IQ BUILDER STEM Building Set, 164-Piece
Last updated date: September 1, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Building Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Building Set you should buy.
Update as September 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Building Sets for a detailed review of all the top building sets.
This 164-piece STEM-focused building set with balls, wheels and connectors is ideal for any level of builder. It includes e-book instructions for beginner, intermediate and advanced players and will flex children's mental muscles.
In our analysis, the IQ BUILDER IQ BUILDER STEM Building Set, 164-Piece placed 1st when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
EMPOWER YOUR CHILD WITH THE SKILLS NEEDED FOR A BRIGHT AND SUCCESSFUL FUTURE. IQ BUILDER has created a brand new and unique set of educational toys with a strong emphasis on STEM LEARNING to help children build a solid foundation in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Our toys are designed to flex mental muscles and put the cognitive parts of the brain to work promoting development of critical thinking, reasoning and problem solving skills! RECOMMENDED BY EDUCATION PROFESSIONALS FOR BOTH THE HOME AND CLASSROOM. IQ BUILDER was inspired by a group of teachers and our toys have been applied in classrooms to assist in demonstrating concepts of geometry, physics and mathematics to students ranging from elementary school children to adults attending graduate degree programs. It is a fun and productive gift for anyone – child or adult – that has shown an interest in math, science, construction and/or engineering! THREE INSTRUCTIONAL EBOOKS INCLUDED FOR BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED BUILDING. Toy sets made by IQ BUILDER can assemble nearly any geometrical configuration you can imagine from small simple shapes and patterns to large complex models and structures. We have included three eBooks so anyone can play no matter their skill level. Each ball has 26 connecting points and our set comes with four different length connector pieces allowing for great flexibility in design and creativity!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Building Sets
Toys that encourage building provide kids of all ages with numerous benefits. For babies and toddlers, building sets help improve their gross and fine motor skills. In addition to stacking things on top of each other, kids scoot, crawl, grab and stretch while they build even if their creations may not be marvels of architecture. Linking pieces together and picking up individual blocks help them work on their hand-eye coordination as well.
Children preschool-aged and older can work on their problem-solving skills when they play with building sets. As they use the trial and error method to figure out which pieces will help them accomplish what they want to do, they’re learning.
Kids also get to explore their creativity when they play with building sets. They envision fantastical models, then work to bring them to reality. Whether they are constructing simple towers or complex cities, they can expand their horizons as they dream up unique features and new elements they can add to their masterpiece.
The Building Set Buying Guide
- Building sets come in numerous varieties. While Lego-style bricks are always popular, there are other building materials kids can try as well. One option that is great for younger children involves magnets. Tiles with magnetic sides are perfect for helping young kids create fun shapes and buildings. The tiles often come in different shapes and colors so kids can learn new vocabulary while they play. Older kids may enjoy STEM-focused building materials that include gears, different shapes, levers and other features.
- Consider whether your child might enjoy an open-ended building set, where they can build any number of items, or a set that is designed to create one specific structure. Some kids thrive on having unrestrained creativity while others prefer step-by-step instructions that lead to a known finished product.
- Many building sets have dozens of pieces, so it’s important for them to have a permanent home. Otherwise, you may end up losing pieces under the couch or stepping on them as you walk down the hallway. Some building sets come with their own storage bin while others will require you to provide your own. A transparent container is ideal so kids can easily see the pieces they need.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide