imarku Chef Knife
Last updated date: November 6, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Vegetable Knives and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Vegetable Knife you should buy.
Update as December 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Vegetable Knife for a detailed review of all the top vegetable knives.
In our analysis of 50 expert reviews, the imarku Chef Knife placed 6th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
chef knife Imarku Professional 8 Inch Chef's Knife for all of your seasons The Imarku 8-inch gyutou knife is designed for professionals who include chefs,culinary experts, food caterers as well as an ordinary person.It is a multipurpose knife that is ideal for various tasks which include cutting, chopping, dicing and slicing vegetables, fruits, fish, meat and other products. It is also ideal for removing flesh from bones as well as pounding /smashing garlic. The knife is crafted using German engineering and features a toughened stainless steel blade that measures 8-inches. This 2.3 mm thick blade consists of approximately 0.6%-0.75% carbon for added strength and durability. The length of the handle is 5 inches giving the knife an overall length of 13 inches. To ensure the knife is resistant against rust/corrosion and won't rust, the steel blade also consists of 16-18% chrome material. Well- built Durable Ergonomic Versatile Well- built and Comfortable: The combination of German technology and quality materials lead to a high-quality and reliable knife for varied uses. This is further boosted by the Pakka handle which is very comfortable and doesn't slip easily. Strong and Durable: The German-made knife is strong and can be used in tough tasks. It will also maintain its toughness and functionality for a long time. User-friendly and Ergonomic: The weight and size of the knife feels quite balanced and a user won't feel bogged down because of its weight. It also has good ergonomics that minimize the possibility of experiencing aches and cramps on the finger especially after long use. Versatile and Classy: Being a multi-functional knife, the Imarku 8-inch chef's knife is suitable for most cutting applications in the kitchen. It is also quite classy thanks to its design and chrome-finish. care IMARKU CARE for YOU * - It is not suitable for slicing through frozen foods as this may make the blade lose its sharpness. *-The knife isn't designed for use in a hot flame because this may make the protective finish to wear away and give the blade a permanent dull finish. * - The chrome-finish doesn't rust or tarnish easily and requires minimal maintenance. Also, cleaning the knife is as simple as washing with clean water and mild soap. * - Do not use your hand to test the hardness of the blade * - Hand washing is recommended yet safe for dishwasher. Chef Knife, 10-inch Kitchen Knife Fishtail Chef Knife, 8-inch Kitchen Knife 7" Cleaver, Chinese Butcher Knife Santoku Kitchen Chef Knife 7"Nakiri chef kitchen knife Bread knife,10-Inch Serrated Bread Cake Slicer Knife Blade Length 10 inch 8 inch 7 inch 7 inch 7 inch 10 inch Total Length 15 inches 13 inches 12 inches 12 inches 12 inches 15 inches Blade Material Type 4116 steel 4116 steel 7cr17mov 7cr17mov 7cr17mov 4116 steel Handle Material Type Pakkawood Synthetic wood Pakkawood Pakkawood Pakkawood Pakkawood Rockwell Hardness 56±2 56±2 57±1 57±1 57±1 56±2 imarku About imarku Imarku is a professional kitchen knife brand on the block manufacturing all kinds of knives and kitchen tools.We place an emphasis on quality craftsmanship, aesthetics and detail. Imarku fastidiously crafted kitchen knives have been proudly produced for excellent performance,taking over 45 days from start to finish.The high-quality kitchen knives series are manufactured from high-carbon 7cr17mov stainless steel ,German steel with stunning beautiful yet comfortable pakkawood handle.All crafted kitchen knives are designed for professionals who include chefs, culinary experts, food caterers as well as an ordinary person,our aim is to enhance the experience of your culinary creation and have them becomes your best kitchen companion.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Julie Chernoff is a long-time member of Les Dames d’Escoffier (past president of the Chicago Chapter, and current co-chair of the LDEI Legacy Awards Committee), the Association of Food Journalists (AFJ) and the International Association of Culinary Professionals.
Chernoff is the dining editor of Better, a lifestyle website and print magazine. Her journalism started in the test kitchens of Weight Watchers Magazine. She holds a BA in English from Yale University and is a graduate of the California Culinary Academy. She has spent the last few decades styling, photographing, teaching, developing recipes, editing, thinking and writing about food.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Vegetable Knives
Chopping vegetables is one of the most basic culinary skills every home cook and professional chef needs to know. It doesn’t matter if you’re working in a restaurant or cutting up carrot sticks for your kids, a good vegetable knife can make all the difference. Have you ever chopped an onion and had all of the slices stick directly to the knife after chopping? Or have you chopped a watery vegetable like cucumbers and felt the knife slip while slicing? With a high-quality vegetable knife, you can chop any kind of vegetable with ease, all while having exact control of the blade.
