j/fit Pro Durable Padded Non Skid Push Up Bar Stand
Last updated date: April 23, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Parallette Bars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Parallette Bar you should buy.
Made with non-skid feet and padded handles, the j/fit Pro Push Up Bar Stand is comfortable to use. It works great with a variety of programs, including yoga, plyometric training, gymnastics and traditional workout routines. It's also a cinch to set up, as it requires just attaching four screws. In our analysis of 39 expert reviews, the j/fit j/fit Pro Push Up Bar Stand placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Parallette Bars for a detailed review of all the top parallette bars.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Our push up bar is the ultimate fitness gear to enhance your push ups and improve whole body posture. The padded handles will provide secure grip for safe push ups!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Parallette Bars
When designing your home gym, consider purchasing a set of parallette bars. They are extremely versatile, won’t take up much room and can be used by every member of the family to increase balance and build muscle strength. There are a few key features you’ll want to keep in mind as you browse the available models.
If you consider yourself a beginner or have never used a set of parallette bars before, go with a model that includes a complementary instructional DVD or e-guide. You’ll learn how to properly care for the equipment, as well as which exercises you can perform on the bars and what the benefits of those exercises are.
Ask yourself how committed you are to only working out in your home gym. If you prefer exercising outside on days when the weather is pleasant or you enjoy heading to a friend’s house once in a while to squeeze in a workout, you’ll want to look for a set of parallette bars that are lightweight and portable. Models that disassemble with ease and weigh around 8 pounds are an excellent option.
Consider how much weight the parallette bars are able to hold. Some units have a maximum of 250 pounds, while others are capable of supporting as much as 400 pounds. You want to go with a model that works for the entire family.
Construction is extremely important when browsing available parallette bars. You’re making an investment in your health and you want the equipment to last. The XTEK Gym XL Parallette Bars are made of a heavy gauge steel that is solid and sturdy.
Check the type of flooring in your home gym. If it’s on the slippery side, you’ll need a set of parallette bars that won’t slide around when you go to use them, as this is how some accidental injuries occur. The Vita Vibe Wood Parallettes Set is a good choice, as it is equipped with four non-slip foot pads on each bar.
Individuals who aren’t used to the hardness of the parallette bar’s handles would do well with a model like the j/fit Pro Push Up Bar Stand. This set of bars features plush neoprene grips that are extra wide. The grips provide comfort, as well as extra protection for your hands and wrists.
Finally, you’ll want to consider a set of parallette bars that is customizable, especially if several family members plan on using it. The RELIFE Parallette Push Up Stand allows users to adjust the height, connecting rod and foot strap.
DWYM Fun Fact
Parallette bars resemble the appearance of parallel bars that gymnasts use but are lower to the ground. They are also similar to dip bars, however, dip bars typically come with just one bar, whereas parallette bars are designed to be used in pairs. You can get a set of parallette bars that are just an inch off the ground or a set that is as high as a foot off the ground.
Individuals, couples and families who don’t have time to travel back and forth between home or work and a fitness center would do well to add a set of parallette bars to their home gym. The bars are great for strength training and improving balance and are capable of working almost every part of your body.
While parallette bars seem simple in design, there are actually a lot of exercises you can perform with them. The bars are excellent for completing traditional push-ups, as well as handstand push-ups. Users can also do leg lifts, tricep dips, knee raises and planche exercises on a set of parallette bars.
The Parallette Bar Buying Guide
- Some parallette bars are not easy to disassemble, which is a problem if you need to store at some point. Others are heavy and rather bulky, which also makes them difficult to travel with.
- Reviewers report that certain parallette bars are a little wobbly when in use. You’ll want to check for this, as you could accidentally injure yourself if you end up with a set of bars that aren’t solid and sturdy.
- Those who are just starting out with a set of parallette bars should stick to basic exercises in the beginning. You can then work your way up to more advanced levels, which is safer than just jumping right into the more complex exercises.
- It’s important to develop a regular cleaning routine to keep your parallette bars free from bacterial growth. You can use a set of disinfecting wipes or an ammonia solution made of up 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of ammonia. After you thoroughly wipe down the bars, give them a little time to air dry before the next family member uses them.
- Refrain from using bleach or hydrogen peroxide to clean your home gym equipment, as these harsh chemicals can cause skin irritation and may leave the equipment discolored.
- Parents can encourage their children to develop healthy exercise habits by including them in their workouts. If you choose to do this, however, you’ll need to supervise your children’s use of the parallette bars to ensure their safety.
- If you consider yourself handy and you have the tools, you can make your own set of parallette bars at home using PVC piping.
- Always check for purchase protection when buying a set of parallette bars. You’ll find some companies offer a 100% satisfaction or customer service guarantee, while others go a step further by providing a product warranty. You may find warranties that last between one and 10 years and even lifetime warranties on the bar’s more vulnerable parts.
- While it may not be the sole factor, price is certainly going to be something you want to consider before deciding which set of parallette bars would work best in your home. The cost for these bars varies based on construction materials and the height of the parallette bars. You’ll find the j/fit Pro Push Up Bar Stand is one of the more affordable sets on the market, while the RELIFE Parallette Push Up Stand is more moderately priced. On the higher end of the price spectrum are the XTEK Gym XL Parallette Bars and the Vita Vibe Wood Parallettes Set.