J.K. Adams Hardwood Wine Rack, 40-Bottle
Last updated date: February 4, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wine Racks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wine Rack you should buy.
Not only is the J.K. Adams Hardwood Wine Rack, 40-Bottle made from a beautiful wood, but it's also capable of being built in a few different configurations. Consumers will love that the company sources its wood from sustainably grown and harvested North American forests. If that wasn't enough, you'll also get a lifetime guarantee with your purchase. In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the J.K. Adams J.K. Adams Hardwood Wine Rack, 40-Bottle placed 2nd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Wine Rack for a detailed review of all the top wine racks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Kitchen storage solutions by J.K. Adams make it easy to save on valuable kitchen space while enjoying the best of USA-made craftsmanship. The family-owned company provides everything from pot hooks and spice bottles to wooden spice carousels, kitchen-knife blocks, bread boxes, wine racks, pot racks, and more. J.K. Adams' wooden kitchen items feature renewable and sustainable wood in Maple, Cherry, Walnut, Alder, Ash, or Hickory varieties, and many of the items are FSC certified. A thoughtful choice for gift giving, the high-quality kitchen items provide sleek designs and convenient functionality for year after year of everyday convenience.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wine Racks
When it comes to alcoholic beverages, wine not only has the most health benefits, but it’s also free of fat and cholesterol. Different wines pair well with different dinner foods, so you may wish to have a few bottles on hand if you enjoy hosting dinner parties for friends, family members and coworkers. A quality wine rack is a must, and here’s what you need to know before you purchase one.
Determine how much space you have to work with. If you live in a small apartment, condo or home, you’ll want to go with a model like the Sorbus Foldable Wine Rack, 6-Bottle. Not only does it take up a small amount of cabinet or countertop space, but it’s also foldable. You can easily store it out of the way when it’s not in use.
Review how often you throw a dinner party and how many bottles of wine you’d like to keep on hand. There are small units that hold just six wine bottles at a time. The J.K. Adams Hardwood Wine Rack is able to hold 40 bottles, and of course, you’ll find wine racks in between that hold 12 and 24 bottles.
Consider the construction material and the decor you already have in your home. There are gorgeous solid wood wine racks in a variety of finishes, as well as attractive metal racks. The KitchenEdge Metal Wine Rack, 6-Bottle features an elegant scroll design that looks great in a formal setting.
Check for any additional features the wine rack may have to offer. For example, the Winsome Wine Storage, 24-Bottle also holds wine glasses and has a top shelf for ice buckets, fruit baskets or plates of cheese. You can also purchase wine racks in gift boxes if you’re looking for a housewarming or wedding gift.
DYWM Fun Fact
Wine has been around for so long it almost seems as though there was never a time that wine didn’t exist. Archaeologists even have evidence of wine consumption all the way back to 6000 B.C. in the Republic of Georgia. If you love learning about all things wine, here are a few more interesting facts about the beverage:
- Drinking red wine is associated with a lower stroke risk and a reduced chance of developing type 2 diabetes.
- In 1982 a man broke into Buckingham Palace. He drank half a bottle of their wine and ate their cheese.
- The Titanic was home to the oldest known wine cellar.
- The oldest bottle of unopened wine is housed at the Historical Museum of the Palatinate in Germany. It’s an astounding 1,650 years old!
The Wine Rack Buying Guide
- Smaller racks may have balance issues if they are not fully stocked.
- Large wine bottles and glasses that are made with wide bases don’t fit on the racks of some models. Review the size limits and compare them to the size of your wine bottles as you shop.
- Keep in mind that some wine racks require assembly. Check to see if the tools you need are included before you buy.
- The price of wine racks is related to the number of bottles the wine rack holds and its design. For example, the Winsome Wine Storage, 24-Bottle naturally costs less than the J.K. Adams Hardwood Wine Rack, 40-Bottle, as it holds 16 less bottles. The Sorbus Foldable Wine Rack, 6-Bottle and the KitchenEdge Metal Wine Rack, 6-Bottle hold the same number of bottles; however, the KitchenEdge has a slightly higher cost due to its scroll design and attractive gift box.