iThermal Temperature Control Travel Coffee Mug, 12-Ounce
Last updated date: June 11, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Temperature Controlled Mugs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Temperature Controlled Mug you should buy.
Update as June 11, 2021:
Checkout The Best Temperature Controlled Mug for a detailed review of all the top temperature controlled mugs.
This is a non-powered travel mug that utilizes Phase Change Material to absorb heat from very hot liquids. It then slowly releases it over the course of six hours to maintain your beverage at a steady 125 degrees. Interchangeable caps allow you to choose how you enjoy your pleasantly warm drinks.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the iThermal Temperature Control Travel Coffee Mug, 12-Ounce placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Quick and Simple: Based on high-tech Phase Changer Material (PCM), the iThermal mug can cool down any poured hot drink into it to a warm temperature one in less than 2 minutes. Long lasting: Keeps your coffee or tea at the warm temperature for over 6 hours. Secure: The push-to-open, leak-proof cap comes with a safety lock that keeps iThermal from opening in your bag. Customizable: Comes with 2 different, interchangeable caps—1 push-to-open and safety lock cap and 1 twist-to-open cap—to fit any of your needs. Easy to hold and Eco-friendly: The mug’s long, slim body fits comfortably and conveniently in any hand. The whole mug body can be hand washed and is 100% environmentally safe.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Temperature Controlled Mugs
Many of us love a hot cup of coffee or tea, but it often cools too quickly–or, conversely, is too hot to drink straight away. There are a number of options available for obtaining and keeping the perfect drinking temperature, including passive heat-retaining mugs and active temperature-controlling mugs.
Heat-retaining mugs are different from temperature-controlling mugs, but often achieve the same goal. The primary difference in effectiveness is how frequently you plan to top up your mug over the course of the day.
If you plan to slowly work on a cup of coffee or tea steadily over the course of a day, you may prefer a temperature-controlling mug, which uses a battery to keep it’s liquid contents at a steady range of temperatures. This way, you can enjoy your drink exactly as you like it for as long as the battery holds out.
If you are more likely to drink multiple cups of coffee over the course of the day, you may be just fine with a heat-retaining mug. Each time you refill the mug you will be adding hot liquid again, which will bring the overall temperature up and restore the phase change material’s store of thermal energy.
The Temperature Controlled Mug Buying Guide
- A car-charging heated mug is great for traveling, but doesn’t work as well when you’re spending a lot of time at a desk.
- Heated mugs with charging or power coasters are ideal for work stations you’ll be seated or standing at for long periods, but if you only have one such coaster, you’ll need to bring it with you when you transition between work and home to take advantage of the powered functions of the mug.
- Longer battery life usually equates with a heavier or bulkier battery. Keep that in mind if you plan to move around with your mug a lot, such as between frequent meetings or coworkers’ desks.
- Powered mugs will sometimes include a removable inner lining to make washing easier, but will almost always require hand washing.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide