Ivation Foot Spa Massager
Last updated date: January 24, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Foot Spas and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Foot Spa you should buy.
If you work on your feet all day, you will appreciate the intense vibrating massage of the Ivation Foot Spa Massager. Water jets throughout the spa create soothing bubbles. The spa also heats up for soothing comfort. In our analysis of 223 expert reviews, the Ivation Ivation Foot Spa Massager placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 24, 2020:
Checkout The Best Foot Spa for a detailed review of all the top foot spas.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
A relaxing spa retreat is as close as your own home! For men and women who work tirelessly on their feet, the complete resort experience is just a button away with the Multifunction Foot Spa by Ivation! Integrating all the best features of acupressure, shiatsu, heat, and hydrotherapy, our all-in-one bath delivers massaging, bubbling bliss to your achy soles and toes. Simply plug in the unit, fill the basin with water, and select your ideal spa session. Take a cool dip, or quickly heat the pool up to 122° F in mere minutes. Then, choose from a full suite of functions designed to target your various foot complaints. Activate the bubble feature to encourage circulation, while allover vibration soothes soreness and pain. Two built-in motorized rollers let you focus on tired heels, soles, and the balls of your feet after an intense workout or long day at work. In the spirit of luxury, your at-home spa also arrives with 3 attachments for a full pedicure treatment. Toss in some salts or oils, and you’ll be pretty, pain-free, and totally peaceful in no time! What You Get 1 Ivation Multifunction Foot Spa 1 Brush Attachment 1 Acupressure Attachment User’s Guide A sensational spa from the comfort of home! Specs & Details Power Rating: 120V, 50Hz - Plug 110v Power Output: 450W Dimensions: 16.5” x 14.9” x 9.2” Weighs in at 6.7 lbs. Display: LCD Features: Timer, Heat & Massage Controls How to Enjoy Place unit on flat surface and plug into outlet Fill spa according to water level marked inside basin Press power button, and prepare to relax Choose temperature and set timer Feel bubbly bliss and massaging magic Soothe, soak, rub, and exfoliate Save a ton on professional spa services!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Foot Spas
A foot spa might seem like a luxurious indulgence, but it can actually be a thoughtful, health-improving gift for yourself or someone you care about. Foot spas allow you to soak, heat and massage your feet, which offers numerous benefits to not only the health of your tootsies but also your overall physical and emotional wellbeing.
Most foot spas provide some form of massage and reflexology, which is the application of pressure to specific points on the feet (or hands). In theory, reflexology used on these points corresponds with certain organs and systems within the body, delivering relaxation and healing to those places.
Massaging your feet in a foot spa that targets those reflex points could help reduce pain in other areas, such as a pounding migraine or lower backache. It could uplift your mood, helping to ward off mild depression. And of course, it feels amazing to boot.
Soaking and massaging your feet is especially important if you have a largely sedentary lifestyle, as it improves blood flow. If you are on your feet all day, a warm, bubble foot soak is an amazing way to relax and rejuvenate tired, aching, swollen feet and ankles.
Resting your feet in a heated spa shortly before bedtime could help you fall asleep more quickly and enjoy an improved night’s rest.
Many foot spas also offer infrared technology, which is another health-boosting feature. Infrared therapy is used in many applications and provides numerous health benefits, such as the following:
- Infrared light increases the body’s production of nitric oxide, which is essential to improving blood circulation. In turn, this promotes improved cardiovascular health as well as reduced pain and decreased inflammation.
- Infrared therapy fosters the growth and repair of tissue and muscle cells as it augments the action of the mitochondria.
- It can aid in the reduction of muscle tension, the promotion of relaxation and the regulation of blood pressure.
Since foot spas are a safe, natural, non-invasive, painless treatment, there are no negative side effects to worry about, either.
DWYM Fun Fact
An ancient treatise titled The Huangdi Neijing or The Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Medicine was believed to have been written in approximately 2600 BC by the legendary Chinese emperor Huang Ti. The writing includes an entire chapter called “Examining Foot Method,” which is perhaps the earliest printed discussion related to reflexology.
During the Han Dynasty (206 BC to 220 AD), this practice was systemized. Chinese physician Hua Tuo used the phrase “Tao of the Foot Center” in his text, Hua Tuo Mi Ji.
The practice of reflexology continued to flourish during the Tang Dynasty (618 to 907 AD). During this time, the practice also became popular in Japan.
It is also believed that famed merchant, explorer and writer Marco Polo translated a Chinese massage book into Italian in the 1300s, introducing reflexology to Europe.
The Foot Spa Buying Guide
- Be sure to choose a foot spa that is easy to clean and maintain. You should empty and dry the tub after every use, as leaving water or moisture in the spa could lead to mold, bacteria or other hazardous issues. Cleaning the spa with mild soap such as dish soap and warm water after each use is advised. You might wish to follow up with disinfectant as well, particularly if you share the foot spa with family members.
- Consider where you will store and use your foot spa. Make sure that it is portable, especially if you plan to fill it in one room and carry or roll it to another. The size should be roomy enough for you to spread out your toes and relax, but not so massive that it is difficult for you to fill, move or put away when you’re finished.
- A heating option might seem like an added luxury, but don’t skimp on this feature. Even if you pour nice, warm water into the foot spa, it could become uncomfortably tepid while you soak your feet. You will come to appreciate a foot spa that heats and maintains a balmy temperature throughout your treatment.
- Some spas include a bubbling feature. The oxygenated water not only provides even more soothing enjoyment, but the bubbles can also help improve your body’s circulation and might even boost your metabolism.
- Nubby rollers or raised, textured areas in a foot spa can make for an amazing DIY foot massage experience. However, if your tootsies are particularly ticklish or sensitive, it might prove to be too much. If you’re not sure, consider a foot spa that has removable massage attachments just in case.
- Consider foot spas with other optional attachments if they would be useful to you. For instance, the Ivation Foot Spa Massager includes four accessories, such as a pumice stone and a brush attachment. If you are a fan of at-home pedicure treatments, these extras could make this the ideal choice for you.
- After enjoying a calming evening soak, pat your feet dry (don’t forget to dry between your toes!) and follow up with lotion. Slip into a pair of soft socks and go to bed to enjoy softer feet in the morning.