IKICH Portable LED Display Ice Maker
Last updated date: October 23, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ice Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ice Maker you should buy.
Editor's Note October 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Ice Makers for a detailed review of all the top ice makers.
With this ice maker, you'll want to go ahead and plan your next party. The unit runs quietly, so it won't disturb the fun. It's also extremely portable and can be set up anywhere indoors or outdoors, as long as there's an outlet nearby. The included display screen also lets you know when it's time to add more water.
In our analysis of 41 expert reviews, the IKICH IKICH Portable LED Display Ice Maker placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
MAKE YOU GET ICE QUICKLY IN 6 MINUTES: IKICH quick ice maker machine works fast, just 6 minutes to get 9pcs of chewable, delicious, bullet-shaped ice-cubes per cycle and up to 26 lbs./12 kg of ice in 24 hrs. with its 2-liter/68 oz. water reservoir. As the machine needs time to preheat like freezer, the effect of first or second time will be slightly less effective, it will be normal after a few more uses. Note: For normal use, please must let machine stand upright for 4 hours before first use. QUIET & ENERGY EFFICIENT ICE MACHINE: IKICH countertop ice maker machine achieves low noise level, fast cooling effect and low consumption with powerful compressor, high quality copper aluminum fin condenser and 21g R600a refrigerant. It runs at less than 45dB which means your entertainment will not be disturbed. Measures just 8. 7 x 12. 3 x 12. 6 inches. Small enough to fit on most countertop and easy to store when not in use. Say “Goodbye" to noisy and bulky ice machines. INTELLIGENT ICE MAKER WITH SMART INDICTOR: With simple control panel, just add water, plug it in, press the power button, select the ice size and forget it. The indicator lights up when the ice is full or you need more water. No plumbing required, easy to fill and clean. With a outlet and drain plug at the bottom, easy to empty the unused water. Don't need any complex installation. LARGE OR SMALL ICE SELECTABLE WITH BASKET & ICE SCOOP: 2 ice sizes optional. Popular bullet-shaped ice, not easy to melt and stick together, great for cooling drinks or small water bottle openings, food and for first aid. Large translucent window for easy observation. BONUS-removable ice basket and ice scoop, convenient for you to transfer ice cubes to your drink or ice bucket. This ice maker can go anywhere which doesn’t need a water hookup. 2-YEAR FOR IKICH ICE MAKER: IKICH offers 2-year and 45-day return policy for this safe and portable ice maker machine. Made of food-grade material, just for your health and safety, no odor. Durable ABS shell, smooth and easy to clean. It takes up less space at home or in the office, barbeques, outdoor parties, or basement bars. If you have any problem, please feel free to contact with us. Our technical advice and customer service are provided throughout life. Efficient & Reliable Shipping Methods - Fulfillment by Amazon: Compared with other FBM Sellers (Fulfillment by Merchant), we adopt an more efficient and reassuring way -- FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon). In this way, you could enjoy more fast delivery and 7*24-hour Amazon customer service. No matter day or night, if you have any questions, you can directly contact Amazon's customer service to solve them.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ice Makers
The days of filling ice cube trays with water and waiting for them to freeze are long gone, thanks to built-in ice makers. But not everyone has a state-of-the-art freezer. Even if you have one at home, you may buy an RV or own a rental cabin that lacks ice-making capabilities.
For those situations, a portable ice maker is all you’ll need. Taking up minimal counter space, these appliances act as a handy addition to any modern kitchen. You’ll simply need to routinely add water to the reservoir, then wait for the container to begin to fill with ice. Although many ice makers require a full day to fill the container completely, many begin providing ice in less than 15 minutes.
But in recent years, ice makers have become popular even with those who have the capacity built into their freezers. Some dispense cylindrical ice, similar to what you get from a hotel ice machine. However, others offer that small, bullet-shaped ice similar to what you get at fast-food chains like Sonic. If you’re shopping for ice makers for that reason, pay close attention to the type of ice each one produces to make sure you’re getting what you want.
The Ice Maker Buying Guide
- One thing to consider before buying a portable ice maker is that you’ll have to manually refill the reservoir on a daily basis to keep the ice going. Some ice makers can use melted ice cubes to make new ice, but once you’re out of water, new ice will no longer be produced.
- It’s also important to consider the water capacity of the water reservoir. The smaller the reservoir, the more often you’ll have to fill it to keep the ice flow going.
- If you’re concerned about your carbon footprint, look for an ice maker with eco-friendly options. Some can pull any melted cubes into the water reservoir to make fresh cubes. Still others draw less power, saving on electricity.
- Noise is a consideration, particularly if you spend time near your kitchen. If this is a concern, look for an ice maker that boasts quiet operation.
- Ice size is an important factor in the ice maker you buy. Some units come with multiple ice size options, letting you switch back and forth between larger and smaller cubes.
- If you plan to only use your ice maker occasionally, note how long it will take to produce the first few cubes of ice from the time you insert water. Many start providing ice in less than 10 minutes, which can come in handy if you’re just occasionally firing up your machine.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide