IQ BUILDER STEM Learning Toys For 7 Year Olds, 164-Piece Set
Last updated date: May 17, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Toys For 7 Year Olds and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Toy For 7 Year Olds you should buy.
Update as April 23, 2021:
Checkout The Best Toys For 7-Year-Olds for a detailed review of all the top toys for 7 year olds.
This toy for 7-year-olds lets kids create several simple or complex geometrical configurations. It introduces kids to the basics of mathematics, physics and mechanics.
In our analysis of 34 expert reviews, the IQ BUILDER STEM Building Toy Set placed 4th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
IQ BUILDER toys are specifically engineered to develop the cognitive system, promote learning and provide hours of productive play. With our unique and innovative building toy set, rest assured your kids are spending their time getting a brain-push while collaborating with others to create fun block-structures. Kids love these creative learning solutions that are perfect for enhancing fine motor skills and improving hand-eye coordination, logic and problem-solving abilities. Our safe and toxin-free toys facilitate early childhood progress and brain development so gift the kids a chance to grow up to become inspirational leaders of tomorrow. STEM LEARNING Our toy sets are designed to engage students in STEM Learning (Science, Math, Engineering & Mathematics) at an early age to help students develop the necessary in-demand skills to participate in the classroom and for success in a rapidly changing world. FEATURES: Innovative design with 40 connecting balls, 5 wheels + wheel connectors and 88 different length ball connectors for unlimited design options 24 cover plates to colorfully decorate finished geometric designs Easy wash with a warm water bath to prevent germs from sticking around Toy storage box that makes for a great stocking container for when not in use THINK BIGGER Our toy is like a construction engineering toolkit that allows you to expand your imaginative realm and build all sorts of inventive structures. It offers hours of fun activity that keeps the kids away from the smartphones and tablets so that they can benefit from productive play. Our toy sets are capable of building any geometric shape your mind can imagine so long as you have enough pieces to take you wherever your creativity goes. BE INSPIRED Our toy set comes with three online instructional eBooks for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels of building based on complexity of design. These serve as great instructors for creative ideas that teach you how to make different geometric designs in the beginning so you can build bigger and more complex structures as you learn. SAFETY FIRST All of our toys at IQ BUILDER have been crafted to incorporate necessary safety features as we firmly believe in child safety first. This is why our creative building set has been thoroughly tested by an independent CPSC-accredited lab in the USA to make educational experiences both fun and harmless.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Toys For 7 Year Olds
Keeping 7-year-olds entertained is no easy feat. They are at an age where they are exploring their curiosity and figuring out how the world around them works. The key is to find toys that complement their developmental abilities while providing them with challenges to learn and grow.
So what are most 7-year-olds like? While developmental milestones can be hit at a range of ages, many children around this age understand the concept of numbers and can tell time. They can repeat a series of numbers backward and know left from right. This knowledge helps them play more effectively with toys that require spatial awareness and understanding of numbers and geometry.
Children this age can put together complex, multi-part sentences. They can also follow a longer series of commands than they could before. Plus, 7-year-olds are learning that some words have more than one meaning, so they can begin to tell and understand jokes and puns. Their reading skills are improving, so it’s a good idea to engage with toys that encourage literacy and challenge kids to spell and speak complex words.
While 7-year-olds are learning more about how logic and reason govern the world around them, they still have a creative side and a wild imagination. Many kids this age exhibit animism, which is the concept that animals and inanimate objects think and behave as humans do. However, they are also old enough to apply factual thinking to their imaginative side, taking their roleplay games to another level of creativity. Toys that encourage roleplay and fuel imagination are a good idea for this age group.
The problem-solving skills of 7-year-olds are still developing, which means they are learning to understand the scope of a problem and identify and evaluate several different solutions. While they may not be able to figure out hypothetical considerations, they are learning to use reason and logic more effectively while figuring out solutions. Toys that encourage problem-solving and critical thinking can help to advance this developmental skill.
The Toy For 7 Year Olds Buying Guide
- When buying toys for a 7-year-old, it’s important to make sure the toy will interest the child. Kids have a range of likes and dislikes, so it’s critical to pick a toy that the child will be excited to play with. The Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit is a 20-piece kit that allows a young scientist to explore the basics of science from chemical reactions to the use of scientific tools. It includes a number of (safe!) chemicals, such as red cabbage powder, citric acid, baking soda, color tablets, vegetable oil and corn starch. It also comes with cotton swabs, test tubes, plastic cups, pipette, sticks, measuring scoops and an activity guide. The IQ BUILDER STEM Building Toy Set is a creative construction engineering option for kids who like to build things. With the 164 pieces, kids can assemble nearly any geometric configuration from small simple shapes to large models and structures. There are also toys that teach children the mechanics of engineering. Kids can build a car, helicopter, airplane, truck, motorcycle or anything else they can come up with.
- For many parents, it’s imperative to purchase toys for their children that help them advance their developmental skills. The Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit helps kids understand the basics of chemistry and chemical interactions. Plus, the kit is open-ended, so children can come up with their own experiments and use their imagination. The IQ BUILDER STEM Building Toy Set was inspired by a group of teachers. The toy assists in demonstrating concepts of geometry, physics and math. Kids can also improve their hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills by putting together different structures. Certain magnetic building block sets help kids learn about geometry and shapes as well as improve their spatial awareness skills. They can also work on their tactile skills by carefully crafting magnetic structures. Other toys teach kids how to use tools like screwdrivers and wrenches. Through these types of toys, children can also improve hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- When you’re buying toys for 7-year-olds, affordability is an important factor to consider. After all, kids go through phases, and while they may be interested in the toy now, they could lose interest in a month or two. The Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit and the IQ BUILDER STEM Building Toy Set are all on the lower end of the price range and are affordable options for kids. On the other hand, magnetic building tiles sets command a higher price because they’re so versatile.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide