IKICH Ice Cube Trays with Locking Lids, 14-Cube
Last updated date: February 16, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ice Cube Trays and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ice Cube Tray you should buy.
In our analysis of 73 expert reviews, the Ikich IKICH Ice Cube Trays with Locking Lids, 14-Cube placed 8th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Ice Cube Tray for a detailed review of all the top ice cube trays.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Food-grade material: Material are certified by FDA-approved, LFGB and BPA-free, The food is healthy to directly contact with the Ice cube trays. Made of food-grade PP, TPE and silicone, IKICH ice trays are nontoxic, odorless, food-grade, sanitary and quality-assured trays, please rest assured to use the ice cube trays to make DIY cold Drinks or Iced snacks. Each tray makes 14 nice-sized cubes for a total of 28. Great for home use, parties and bars chilled drinks, whiskey and cocktails etc. Good sealing with 4-sided locking lids: The removable lid with snap locks on all four sides, and silicone seal ring ensures excellent sealing performance, no need to worry about the ice cubes being contaminated by odors/The freezer smell/taste out of the ice cubes. Moreover, these easy-release trays stack easily and neatly in the freezer without sticking. Stackable & easy ice removal: IKICH 2 packs ice trays are stackable for saving space. The ice cubes can be easily taken out from the molds thanks to the soft TPE bottom and flexible PP edges. Just twist the tray gently and push the bottom lightly to take the ice cubes out. No need for awkward bending or twisting and no more ice cubes slithering across your counter or Floor! Easy to use & user-friendly design: just fill the trays with water, cover the lid on, and then slip the trays into the freezer. Max water level line added on the inner wall helps you to add water in proper volume to avoid the ice cubes joining together. A little notch between each separated cube allows you to fill the whole ice tray quickly and avoids overfilling. What you will get: 2-Pack ice cube molds can make 28 little nice-sized ice cubes in total. IKICH offers 18-month quality Assurance and 30-day reimburse service. Please feel free to Contact us if you meet any questions, we will solve your problems within 24 hours.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ice Cube Trays
Nobody wants a lukewarm glass of iced tea or lemonade on a hot summer day. Ice cubes do an excellent job of keeping these drinks nice and cool. Of course, depending on the type of ice cube tray you buy, you can also use this handy kitchen tool to make everything from popsicles for the kids to herb-infused cubes for the adults to add to their alcoholic beverages.
No matter what type of ice cube tray you decide on, you need to make sure it is free of toxins and that it doesn’t contain any BPA. You don’t want chemicals leeching into the ice you’re going to drink later on. It’s also ideal to check the product label for that FDA approved logo.
Determine whether you need smaller ice cubes that fit most cups, like the Kitch Easy Release Ice Cube Trays, 16-Cube, or larger ice cubes that melt much slower. You can even go with the Ticent Silicone Sphere & Square Ice Cube Trays, 6-Cube, which makes large cubes in both circular and box shapes.
Check whether the ice cube trays can be stacked or not. This is important if you need to make the most of your freezer space. Traditional models are built to be stacked on top of each other, but there’s also the option of going with a tray that has a lid. The Vremi Large Silicone Ice Cube Tray, 8-Cube has a unique lid that also doubles as a tray, which is nice if you need to serve cocktails to your house guests.
Finally, make sure the ice cube tray is built to easily release the ice cubes. You don’t want to have to fight with the tray to get the ice cubes out. The OXO No-Spill Ice Cube Tray with Silicone Lid, 14-Cube releases its ice cubes when the user holds on to the sides and gives the tray a twist, but other models allow you to flip the tray over and simply push on the bottom to pop the cubes out.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know Jin Songhao from China holds the World Record for the longest bath in a tub full of ice cubes? He lasted an astounding 115 minutes! Here are a few more fun facts you may not know about ice cubes:
- Back in 1933, an ice cube tray cost just 50 cents.
- Before the invention of the ice cube tray, people had to chip away at large blocks of ice to get a little ice to add to their beverages.
- Rubber ice cube trays were invented after Lloyd Groff Copeman noticed that the icy slush he was walking through just slid off his rubber boots instead of sticking to them.
The Ice Cube Tray Buying Guide
- It’s important to note that stacked trays can freeze together.
- Don’t overfill the ice cube trays or the ice will be hard to remove after it sets.
- Always check the product label for cleaning instructions. Most ice cube trays can be cleaned in a dishwasher; however, some will require hand washing.
- Ice cube trays are handy for much more than just freezing water. You can use them to make dishwasher detergent packets, sushi bites, peanut butter cups and even seed bombs. You can also reuse old ice cube trays as paint palettes or to store craft supplies.
- Ice cube trays vary in price based on construction materials and the size of the ice cubes. You’ll find the Kitch Easy Release Ice Cube Trays, 16-Cube uses a traditional design and is the most affordable. You’ll pay a little more for the OXO No-Spill Ice Cube Tray with Silicone Lid, 14-Cube, as it also comes with a lid. The Vremi Large Silicone Ice Cube Tray, 8-Cube and the Ticent Silicone Sphere & Square Ice Cube Trays, 6-Cube are more expensive because they make large cubes.