IRON AGE Doorway Pull-Up Bar
Last updated date: October 8, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pull Up Bars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pull Up Bar you should buy.
Update as May 7, 2021:
Checkout The Best Pull Up Bar for a detailed review of all the top pull up bars.
You won't leave marks on your door frame when you opt for this pull-up bar. It's made with premium silicone door protectors that prevent any possible damage. A few other attractive features include a shortened upper bar, angled grip ends and a set of suspension straps.
In our analysis of 25 expert reviews, the IRON AGE Doorway Pull-Up Bar placed 5th when we looked at the top 21 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Ergonomic angled end to help protect wirst, ideal for latissimus. The length of the upper bar is firstly shortened to 39.17 inch from 47.24 inch, making it perfect for shoulder width pull ups. The form grip on the upper bar is divided into four small ones; with the angled grip ends, they together offer a wide range of different grip options: shoulder width grip or a close grip. SUSPENSION STRPAS are included for maximum versatility in your workouts. Preimum silicone door protectors can prevent damage to your door frame. The bar leaves no mark on your frame. Multiple foldable design make is a best space saver, you can store it in few seconds after a convenient training. The distance bewteen the two "hook " is cut down to 22.83", making it almost fit all doors, even doors in the corner. Fits a door width of 22.83" - 36.22"(58-92 cm) and depth of 8.27"(21 cm); Acceptable trim height up to 3.54"(9 cm). It holds up to 400 lbs (200kg). Though great efforts are made to let it fits all doorways (the distance between two "hooks " shorted to fit some narrower doors; the upper bar also cut short to fit doors in the corner around walls), we always offer 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE for some special doorways that still don't fit. So buy it at ease now!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pull Up Bars
It can be a hassle to try and get to the gym on a regular basis, but putting together a home gym requires a fair amount of room for fitness equipment and gear. Fortunately, there’s a lot you can do with a pull-up bar and it barely takes up any space. You can install it right inside one of your inner doorways.
As you shop for the best pull-up bar, consider its weight capacity. Many bars have a 300-pound weight capacity; however, there are a few models that can handle as much as 400 pounds.
Check that the pull-up bar expands enough to fit inside your doorframe. The bars typically start out at 24 inches in length, but some only reach as far as 32 inches. Look for a model with a 36-inch reach if your doorways are on the wider side.
Take a close look at the pull-up bar’s handgrips. You want a model that offers foam grips that keep your hands from experiencing fatigue during the workout. It’s also important to note that some pull-up bars offer multiple hand grips, so you could opt for a model with just four handgrips or one with 12.
Consider going with a pull-up bar that can be used for more than just pull-ups and chin-ups. For example, some are designed to also rest on the floor for performing sit-ups, dips and crunches.
The Pull Up Bar Buying Guide
- Always seek medical advice from your doctor before starting any exercise program, including one that uses a pull-up bar.
- It’s good practice to use a disinfecting wipe to clean your pull-up bar after each use. This is especially important if other members of your home also use the bar to work out.
- Should the pull-up bar not have as much grip as you’d like, you can pick up a pair of weightlifting gloves. These are made to protect your palms while also providing extra grip.
- You’ll find plenty of workout sequences on YouTube for your pull-up bar if you find yourself needing a little inspiration.
- Make sure you install and use the supplied mounts that come with your specific pull-up bar. Otherwise, it may not be secure and safe to use.
- Design and construction materials cause the price of pull-up bars to vary. You’ll find simple bars that are quite affordable, and higher-priced pull-up bars that are bigger and come with bonus suspension straps.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide