iTouchless Double Receptacle Odor Control Trash, Recycling & Compost Bin, 16-Gallon
Last updated date: September 7, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Trash, Recycling & Compost Bags & Cans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Trash, Recycling & Compost Bag & Can you should buy.
Update as September 15, 2021:
Checkout The Best Trash, Recycling & Compost Bags & Cans for a detailed review of all the top trash, recycling & compost bags & cans.
In our analysis, the iTouchless iTouchless Double Receptacle Odor Control Trash, Recycling & Compost Bin, 16-Gallon placed 8th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
UNCONDITIONAL PROMISE: Your 100% satisfaction is assured and backed by a Full-Service Manufacturer's Promise for two years, including Dedicated Customer Support (see user manual for details). SMART RECYCLE & TRASH HOME SOLUTION: Blue side for recycling, black side for trash. Quick and easy way to separate trash and recyclables. ODOR CONTROL SYSTEM: Features dual AbsorbX odor filters, one for each side. AbsorbX filter absorbs & neutralizes odors the natural way, for a fresh & clean smelling home. First 2 filters included! GENTLE & SILENT LID CLOSE: Durable, ergonomic pedal requires minimal force to open; easy to replace air damper for years of like-new performance. SOPHISTICATED & STYLISH: Elegant, fingerprint-proof and smudge-resistant brushed stainless steel is easy to clean and complements any décor. EASY & MESS-FREE EMPTYING: Two separate, color-coded 8 Gallon removable inner buckets make it easy to take out the garbage and recycling, Fits standard 8 to 10 gallon trash bags. No custom bags required. Dimensions: 18. 75 inch Wide x 15. 25 inch Deep x 26. 25 inch Tall (Lid Open Height: 38 inch).
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Trash, Recycling & Compost Bags & Cans
Taking care of the trash, recycling, and compost you and your family produce can be an unpleasant job. However, it doesn’t have to be if you have the right tools. Without proper trash, recycling, and compost bags and cans, you can end up with a messy, smelly and foul chore. However, the right bags and cans ensure that your garbage is always neatly put away, there is no lingering odor and it’s easy for the sanitation workers to pick up.
When it comes to trash bags, the first thing you have to look at is size. The bag needs to be large enough to fit inside your trash big. If the bag is too small, it will end up falling inside the bin and creating a mess. If the bag is too large, you will have a lot of unused space in the bag. In addition, check to see the thickness of the bag so you can make sure it is durable to handle the weight of the material inside. The last thing you want is for the bag to split open when you take it out of the trash can, spewing trash all over the place.
For recycling bins, first consider where you will be placing them. They need to be in an easily accessible place so you can conveniently toss in any recyclable materials throughout the day. Some people prefer to keep them in the garage while others like to have a small recycling bin in their kitchen. The placement of the bin will help you determine the size you need. Ensure that the bin is portable so it’s easy for you to pull it out to the curb for the sanitation workers to pick up.
The Trash, Recycling & Compost Bag & Can Buying Guide
- The material of the compost bags is of the utmost importance, because you don’t want to use just a regular plastic bag to hold your compostable waste. The bag itself needs to be compostable as well, so that it can also degrade along with the contents inside. In some regions, using the right compost bags is required by the sanitation department, and they will not collect your compost if you are using the wrong bags.
- Keep in mind that compost bags have a tendency to leak. As a result, you will need to place some paper towel under the bags in your compost bin so that you don’t end up with a watery mess when you change out the bag.
- Check to see whether your region has specific requirements for trash, recycling or compost bags and bins. For example, some areas may require you to place your trash in bags on the curb while others may require your trash in a bin.
- Most trash or compost bags don’t come with a specific type of closure, so you have to tie the ends shut. However, some do come with a drawstring type of closure. Another option is bags that have ties built into the bag so it’s easy to tie them shut.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide