IPOW Wide Stainless Steel Chip Clips,10-Piece
Last updated date: March 13, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Chip Clips and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Chip Clip you should buy.
Update as March 13, 2023:
Checkout The Best Chip Clips for a detailed review of all the top chip clips.
You’ll get 10 metal chip clips in this set, each made from premium stainless steel. Durable springs and a rustproof coating help these clips hold up even with years of everyday use. Each clip is 3 inches wide and they’re versatile enough to be used for a variety of household purposes.
In our analysis, the IPOW IPOW Wide Stainless Steel Chip Clips,10-Piece placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
POWERFUL – The strong and agile spring can clamp your open snack bag tightly. Protect your food from the air and help it stay fresh longer. Great for sealing chip bags, cereal bags, cracker bags etc. MULTIFUNCTIONAL – The 3-inch wide clamps with powerful springs are not only used to keep food fresh, can even be used to grip craft supplies or organize paper files. Theses versatile clips are very handy for home and office use. DURABLE – Made of premium stainless steel. Featured with durable springs. And the rust-proof coating keeps them nice and shiny. Just throw away those chintzy plastic clips, AND TRY IPOW steel clips! GOOD VALUE – A set of 10 durable steel clamps. Never break or lose spring tension! One investment for whole household. Definitely a home & kitchen utility product. RELIABLE -You asked, we listened. Every edge, including the edge of the press handle, is polished and dulled, you can use IPOW clips without worry.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Chip Clips
Potato chips are a pantry staple, whether you pack them in lunches or snack directly from the bag. Unlike other types of potatoes, chips hold their freshness for a while, particularly when stored inside a sealed bag. This is due in part to the frying process, which reduces the moisture content of each potato slice to around 2%.
But not all potato chips are created equal. The frying process and thickness of each slice determine a potato chip’s overall texture, as well as the type of potato used to make the chips. As long as chips stay sealed in the bag, they’ll maintain their freshness up to the “sell by” date and beyond. Once you’ve opened the bag, though, the snacks can quickly lose that crispness.
So how do you maintain that crunchy texture? The key is to understand how manufacturers keep their chips fresh in the first place. Before inserting the chips and sealing the bag, nitrogen gas is piped into it, helping remove oxygen. Once you break that seal, oxygen finds its way back into the bag, eventually making the product stale. If you’re in a high-humidity environment, the moisture can even lead to sogginess.
The key to extending the life of opened bags of chips is to keep oxygen to a minimum. Chip clips have become a handy way to keep snacks fresh, but you won’t see the best results unless you can also reduce oxygen in the bag. Before you apply the clip, shake all the chips to the bottom, press the air from the bag, then fold down the top corners and continue rolling the sack until you’ve reduced the excess space. Once that’s done, clip the chips in the center.
In addition to these steps, you’ll need to choose the right type of chip clip. You’ll want one that has enough grip to hold your bags in place while still being lightweight and slim. One with a strong spring can give you the hold you need for thicker chip bags.
The Chip Clip Buying Guide
- Most chip clips are sold in multiples. You can find them in sets of two or three, as well as larger groups of 10 or more.
- Consider that potato chips might not be the only food you’ll want to seal closed after opening. You can use chip clips for bags of cookies, cereal, crackers, bread and more.
- The strength of the spring is very important. You’ll want one that’s easy to squeeze open but that also has a strong grip once you’ve placed it on the bag.
- Pay close attention to the material of any chip clip you buy. You’ll want one strong enough to withstand years of use. If they’re rust-resistant and waterproof, that will be a big help in a moisture-prone area like the kitchen.
- Chip clips aren’t just for food. You can use them for hanging clothes, binding documents together and much more.
- Some chip clips come with built-in magnets. This type can hang on your refrigerator until you’re ready to use it. If you’re planning to use it to hold items on the fridge, make sure the magnet is strong enough to handle the extra weight.
- If you plan to display your chip clips on the refrigerator when they aren’t in use, consider buying ones that match your existing decor.
- As durable and strong as steel can be, nylon clips can be soft to the touch, making them more pleasant to handle.
- Even with rustproof, waterproof chip clips, the dishwasher isn’t an option. You’ll need to occasionally hand wash them.
- Clothespins and paper clips can hold your bag together in a pinch, but they typically won’t have enough grip to serve as a long-term solution.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide