Hygge Games …I should have known that! Trivia Games For Adults
Last updated date: May 17, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Games For Adults and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Game For Adults you should buy.
Update as July 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Games For Adults for a detailed review of all the top games for adults.
You can create teams or have people play this game individually. Instead of obscure facts, it asks everyday common questions. This game is ideal for people over 14.
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Hygge Games ...I should have known that! Adult Trivia Game placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
…I should have known that!TM is an addictively entertaining trivia game with over 400 questions about things that you should know
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Games For Adults
While children get to enjoy lots of different types of games, these days there are also many games specifically made for adults. A structured form of play, a game typically involves a competitive or teamwork element; in some games, you work against the other players to win, while in others you have to work together in order to defeat the game. Many games for adults are played using a board, while other games involve cards. The goal of most adult games is to accumulate the highest number of points in order to win.
There are many different reasons to play games that go far beyond just entertainment and having fun. One of the key advantages is that games help to increase your brain function. Essentially, playing games is like exercise for your mind, so it’s important to do it regularly to stay healthy. Through the rules and strategy of the game, you stimulate memory formation and thought process functions. Essential cognitive skills like problem-solving, communication and decision making are used when playing games, so they are a great way to stay sharp.
As an adult, there are many stressful events in our lives that can take over and cause us to feel down. Playing games is a way to decrease this amount of stress through laughter and companionship. Many games have surprising elements that often elicit a laugh. Plus, games of all kinds encourage creativity, which helps many adults think outside of their regular lives. For a few hours, it’s easy to forget about bills, work and other stresses of being an adult. In fact, games actually trigger a release of endorphins, which help people feel more compassionate, happy and cheerful while they are playing.
Most games require two or more people to play. This is a great way to build relationships and foster friendships. In many games, there is an element of teamwork, which is a good way to strengthen bonds with your friends. Even competitive games foster a sense of camaraderie because you are playing with each other. Games help to bring people together over a shared interest. Plus, they open the gateway for natural conversation to flow, where people can learn more about each other. While playing games, it’s easy to chat about other elements of your life, such as kids, work, family, interests and hobbies.
The Game For Adults Buying Guide
- If you’re looking for the perfect game for adults for game night, start by considering what everyone’s interests are. Many games for adults involve complex strategy and require you to think a few moves ahead. If the people you’re playing with love figuring out complex problems, then a strategy game may be a good choice. Other people prefer hilarious conversations and unique topics. Some adult games provide great punchlines that let laughter flow. If your friends and family prefer conversation-based games, then this is a good option.
- Consider whether your friends prefer competitive or teamwork games. If they love working against each other to show off their skills and get more points than one another, then a competitive game is a great choice. Some people prefer games where everyone has to work together to achieve a single goal. If this is more up your alley, go for a teamwork game.
- Most games require two to four players, while some can be played individually or with a larger group. Consider how many people you expect to play with most often, and get a game that accommodates those needs. Keep in mind that some games work better with a larger group, even though they can still be played with just two or three people. Conversely, some games are more fun with a tight-knit group of friends rather than a large crowd.
- The length of time you have to play is something that will affect the type of game you choose. You cannot fit a six-hour game into thirty minutes no matter how fast you play. If you typically have just an hour or two, then it’s best to stay away from complex strategy games which can take several hours. In this case, opt for a game with a short playing time.
- If you sometimes involve older children and teenagers in your game nights, consider whether the game is appropriate for their age. While many games are based on themes and topics that are friendly for all ages, some games have sensitive or adult topics that may not be suitable for children.
- For some shoppers, complexity is a buying factor. How difficult is the game to learn and how long will it take you to figure out the rules? If you don’t mind spending an hour or two looking through the rule book, then you’ll be happy with almost any type of game. If you’re not interested in wasting time learning complex rules, stay away from long strategy games or games with multiple components.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide