HYCOPROT 5-Pocket Reflective Standard-Approved Mesh Safety Vest, 1-Pack
Last updated date: January 6, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Safety Vests and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Safety Vest you should buy.
Update as December 31, 2021:
Checkout The Best Safety Vest for a detailed review of all the top safety vests.
With zipper closure and 100% polyester fabric, this reflective mesh vest with 360-degree protection is both lightweight and long-lasting. You’ll get five pockets, including a transparent ID badge holder and a pouch for your flashlight.
In our analysis, the HYCOPROT HYCOPROT 5-Pocket Reflective Standard-Approved Mesh Safety Vest, 1-Pack placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Zipper closure. Materials: High Visibility Reflective Safety Mesh Vest is unisex. Made of Knitted Fabric, 100% polyester fabric & Reflective Material, has features of breathable, lightweight and durable. You can wash it by washing machine. High Visibility: Yellow and Orange. Highlight Reflective Strips. It makes you safe when you are cycling, walking and sports outdoor at night. Reflective strips have spread of the waist, chest, shoulders and back. Safety vest provides 360°protection while you are working under daylight or low light conditions. Multi-function Pockets: High visibility safety vests designed with 5 front pockets with zipper magic poster clamshell closure, 2 large pockets, 1 PVC transparent ID badge holder, 1 flap pocket and 1 pouch holder for flashlight, laser pointer. Application: Perfect for Construction, Baggage Handling, Security, Traffic Control, Survey, Landscaping, Paving, Railroad, Sanitation, Volunteers, Personal Sports, Pet walking, for Night Running, Jogging, Cycling, Hiking, Walking, Biking, Motorcycle and Dog Walking. Note: Please Check the Size Table Carefully and Choose Fit Size. Full compliance with ANSI/ISEA 107 Class 2 standards. Risk-Free! Any Imperfection are guarantee for Full Refund or Exchanged. ADD TO CART NOW.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Safety Vests
You might be in the market for a safety vest for any number of reasons. In some settings, safety vests are mandated. If one isn’t provided to you, you may have a list of specifications to follow while you’re shopping. Some employers require a particular color or only vests that meet certain safety standards.
But you don’t need an employer mandate to benefit from the visibility a safety vest provides. If you find yourself working in conditions that are unsafe, you can always purchase your own safety vest. You might also choose to wear a vest for your daily run or bicycle ride. Motorcyclists sometimes wear safety vests to make themselves more visible on the road.
The most important feature of a safety vest is its reflectiveness. Generally, safety vests are made from polyester or a polyester cotton blend and come in bright fluorescent colors like day-glo orange or yellow. But they’ll typically also have reflective strips that capture the light from passing cars or the streetlights above. These vests don’t just boost visibility at night, though. The reflective strips and bright colors can help passing motorists spot you even in broad daylight, whether the day is cloudy or sunny.
Look for a certification issued by the American National Standards Institute. ANSI certification ensures a vest meets at least the minimum standard of being resistant to water and flames and has reflective features in the required areas. But even if you’re shopping for a vest for personal use, ANSI certification can give you an additional boost of confidence.
For the workplace, you’ll likely need to look for a vest that meets ANSI/ISEA 107-2010 Class 2/Level 2 standards. Class 1 vests are best for daylight settings, as they have very little reflective material. Class 3 safety clothing is designed for very poor visibility settings and high-traffic areas and generally has long sleeves.
Lastly, there’s the issue of sizing. Some manufacturers promise that one size fits all, but a vest that works well for a large-framed man will not provide the same fit on a youth or a small-framed person. Check the measurements and look for a vest that has multiple size options.
The Safety Vest Buying Guide
- You can wear a safety vest over your jacket or coat in the winter, but you might consider a long-sleeved safety jacket instead for maximum protection that will also keep you warm and dry.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and ANSI define three classes of safety vests. The one that’s best for you will likely depend on the level of safety you need. Classes 1 and 2 may both be sleeveless, but Class 2 has more reflective material, providing extra visibility from every direction. If you’re dealing with traffic of 25 mph or more, Class 2 vests or jackets are recommended. Class 3 clothing, such as jackets, have the most reflective coverage area of all the safety vests, including strips on the sleeves (and at the ankles, for pants). Class 3 vests are recommended when you’re dealing with traffic going 50 mph or faster and low-visibility conditions.
- How the vest fastens is important if you’ll be donning your vest in a hurry. This can be a matter of personal preference, but typically safety vests will close with Velcro or a single zipper. Chances are, you won’t want to deal with buttons or multiple fasteners if you need to be able to put it on quickly.
- If you need a vest to offer some extra security for your children while they’re walking or riding bicycles, safety vests are available in children’s sizes.
- If you don’t always wear your vest all day, you might need to fold it and keep it in your glove compartment or the pocket of your lunchbox. If so, look for a vest that’s more lightweight and made of a polyester material that won’t wrinkle.
- Machine washability is essential for most workers. Polyester is machine-washable on its own, but you’ll need to pay attention to the care instructions to make sure the reflective material can hold up in the machine. To play it safe, hang the vest to dry.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide