HXSWY Rustic Farmhouse Coat Rack, Set Of 2
Last updated date: August 18, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mounted Coat Racks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mounted Coat Rack you should buy.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the HXSWY HXSWY Rustic Farmhouse Coat Rack, Set Of 2 placed 11th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 24, 2020:
Checkout The Best Mounted Coat Rack for a detailed review of all the top mounted coat racks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
🌲BEAUTIFUL 3D WOOD GRAIN COAT RACK Stereoscopic wood grain, nice rustic look, mixing with classic/rustic and funky. Coordinates perfectly with your décor, you will receive tons of compliments on it! 🌲HIGH QUALITY STURDY COAT RACK Handpicked solid wood materials, steel coat hooks and hardware, well made and 100% product inspection. Sturdy enough for hanging multiple heavy backpacks and winter coats! PACKAGE: 24 inch rustic coat rack with shelf × 1 24 inch rustic coat rack × 1 steel screw × 4 anchor × 6 instructions × 1 level × 1 MOUNT TIPS: Use pencil to etch in the hanging holes on paper, place paper against wall, and using the pencil mark where you are going to drill your 2 holes, then drill holes into wall. KEY WORDS：rustic coat rack wall mounted, coat rack for wall, wooden wall rack, wall mounted coat rack, farmhouse coat rack for wall wood coat rack wall mounted, wooden wall rack, wooden wall racks, entryway coat rack, rustic coat hooks wall mounted wall coat rack, rustic coat rack wall mounted, rustic wall coat hook, farmhouse coat hook wall mounted, sturdy coat hook rustic wall coat hooks, wall hooks for coats, rustic coat hooks, rustic coat racks wall mounted, rustic coat rack with hooks coat rack hooks, coat rack wall, wall coat racks with hooks, coat rack wood, coat hook rack wall mounted, coat hook rack DISCLAIMER: We made it by hand. Each coat rack is unique, it comes slightly different in color, grain, texture.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mounted Coat Racks
There’s no place like home. But as soon as you walk through the door, you likely start shedding items, including your keys, your coat, your umbrella and your laptop bag. Having something handy inside your entryway to tackle this load can help you keep things tidy without sacrificing convenience.
For years, consumers have relied on coat racks to take on this task. They once were standalone items, taking up substantial space. But today’s consumer knows there are options that keep space open while also handily storing those items. With a coat rack that mounts to your wall, you can save space while also providing a useful way to store what you take with you when you leave the house.
There are some things to consider as you search for a mounted coat rack, though. Some are slimmer than others, taking up even less wall space than you’d expect. However, you often sacrifice the extra storage space you get with a unit that has a shelf on top, so consider that while you’re shopping.
That shelf on top is perfect for storing picture frames and decorations. But you can also make it more useful by setting a tray on top for storing items like keys. Some coat racks come with baskets for holding items like gloves and scarves, but you can also use them for quickly hiding items when unexpected company arrives at the front door.
Fortunately, there’s no shortage of options when it comes to color and style. You may prefer a lighter wood, or a darker, more rustic look may be a better fit for your home. Once you’ve narrowed that down, you can choose a design that works for what you need. By selecting color first, you can avoid getting your heart set on a specific coat rack, only to find that the color doesn’t work with your décor.
DWYM Fun Fact
Coat racks have a long history, with versions dating back centuries. During the Victorian era, coat racks could be made from cast iron, brass, marble or wood, among other materials. There were also dedicated umbrella stands, which featured a different setup than those designed specifically for coats. A close relative to coat racks was the clothes horse, which was a frame used to hang wet clothes outdoors for drying. Over the years, clothes horses evolved so that they could be used inside, both for drying clothes and for simply holding clothes for wearing again. Today, consumers are less likely to have a clothes horse in their homes, but chairs, treadmills and other large pieces of furniture are handy for hanging clothes for wearing later.
The Mounted Coat Rack Buying Guide
- You know your décor best. Take a serious look at the area of your home where it will be hung, whether it’s a mudroom, entryway, kitchen or another area. Choose one that fits with your existing décor for best results.
- Before you buy a wall-mounted coat rack, note what’s involved in installing it. Do you need special tools?
- Getting a coat rack level can be tricky. Make sure you have a bubble level on hand to be as precise as possible.
- Weight capacity is another important consideration. As your coat rack gradually gathers items like coats, purses and tote bags, the weight will put pressure on it. Pay attention to how much it will hold before you buy, particularly if you think you’ll be weighing it down.
- It’s also important to think about the bulk of the items you’ll be hanging on each hook. Coats can take up quite a bit of space. For those winter months, make sure you choose one with hooks spaced far enough apart that your items won’t be crowding each other.
- In addition to the space between hooks, the number of hooks is also a factor. If your rack only comes with four hooks, but you have a six-person household, you may find you simply don’t have enough space for everything.
- You should also consider how much weight each hook will hold. The overall weight capacity is important, but if you plan to put heavier items on one or two hooks, you may find they won’t hold.
- If you’re buying a coat rack with a top shelf, plan what you’ll put there in advance. You may want to order a matching photo frame or move one of your smaller houseplants to your coat rack once it’s hung.
- Coats aren’t the only items that can be hung on a coat rack. Believe it or not, you can also hang one in your kitchen for storing coffee mugs.