IBayam Sewing & Retractable Tape Measuring Kit, 2-Piece
Last updated date: October 12, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Measurement Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Measurement Kit you should buy.
Update as November 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Measurement Kits for a detailed review of all the top measurement kits.
The markings on these tape measures are large and easy to read. The pink sewing tape measure is soft and flexible while the black retractable tape measure is sturdy with contrasting print. Both are lightweight and portable.
In our analysis, the IBayam IBayam Sewing & Retractable Tape Measuring Kit, 2-Piece placed 3rd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
2 Pack Soft Fashion Pink & Retractable Black Measuring Tape Set. Double-sided, 60-inch / 150 cm, portable, durable tape measure. Small and light pocket-size measuring tape. Easy to Read and Accurate Measurements. The tape measure has accurate, large and clear markings in both inches and centimeters, easy and convenient to read. Wide Application on Home Office School Supplies: Cloth tape measure; body tape measure, sewing tape measure, measuring tape for body, waist tape measure, tailor tape measure. Great measuring tape for body, sewing, tailoring, weight loss, ordering clothes online, waist measurement or measuring any curved surface. NOTE: The black tape measure is retractable. There is a retract button in the center, just press on the button when pulling the tape out or retracting the tape back into it, or there will be loud noise. Package includes one soft fashion pink tape measure and one retractable black tape measure. Perfect multipurpose measuring tape for body fabric sewing tailor cloth knitting craft measurements. Great gift idea for family friends coworkers seamstress. (Retractable Black Measuring Tape, Size 2 x 2 x 0.5 inches, weight 0.7oz, portable and easy to carry or put into your bag.)
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Measurement Kits
Have you heard the saying “measure twice, cut once?” While it’s most pertinent to carpentry, this is a best practice for basically any job that requires using a device to determine the size, amount or weight of something. If you don’t measure properly, you can end up messing up your project. That’s why it’s vital to have a measurement kit handy at all times.
You can buy many different measurement kits for a variety of purposes — and probably have several in your home already. One of the most common measuring kits people have at home includes a retractable tape measure and a sewing tape measure. Retractable tape measures are stiff and sturdy, so they are ideal for measuring large distances such as the length of a wall or the height of a door. Sewing tape measures are soft and flexible to measure curved surfaces, such as waist size or the circumference of a round pillow.
A set of measuring cups for the kitchen is another common measuring kit everyone needs to have at home. Whether you’re baking a cake, making a salad dressing or mixing a fancy cocktail, having cups with exact measurements will help you get the job done right.
For those who make and sell jewelry, an accurate ring-sizing kit can be useful. After all, rings are not always adjustable by the wearers — it’s not like going up or down notches on a belt. A ring-sizing measuring tool can help users pick the size that fits best and assist jewelers with custom projects.
The Measurement Kit Buying Guide
- With so many different varieties of measuring kits available, it’s important to start by thinking about what you need it to do. Keep in mind that some measuring kits are more versatile than others, but you may not be able to get along without measuring tools for specific items. For example, a sewing tape can be used to measure many different things while a measuring cup is only useful for cooking tasks — but that cup measure is absolutely necessary if you bake.
- While measurements are generally shown in standardized units, it’s important to know that there are two main systems of measurement commonly used: metric and imperial. The metric system is used in countries all over the world and includes units that are interrelated. The main units of measure in the metric system is the meter for distance, the kilogram for mass and the liter for volume. The imperial system is primarily only used in the United States. Instead of everything linking to one base unit, the imperial system uses multiple, unrelated units such as inches and miles for distance or ounces and gallons for mass. Ensure that any measuring kit you buy has the system you need to use. On some measuring kits, one side will include the metric system while the other side will include the imperial system.
- Be sure to check that the markings on your measurement kits are clear, easy to read and won’t rub off over time. If you can’t read the markings, then the measurement kit will not be very useful. Look for large numerals that are marked in a contrasting color to the rest of the kit.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide