Itallian Hairtech Violet Toning Conditioner, 8.45-Ounces
Last updated date: February 23, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Purple Conditioners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Purple Conditioner you should buy.
In our analysis of 25 expert reviews, the Itallian Hairtech Itallian Hairtech Violet Toning Conditioner, 8.45-Ounces placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 20, 2020:
Checkout The Best Purple Conditioner for a detailed review of all the top purple conditioners.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Let your blonde shine through! The Purple Toning Conditioner from Trivitt helps maintain color-treated and naturally blonde hair. It neutralizes yellowy, orange, brassy and reddish tones. It helps manage cool tones in blonde, silver or gray hair and protects it from discoloration. Not only does it preserve the perfect blonde hues it also penetrates hair with moisture and hydration. It makes hair easier to comb through and seals ends to prevent breakage. A special blend of highly moisturizing, detangling and protecting ingredients works to revive hair and bring out cool tones. Bring back the platinum shine!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Purple Conditioners
Individuals who have blonde or silver hair, whether natural or bleached, will find that brassy or yellowish tones are a common problem. Fortunately, there is an easy fix for this. All you have to do is add a purple conditioner to your hair care routine to counteract those tones.
When browsing the available purple conditioners on the market, look for one that doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals. For example, the L’Oréal Paris Sulfate Free Purple Conditioner, 6.8-Ounce is free of sulfates, gluten, parabens and harsh salts. Harsh chemicals are known to dry out hair, which will leave hair looking dull and lifeless.
If you have hair that is color-treated, you’ll need a purple conditioner that also keeps hair from fading, like the Joico Color Balance Purple Conditioner, 10.1-Ounce. This purple conditioner uses a multi-spectrum defense complex to keep your hair vibrant and as attractive as the day you had it dyed.
Look for a purple conditioner that won’t dry your hair out. The amika Bust Your Brass Blonde Conditioner, 8.45-Ounce uses omega fatty acids and hydrolyzed keratin in their formula, which leave hair feeling soft and healthy.
Check for any added ingredients that might make one bottle of purple conditioner stand out from another. For example, the Surface Pure Blonde Violet Conditioner, 7-Ounce contains maqui berry and moringa oil that nourish your hair and protect it from the damage done by free radicals.
DYWM Fun Fact
Lighter colored hair is more susceptible to brassy tones and hair color that fades. Fortunately, there is a way to counteract this, and that’s with a purple shampoo and conditioner. Since purple is the opposing color to whites and yellows, it makes sense that it is able to cancel out those yellow tones. The result is hair that is both bright and attractive.
The Purple Conditioner Buying Guide
- Some reviewers report that purple conditioning products can be difficult to clean out of the shower.
- Purple conditioner doesn’t work as well to tone down the color orange.
- For the best results, you’ll also want to use a purple shampoo.
- While all purple conditioners require you to massage them into your scalp and hair, they differ on how long you need to leave the product in before rinsing it out. Typically, this is between one and five minutes.
- If you have hair extensions, you’ll want to avoid using purple conditioner. The ingredients may strip away the glue that holds your extension in place.
- The price for a bottle of purple conditioner can vary greatly based on added ingredients. For example, the Joico Color Balance Purple Conditioner, 10.1-Ounce and L’Oréal Paris Sulfate Free Purple Conditioner, 6.8-Ounce are cheaper than the amika Bust Your Brass Blonde Conditioner, 8.45-Ounce and the Surface Pure Blonde Violet Conditioner, 7-Ounce due to the natural plant-based additives that repair and protect your hair. When comparing the cost of two similar conditioners, you’ll also want to check how many ounces you’re getting for the price to see if it is the best deal.