“Each different type of knife was designed to perform certain functions,” says our resident culinary expert Julie Chernoff, dining editor for Better magazine and long-time member of Les Dames d’Escoffier. “What knives you need in your kitchen wholly depends on your style of cooking, what you make regularly, and what level of experience you have.”
Many vegetable knives, such as the santoku or nakiri style knives, have a straight edge. These differ from traditional chef’s knives, which are found in almost every kitchen. A chef’s knife, which can also be used to chop vegetables, has a rocking curvature style blade. This means that when making cuts, the chef does not need to lift the knife fully off the cutting board. They can simply rock the blade back and forth while keeping it on the board. On the other hand, the straight edge of many vegetable knives means that it’s easier to make slices when the knife is lifted off the board for each cut.
“The blade is rectangular and flat, which helps you make super-thin, consistent slices, and is particularly suited for julienning veggies and herbs,” says Chernoff. “Given its straight edge, the vegetable knife is not meant to replace the rocking motion of the chef’s knife. You can chop fluidly with the vegetable knife without rocking. It’s known for making clean cuts, and won’t damage or smoosh the veggies.”
A good vegetable knife has a very fine edge, and the blade is wide all the way to the tip. This rectangular blade shape, unlike a traditional pointed blade shape, enables cooks to make extremely precise and straight cuts, slices and fine chops. The blade can also be used for mincing vegetables and herbs. For home cooks and chefs who want uniform cuts and perfect slices, a straight-edge style vegetable knife provides a clean and even presentation. A wide blade can also be used to scoop up the vegetables once cut and transfer them to a pan from the chopping board.
The traditional size for a vegetable knife is seven inches, though smaller knives at six inches are also available. The size of the knife determines what kind of vegetables it can cut, in addition to how much control the chef has over the blade. Often, vegetable knife blades have a hammered finish. This roughness reduces the amount of food that gets stuck to the knife after chopping.
The Vegetable Knife Buying Guide
- When selecting which vegetable knife to buy, begin by looking at the blade. It’s important to know what kind of material the blade is made out of, how long it is and what its unique design features are. It’s important that the blade is designed specifically for slicing a wide variety of vegetables. The DALSTRONG Nakiri Vegetable Knife has a six-inch blade, made out of high-quality Japanese steel. The sharp edge is akin to a scalpel, making slicing easy. The blade has a Shogun Series X’s exquisite hammered tsuchime finish, which reduces the number of vegetables that stick to the blade. The MAD SHARK Santoku Knife is seven inches of high-carbon German steel. The blade features oval-shaped hallow divots, which minimize the suction of stuck-on food. It also enables chefs to slice faster and cleaner as compared to other knives. The TradaFor Vegetable Knife is a seven-inch knife made out of German high-carbon steel. It is a straight edge with a single bevel, so it’s sharp enough to cut through delicate vegetables without any tearing or damage. The Mercer Culinary Produce Knife is six inches long, and made out of high-quality Japanese steel.
- When you’re working with such a sharp blade, it’s important to have exact control and maneuverability. This way, you can avoid slicing your fingers and knuckles. That’s why it’s important to review what kind of handle the knife has. Look for handles that offer comfort, but with a strong grip. You don’t want to have the knife slip away from you while slicing. The DALSTRONG Nakiri Vegetable Knife’s handle is made out of military-grade material, so it has life-long durability. The handle is ergonomic and shaped to allow superior control and agility. The MAD SHARK Santoku Knife has a handle that is secured by the triple-rivet design. The ergonomic shape enables ease of movement. The TradaFor Vegetable Knife is made for right-hand use. The handle is easy to hold and maneuver. The Mercer Culinary Produce Knife’s handle is made out of a combination of santoprene and polypropylene. This ensures that it’s both comfortable and durable.
- Whether you’re a home cook or a professional chef, affordability may be a determining purchasing factor. If you’re just dabbling in the kitchen, you may not want to spend too much on a vegetable knife. However, if you’re a pro who is improving their knife skills, then a professional-grade vegetable knife might be right for you. In terms of affordability, the Mercer Culinary Produce Knife is on the lower end of the price spectrum. The TradaFor Vegetable Knife and the MAD SHARK Santoku Knife are both mid-level. On the other hand, the DALSTRONG Nakiri Vegetable Knife is on the high end in terms of price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide