.
- When not in use, you’ll need a place to store your acrylics. Make sure you keep them in a cool, dry place to keep them from drying out.
- Safety is a concern for many artists. The good news is, you can find plenty of nontoxic paint options to help you stay worry-free while you’re spending hours on a project.
- Acrylics aren’t the only tools you’ll need. Make sure you put time into researching the best brushes and other implements that you’ll need for your projects. The right brush can make a difference in the job your paint does.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide