Ivation Freestanding Thermoelectric Countertop Wine Cooler
Last updated date: March 22, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wine Cooler Refrigerators and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wine Cooler Refrigerator you should buy.
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Ivation Ivation Freestanding Thermoelectric Countertop Wine Cooler placed 9th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 31, 2020:
Checkout The Best Wine Cooler Refrigerator for a detailed review of all the top wine cooler refrigerators.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The Ivation Wine Cooler keeps your wine at the correct & consistent temperature and stable environment, protecting the wine from exterior lights and elements, and is specially built to have zero vibration, so the wine could be aged and stored properly, enabling it to preserve and develop its delicious flavor, Color and Aroma, with the best possible mouthfeel, body, palette and finish, serving you the best and tastiest wine that is Full, Rich, Supple, Smooth, Round, and Balanced A Must Have for Wine Lovers and Collectors The only way to properly protect your wine is to store them in the Ivation temperature-controlled beautifully designed wine cooler, even for short term storage. Serving temperature has a big effect on how a wine smells, tastes and feels in your mouth, even a very good wine can be awful at the wrong temperature, likewise improper temperature can also shorten the wine’s life or ruin the wine completely, Regular refrigerators are not an option, as they are too cold for most wines, and “Room temperature” is too warm. Features & Specifications Maintains the perfect temperature for red and white wines Efficient thermoelectric cooling Low noise, low vibration – will not disturb sediment Touch controls and LCD display Soft interior lighting with on/off control Tempered smoked glass door Solid, CFC-free polyurethane foam insulation Rated Power: 65W Temperature Range: 54º – 64ºF (12º – 18ºC) Unit Dimensions: 13.5" x 20" x 25.4" (34.5 x 50.8 x 64.5cm) Weight: Net: 32 lbs. (14.5kg), Gross: 36 lbs. (16.4kg) Important Tip: Do not put your wine cooler in the garage. The big temperature ranges of a garage will make the cooler run too often, shortening it’s life. Buy with confident:If you need any help regarding any of our products don’t hesitate, we have a dedicated team ready to assist you please contact us at email@example.com or call 866-849-308
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wine Cooler Refrigerators
Whether you frequently host dinner parties, or you simply enjoy a glass of wine with your meals, a wine cooler refrigerator is an excellent purchase. You’ll be able to keep your favorite wines at an ideal temperature so that they are ready for consumption at a moment’s notice.
Before you browse the available wine cooler refrigerators on the market, you need to take a look at your kitchen or dining space. There are larger models that sit right on your floor, vertical units that fit in between a counter and a table and miniature models that rest right on your counter or tabletop.
Determine how many wine bottles you’d like the wine cooler refrigerator to hold, assuming you have the space. There are units that fit just 12 bottles, as well as coolers that can hold 15 and 18 bottles.
Check the temperature settings next. There are single zones with adjustable temperatures between 52 and 64-degrees Fahrenheit, as well as dual zones that allow you to keep white wines colder than your red wines. Look for an easy-to-use digital display that also has a button that turns on an internal light, so that you can view the bottles in the evening light.
Consider a wine cooler refrigerator that is energy efficient, has low to no vibration and runs quietly. It’s an added bonus if the model also keeps out UV light and has a secure door seal to prevent moisture.
Homes with small children will need a wine cooler refrigerator with an automatic child lock. This type of lock will activate a few seconds after the cooler’s door has closed to keep young ones from accessing a bottle when parents aren’t in the room.
DYWM Fun Fact
Back in Biblical times, wine was stored in wineskins that were typically made from goat skins. Later, archaeologists discovered clay jars that were used to hold fermented fruit juices, like wine.
It is believed that the first wine cellar existed more than 3,700 years ago in the city of Tel Kabri. Amazingly, this cellar is believed to have held as many as 3,000 wine bottles. Thanks to the invention of electricity and refrigeration, we can now store our wine in specially designed wine coolers.
The Wine Cooler Refrigerator Buying Guide
- Not all wine coolers have door locks to keep children out.
- Larger bottles might not fit on certain wine racks. You may need to remove a rack to store them, which means the cooler won’t be able to hold its listed number of wine bottles.
- White wines are typically stored in cooler temperatures than red wines. If you prefer white wine, keep this in mind as you browse the available wine cooler refrigerators, as some have limited temperature settings.
- When making big purchases, such as a wine cooler refrigerator, it’s best to go with a company that offers some type of product protection. Look for a customer satisfaction guarantee or a 1-year warranty with free returns or exchanges within the first 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Wine cooler refrigerator prices vary by the number of bottles they hold, as well as the number of extra features they have. When comparing prices, it’s a good idea to divide the overall price by the number of bottles the unit holds. If the unit has extra features, you’ll want to take that into consideration after you know the price per bottle. On the lower end of the price range, you’ll find the hOmelabs Freestanding Single Zone Wine Cooler and the Koldfront Slim-Fit Thermoelectric Wine Cooler. The Ivation Thermoelectric Countertop Wine Cooler is moderately priced, while the NutriChef Compact Countertop Wine Cooler is the most expensive.