iTeknic Dental Water Flosser & Oral Irrigator
Last updated date: September 14, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Water Flossers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Water Flosser you should buy.
In our analysis of 76 expert reviews, the iTeknic iTeknic Dental Water Flosser & Oral Irrigator placed 3rd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 10, 2020:
Checkout The Best Water Flosser for a detailed review of all the top water flossers .
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
7 Multifunctional Jet Tips for Family Use. iTeknic Home Water Flosser comes with 7 tips, including 3 Classic Jet Tips, 1 Tongue Cleaner, 1 Dental Plaque Tip, 1 Orthodontic Tip and 1 Periodontal Tip. With different power floss dental water jet, your family can hygienically clean oral plague, food debris. A nice Water Flosser for Braces. Jet Nozzles can be hygienically and conveniently stored in the sealed and separated grooves cover on top of Water Irrigator. 10 Adjustable Water Pressure & One Key Operation. High efficiency Water Jet Pulse: 1250-1700 times/min, this dental water floss has 10 pressure settings to best suit your teeth and user experience and hygienically use it with whole families. Ideal for smoothly freely adjusting water pressure from 30-125 psi to avoid sudden jetting in the process of flossing. Two-in-one Smart Button can realize On / Off Switch and Water Pressure Adjustment. 600ml Capacity, 3 Minutes Washing, 1m Imported Soft Hose. This Leakproof Water Irrigator has 600ml large capacity and 1 meter long flexible imported hose, which can provides 3 minutes of uninterrupted dental water teeth flossing in a certain distance. Water tank and top jet tip cover are detachable, easy to fill water and clean all parts of the water flosser. The Vacuum Suction Cups on the bottom of oral flosser can hold on to smooth surface and won't slide accidentally when using. 360° Rotatable Jet Tip and Water Switch Button. iTeknic Family Eletronic Water Flossers adopt Ergonomic Handle Designed, so it is easy to hold it tight. The 360° rotation jet nozzle can reach all areas of mouth and removes 99% of all plaque to prevent tooth decay, gum bleeding, swelling and pain sensitivity. The convenient Pause Switch on the handle of electric tooth water jet flosser for temporary flow stop or power off at any time. No more finding the button awkwardly. Effective to Clean Teeth. iTeknic Portable Water Flosser is made of safe ABS Material and is IPX4, FDA, LFGB, CE, FCC etc approved. So you can use it safely. iTeknic oral irrigators are designed to prevent some oral problems, such as dental implant/orthodontics/dental plaque/gum issues/bad breath/tooth decay that are bad to our health. Keeping on using iTeknic water flosser can make your teeth and gum healthier and achieve good oral hygiene.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Water Flossers
Water flossers have many different names, including oral irrigators, dental water toothpicks and and Waterpiks, which is actually the brand name for one of the more well-known water flossers. No matter what you call them, these handy devices work well in conjunction with daily tooth brushing to clean between teeth and around the gums.
When shopping for water flossers, there are a few things you’ll want to consider before making a purchase. Start off examining the oral irrigator’s pressure settings. There may be a time when you need soft, medium or hard pressure. With 10 pressure settings that begin at 10 PSI and end at 100 PSI, the Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser is sure to give you the clean you’re looking for.
Next, check the number of tips and their designed function to make sure they meet your needs. The H2oFloss Professional Countertop Water Flosser has 12 multifunctional tips that can be used by everyone in the family. There are four jet tips, two tongue cleaning tips, two orthodontic tips, two periodontal tips and two nasal tips.
Determine whether you need your flosser to be stationary or portable. If you do a lot of traveling, for example, you’ll want to choose a model like the Nicefeel Cordless Water Flosser Teeth Cleaner, as the cordless feature, smaller design and the accompanying storage bag make it easy to grab and go.
Review the capacity of the water reservoir to determine how often you need to refill it. The MOSPRO IPX7 Professional Cordless Water Flosser has an extra-large reservoir when it comes to portable units with a tank that can hold 300 ml. Stationary units will hold more.
Look for any extra bells and whistles that might make the oral irrigator easier to use. Some models have built-in timers, so you know exactly how long you’ve spent flossing. Others have a memory function that keeps the device on the last pressure setting you used.
DWYM Fun Fact
Water flossers are an excellent alternative to traditional string floss, as many studies have revealed that they actually have significant positive results when it comes to your oral health. Not only are water flossers 51% more effective at reducing gingivitis than string floss, but they are also twice as powerful at reducing gingival bleeding. They do a better job at removing plaque as well.
You may be wondering how water flossers came about. It was actually a dentist in Colorado, along with his patient who happened to work as a hydraulic engineer at the time, who created the first water flosser. The water flosser was then marketed to other dental practices in 1962. Today, we can find them in department stores, pharmacies and online stores, like Amazon.
The Water Flosser Buying Guide
- Always check the water flosser’s product label for the American Dental Association seal of approval. This seal lets you know the product has been thoroughly tested and meets the strict requirements set forth by the organization.
- Look to see if the oral irrigator has a product warranty and how long that warranty is good for. Warranties vary greatly among flossers and can be anywhere from 12 months to 3 years. You don’t want to risk the product breaking down after just 3 months of use and having no way to recoup your money.
- Determine if the outlets are compatible with your area of residence. Some flossers are only compatible with 110VAC/60Hz outlets, which are what you’ll find throughout North America, while others use USB ports for charging.
- Keeping your water flosser clean is important. Read the product label to see if any of the flosser’s parts are dishwasher safe. Some may require you to run 2 tablespoons of white vinegar mixed with 16 ounces of water through the system. Afterward, run warm water through the system to rinse out the vinegar. You can also soak the flosser’s handle for 5 to 7 minutes in a cup that is filled with 1/3 white vinegar and 2/3 water. You should do this once a month.
- When comparing prices for water flossers, you need to take into consideration the type of oral irrigator. For example, the Nicefeel Cordless Water Flosser Teeth Cleaner and the MOSPRO IPX7 Professional Cordless Water Flosser are designed for travel, so their cost is going to be different than the Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser and the H2oFloss Professional Countertop Water Flosser, which are made to rest on your bathroom sink. You’ll also want to consider how many tips you get and how many pressure settings the unit comes with. More features equal a higher price.