Insomniac Spider Man
Last updated: March 1, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top PS4 Games and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best PS4 Game you should buy.
In our analysis of 158 expert reviews, the Insomniac Spider Man placed 7th when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Marvel’s Spider-Man features your favorite web-slinger in a story unlike any before it. Now a seasoned Super Hero, Peter Parker has been busy keeping crime off the streets as Spider-Man. Just as he’s ready to focus on life as Peter, a new villain threatens New York City. Faced with overwhelming odds and higher stakes, Spider-Man must rise up and be greater. Sony Interactive Entertainment, Marvel and Insomniac Games present Marvel’s Spider-Man exclusively for PlayStation 4. Be Spider-Man After eight years behind the mask, Peter Parker is a crime-fighting master. Feel the full power of a more experienced Spider-Man with improvisational combat, dynamic acrobatics, fluid urban traversal, and environmental interactions. A rookie no longer, this is the most masterful Spider-Man you’ve ever played. Worlds Collide The worlds of Peter Parker and Spider-Man collide in an original action-packed story. In this new Spider-Man universe, iconic characters from Peter and Spider-Man’s lives have been reimagined, placing familiar characters in unique roles. Marvel’s New York is Your Playground The Big Apple comes to life as Insomniac’s most expansive and interactive world yet. Swing through vibrant neighborhoods and catch breathtaking views of iconic Marvel and Manhattan landmarks. Use the environment to defeat villains with epic takedowns in true blockbuster action.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
PS4 Game Rankings
- If you haven’t played Ubisoft “Assassin’s Creed Origins” in a while, it may be worth a relook. The award-winning game has undergone a recent revamp, taking it in the direction of a role-playing game. However, it’s still technically a stealth game, requiring the player to master the ability to sneak up on opponents.
- When it comes down to it, many of today’s top games excel at worldbuilding. With Ubisoft “Assassin’s Creed Origins,” it’s all about the map. This version has the largest and most connected map in all the renditions. You’ll find even when you’re out in the middle of the desert, there are plenty of awe-inspiring views. The game will take you deep into the heart of Egypt, immersing you in the ancient culture of the country.
- The open-world Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” also offers a sizeable map, with mesmerizing landscapes and photorealistic graphics.
- If you’ve played “Grand Theft Auto” before, you’re probably already familiar with the meticulous detail put into the graphics. Rockstar “Grand Theft Auto 5” has realism all the way down to weather and lighting effects. This lends authenticity to the experience that makes you feel as though you’re truly a part of that world.
- One of the best things about Warner Brothers “Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War” Gold Edition is that it helps you grow as a player. The game takes note of moves that you haven’t yet used and coaches you to complete them in order to become better at virtual combat.
- One new feature that will enhance your experience with Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” is the Fulton surface-to-air recovery system. It also adds Mother Base to your adventures, which means Big Boss will have more resources than in previous Metal Gear games.
- Storylines have become huge in many of today’s PS4 games, but many of them have a problem with growing repetitive over time. As with previous iterations, Ubisoft “Assassin’s Creed Origins” has an engaging storyline. However, some find the quests are repetitive over time, and you may find that finding the loot is too easy if you’re a more experienced player. Missions with Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” can also become repetitive. Although the story is captivating, it doesn’t seem to have as many twists and turns as other open-world games. Rockstar “Grand Theft Auto 5” is all based on auto heists, which provide plenty of adventures without a complex storyline. The quests in Warner Brothers “Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War” Gold Edition can also become repetitive.
- Although Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” repeats itself over time, it’s important to note that you drive the storyline in open-world games, and this game gives you plenty of opportunities to make it your own.
- If your setup supports 4K resolution, you may want to sway toward Ubisoft “Assassin’s Creed Origins,” which offers 4K gameplay as an option.
- Lack of responsiveness can become frustrating with any game. The controls with Ubisoft “Assassin’s Creed Origins” can feel a bit awkward at times. That means combat can tend to feel unnatural, with attacks not landing quite the blow they feel like they should.
- Many players prefer the spirit of competition that comes with playing others. Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” offers both solo and online team gameplay options.
- For gamers on a budget, Rockstar “Grand Theft Auto 5” is the best option, selling for less than $20. Ubisoft “Assassin’s Creed Origins,” Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” and Warner Brothers “Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War” Gold Edition can be found in the $20-$30 range. But the Warner Brothers “Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War” Gold Edition includes a season pass, which expands your gameplay options.
Your PS4 is all hooked up and ready to go. Now you just need the perfect game to get you started. If you’ve owned a PlayStation before, you probably have a few favorites of your own, but it can’t hurt to take a look at what’s out there. You may even find that a game you tried in the past has improved so much in recent versions, you’ll want to try it again.
With so many PS4 games available, though, you’ll first need to narrow down the type of game you want to play. There are role-playing games, abbreviated RPG, which are among the most popular. RPGs kicked off with games like “Dungeons & Dragons” and continue today with popular options like “Final Fantasy.”
The vast majority of games will fall under the action header, which includes the many shooter games you find when you’re looking around. This genre also includes fighting and combat games like “Street Fighter” and “Double Dragon,” as well as stealth games like “Assassin’s Creed Origins.”
Another video game category that’s popular with many players is open-world games. “Assassin’s Creed Origins” falls into this category, as does “Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.” With an open-world game, you’re free to move around a virtual environment, choosing how you reach particular goals. These games have become increasingly popular as gamers seek to feel as though they’re part of an adventure, rather than just competing to win.
There are plenty of factors beyond gameplay, including the visuals on the screen in front of you. You’ll want to spend time in a world that’s immersive, rather than one that takes away from the experience. If you have a 4K TV, you’ll find your options are narrowed considerably since not all PS4 games are built to render at that resolution. Some games also have technical glitches that slow down response time, a flaw that can be extremely frustrating if you’re just trying to enjoy some game time.