HyperX Black Translucent PBT Keycaps
Last updated date: September 15, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Keycaps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Keycap you should buy.
Update as September 15, 2021:
Checkout The Best Keycaps for a detailed review of all the top keycaps.
Create a cool effect and let more light shine through with these black keycaps. They are made from a durable double shot PBT material with thick walls. The keycaps are designed to be resistant to wear, friction and solvents.
In our analysis, the HyperX HyperX Black Translucent PBT Keycaps placed 1st when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Translucent design: The dual-layer design of these keycaps is designed to let more light through, making your keyboard’s RGB lighting even more stunning. Durable double shot PBT material: These PBT keycaps are made with thick walls and are resistant to wear, friction, and solvents. Signature HyperX font: Our bold, wide font allows for more light to shine through, enhancing the visibility and legibility of the individual keys. Stylish keycap removal tool included: Our keycap removal tool is specially-designed to precisely fit HyperX keycaps. Compatibility: The full key set is compatible with HyperX and most mechanical gaming keyboards. They complement the exposed LED design of HyperX mechanical key switches.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Keycaps
If you’re a gamer with a mechanical keyboard, you know one of the best ways to upgrade your keyboard is with a new set of keys. You can completely change the look and feel of your keyboard to enhance your gaming experience.
Most keyboards come with mass-produced keycaps that are dull and plain. If you’re spending hours each day at your keyboard, it’s much more exciting to have something lively and fun to look at. Not only do keycaps come in stunning colors with cool effects, you can also get them made from more durable materials so they won’t fade or break with heavy usage. With so many different types of keycaps available though, how do you choose the set that’s right for you?
One of the most important elements to consider when you’re buying new keycaps is the material they are made out of. The two most common options you will find are ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) and PBT (Polybutylene Terephthalate). ABS is the more affordable choice, and it’s typically also quieter when typing. The material has a shiny look that can wear over time. PBT is more costly and creates a satisfying sound when used. The look is more matte and textured than ABS. This material is also highly durable.
The Keycap Buying Guide
- Many people have a specific preference when it comes to the profile, or overall shape, of the keycap. Common varieties include flat and rounded keycaps. Some styles include different rows of keys having a particular height to create a concave or sloped shape on your keyboard.
- Uniform keycaps have a flat top, while sculpted keycaps have a slightly angled surface. The benefit to having a sculpted keycap is that your fingers don’t have to stretch as far when typing. Most people prefer sculpted keycaps, but some like the look of the uniform variety. Many gamers prefer a cherry profile for their keycaps. This is a sculpted variety that is efficient and comfortable to use.
- Before purchasing your keycap set, make sure that it is compatible with the size and layout of your keyboard. Some keycap sets are for tenkeyless layouts, so it’s important to check for a match before you get a new set. Keep in mind some keyboards have a differently sized Enter key on the right-hand side, so it’s best to make sure your keycaps will fit it properly.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide