Instant Pot Ultra 10-in-1, 6 Qt
Last updated date: November 6, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 6-Quart Multi-Cooker and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best 6-Quart Multi-Cooker you should buy.
Whether you're looking to downsize, or you simply enjoy living a minimalist lifestyle, the Instant Pot Ultra 10-in-1, 6 Qt takes the place of as many as 10 other kitchen appliances. With this pot, you'll be able to prepare full dinners, make yogurt from scratch, steam vegetables and even bake a cake. Thanks to the UL Certification, you can also feel confident that this Instant Pot has implemented a host of safety features for your protection. In our analysis of 0 expert reviews, the Instant Pot Instant Pot Ultra 10-in-1, 6 Qt placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 14, 2019:
Checkout The Best 6-Quart Multi-Cooker for a detailed review of all the top 6-quart multi-cooker.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On 6-Quart Multi-Cooker
Multi-cookers with a 6-quart capacity are an excellent choice for typical families, as they are able to produce between four and six servings of your favorite foods. The cookers themselves are able to take the place of as many as 10 kitchen appliances, depending on the particular model. With a multi-cooker, you’ll be able to prepare everything from beef stew to fluffy white rice to Greek yogurt. The best part is the machine will cook these foods 70% faster than your other kitchen appliances.
If you’re ready to shop for a pressure cooker to prepare healthy meals from scratch for the ones you love, you’ll want to consider the following while browsing the different models:
Check the safety mechanisms. The newer the model, the more safety measures have been put in place. Some models even have a CL certification, which is another indication that the unit meets top-quality safety standards.
Review the materials used to make the multi-cooker. An outer stainless steel shell is not only durable and appealing to the eyes, it also resists fingerprints. There are generally two types of materials used to make the inner pot. You may prefer a model with a stainless steel inner pot, like the Instant Pot LUX60V3 V3 6-in-1, 6 Qt, or one with a ceramic inner pot, such as the Instant Pot Ultra 10-in-1, 6 Qt. Both allow for even heat distribution, but you’ll want to make sure the material is food grade and has no chemical coating.
Determine how many pre-programmed settings you need. The Instant Pot DUO60 7-in-1, 6 Qt has 14, but there are other models with less and other models with more. You’ll find buttons for poultry, beef, soup, rice, yogurt, eggs and even cake.
Examine any additional settings to see if you’ll be able to adjust the multi-cooker to your specific recipe requirements. Some models allow you to increase or decrease the pressure, increase or decrease the pressure, delay the start time and keep the already cooked food warm.
Look for any extras that set the multi-cooker apart from the other models you’re considering. For example, the DEENKEE 10-in-1 Pressure Cooker, 6 Qt comes with seven accessories that include a measuring cup, rice paddle and silicone gasket.
DWYM Fun Fact
While the Instant Pot hasn’t been around that long, it has quickly become a kitchen must-have. This handy appliance was first thought of by Dr. Robert Wang in 2009 in Ottawa, Canada. Wang enlisted a few friends to help him create the cooker that we know and love today. What separates the Instant Pot from other cookers is its microprocessor and added pressure and heat sensors that allow you to cook just about any dish you can think of.
It took 18 months before the first Instant Pot model was ready to be sold in stores. The company’s Facebook community page was created in 2015, and as of 2019, they already have an astounding two million followers.
The 6-Quart Multi-Cooker Buying Guide
- Look for and review any product warranties before you make the purchase, so you know what repairs are covered. Many brands come with a warranty, even some that last as long as 10 years.
- Multi-cookers have so many uses that you may not be aware of them all. A few of these include applesauce, marmalade, popcorn, sourdough bread, Creme Brulee and homemade vanilla extract. In addition to cooking your food, a multi-cooker is also ideal for heating up any leftovers the next day.
- Check the Instant Pot’s care guide to determine how it should be cleaned. Some components are listed as dishwasher safe, while others are not. You’ll also need to make sure you turned the unit off and waited for it to completely cool before you begin the cleaning process.
- In the event that your stainless steel inner pot ends up with a bluish spot, use a non-abrasive stainless steel cleaner to remove it. The company also allows for soaking the area with white distilled vinegar for five minutes before wiping the spot clean.
- The condensation collector within the Instant Pot doesn’t have to be cleaned every time. Depending on how often you use the pot, you may wish to clean it once a week or once every two weeks. Wash this piece by hand and allow it to thoroughly dry before replacing it.
- You will need to clean the anti-block shield underneath the lid after each use. You can pop it out simply by pushing it toward the rim. Wash the shield by hand, wait for it to dry and put it back in with a little push.
- As you browse multi-cooker prices, you’ll need to take into consideration how many appliances the pot is replacing and any extras that are included in the package. The Instant Pot LUX60V3 V3 6-in-1, 6 Qt and the Instant Pot DUO60 7-in-1, 6 Qt are on the lower end cost-wise, as they only replace six or seven kitchen appliances. The Instant Pot Ultra 10-in-1, 6 Qt and the DEENKEE 10-in-1 Pressure Cooker, 6 Qt command a higher price because they are able to replace 10 kitchen appliances. The DEENKEE model also comes with a host of extras, like a measuring cup and a rice paddle.