iTeknic Flannel Heated Electric Blanket
Last updated date: February 19, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Blankets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Blanket you should buy.
Editor's Note February 19, 2021:
Checkout The Best Electric Blanket for a detailed review of all the top electric blankets.
Safety is of the utmost importance, which is why this electric blanket comes with overheat protection and an ETL certification. The blanket heats up quickly and offers 10 different heat settings. Since the blanket is oversized, you'll be able to completely wrap yourself in its warmth.
In our analysis of 37 expert reviews, the iTeknic iTeknic Flannel Heated Electric Blanket placed 11th when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Flannel: Super Soft Warm Skin-friendly. Warm and Soft & Full Body Relief. Made by deluxe and super cozy soft flannel, this high-quality extra large electric blanket 60*50” can cover your full body and relax each inch of your aching muscles. Both sides of iTeknic lightweight throw are soft and smooth. It has more and denser heating coils, which makes it heat more evenly and continuously and give you warm in cold weather. Fast Heating with 10 Personalized Settings. iTeknic heated blanket will heat up in seconds till reaches the temperature you desire. With 10 Temperature Heat Levels (68~122⁰F), you can enjoy warm heat therapy freely and quickly. With Visual LCD Controller, people can clearly read the time and heating mode, especial good for aged people. Assured Safety with ETL Overheating Protection. iTeknic electric blanket will Auto Shut Off after 1-3 hours of continuous use to prevent over-heating and save energy. With overheating protection (NTC heating system) and ETL certification, you can use it safely. Efficient Heat Penetration and Preservation Function offer maximum soft and comfort feelings. Machine Washable and Long Lifetime. The Heated Throw is machine washable and durable in water below 40°C/104°F. Thanks to the detachable controller and power cord, the electric blanket pad can keep hygiene and softness no matter how many times you have washed it within many years. It can also be used as a normal blanket anywhere by simply detaching the controller. Convenient & Gift & Worry Free. Long power cable ( 8.9 feet) makes the electric heated thow work flexibly anywhere like in bedroom, living room, offices, car etc. It is a great gift for parents, grandparents, lover, friends as a Birthday, Christmas, Public Holiday gift/present. We provide 24-month help on quality-related issues, satisfying solution will be provided within 24 hours for any problem
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Blankets
Snuggling up with a cozy blanket and a cup of tea is a soothing escape from chilly weather, but you might need a little extra warmth on the frostiest days. An electric blanket provides comfort during winter’s harshest months. It’s also great for easing muscle aches, soothing stiff joints or just keeping nighttime shivers at bay.
Electric blankets used to be risky accessories. Older electric blankets used electric currents directly from your power outlets, creating a fire hazard. Most of them didn’t come equipped with auto shut-off timers, either. This made it nearly impossible to use around bedtime since they could overheat and burn you while you slept.
Newer electric blankets are much safer. They have transformers built into the blanket’s cord, lowering the voltage from the outlet before it gets to your blanket. Almost all models, including our four top picks, come with auto shut-off timers, so you can rest easy at night without worrying about fires or burns. Some models are even safer, as they utilize a special technology that uses a small power supply box to change your home’s electrical current into a low voltage DC current (similar to a battery current).
After you plug in an electric blanket, you can switch up the level of heat and the length of time you want to use it with handheld controls. Some electric blankets have an impressive range of 10 heat options. Other models also have another noteworthy feature. They sport dual controls that let you set two different levels of heat for each side of the bed, so your toastier half doesn’t sweat throughout the night.
The handheld controls come in different designs, too. Some heated blankets use a dial to help you click through their different heat settings, while others have a digital display with plus and minus buttons to set your heat level. Don’t forget to look for a blanket with a “preheat” option, so you won’t be shivering while you wait for it to warm up.
Once you turn on your blanket and choose your heat level, electricity flows through internal wires that run evenly throughout your blanket. Each model’s wires are a little bit different. Some models have extra-thin wires that are barely noticeable. The wires inside many of the electric blankets monitor temperature and auto-adjust throughout the night to maintain even warmth throughout your bedding.
Electric blankets come in an array of sizes and colors. Some are made from toasty fleece, while other blankets are covered in cozy micro flannel. Many models are also machine washable for easy care.
After you’ve decided which features are the most important in your hunt for the ideal electric blanket, you’ll be all set to curl up under your toasty new investment and keep winter chills at bay.
The Electric Blanket Buying Guide
- How far away is your bed from the nearest outlet? This determines the cord length you’ll need from your electric blanket. You can use almost any electric blanket if you have an outlet right next to your bed, but you’ll need something longer if your power outlet is located on a distant wall.
- What type of fabric do you prefer? Serta’s Reversible Sherpa Electric Throw Blanket is made from sturdy polyester, while other models use a flannel fleece material.
- How often do you see yourself using your electric blanket? If you live in a colder climate and want to snuggle up regularly, you might be willing to shell out more for a premium blanket. People in warmer climates who will only use their blanket occasionally should look at budget buys instead.
- Do you have any pets? It’s nice to have a four-legged friend curled up at your feet, but some pets might try nibbling your blanket’s cord. That can hurt your pet and damage your blanket. So you might want to consider closing your pets out of your bedroom if you want to sleep under your electric blanket.
- Do you have any medical conditions? Electric blankets might be risky for some people with chronic illnesses. For example, people with diabetes can develop a reduced sensitivity to heat, which makes it harder to tell if their blanket is getting too hot and causing irritation or burns. Individuals with chronic health conditions should check with their doctor before buying an electric blanket.
- Aside from keeping you nice and warm, heated blankets may also lower your electric bill. If you turn the heat in your home down a few degrees at night and rely on your electric blanket to fill the void, you could save a few bucks and lower your carbon footprint.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide