HULISEN Pastry Scraper, Blender, & Cutter Set, 3-Piece
Last updated date: December 5, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pastry Cutters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pastry Cutter you should buy.
In our analysis of 52 expert reviews, the HULISEN HULISEN Pastry Scraper, Blender, & Cutter Set, 3-Piece placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Pastry Cutter for a detailed review of all the top pastry cutters.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
HULISEN HULISEN pursuit of perfection, high-quality, development, produce a series of high-grade, high-taste products of daily life New design concept, vividly demonstrated, design strength, began to form a unique style and product development direction dough blender Premium Quality Stainless Steel Baking Dough Tools & Pastry Utensils With precise scale and stainless steel heavy duty blades, HULISEN baking tools set can make baking be more easier, faster and cleaner COOIKES Widely Application They are ideal for making pizza, pastries, doughnuts, ravioli, pasta, Biscuits, English muffins, cookies, scones, shortcake, fondant crumpets, tarts, frying eggs or making pancakes Three Essential Kitchen Tools in One Giftage Box dough blender Pastry Scraper biscuit Dough Blender With a rubber non-slip handle that is ergonomically designed for you making your bake easier, for right or left hand use Unique design cuts through butter, flour and shortening easily Four stainless steel blades, more efficient to mixing, without having to worry about hand and wrist fatigue Pastry Scraper Two kinds of measurement methods: centimeters and inches. More convenient measurement Scraper cuts through hard or sticky dough with ease You can used to cutting fruit, vegetable, chocolate and biscuit Biscuit Cutter Set They are all made of 18/8 Stainless Steel, FDA approve, NO rust, easy to clean & dishwasher safe Strong handle keeps your hands safe from injury. Not crimping design, do not store dirt Size range includes 1 3/5 to 3 1/8 inches, there must be one size ideal for you pastry cutter biscuit cutter mousse mold milk pitcher Cream Icing Piping Nozzle shoe mold 9 Pcs Pastry Cutter Set, Professional Baking Dough Tools, Gift Package Biscuit Cutter Set , Round Cookies Cutter with Handle 3 x 3 inch Mousse Mold with Pusher Milk Pitcher, Stainless Steel Espresso Pitcher 4Pcs Cream Icing Piping Nozzle Tip 3D High Heel Shoe Mold, Chocolate Shoe Mold
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pastry Cutters
Making delicious foods like pastries and cookies can be fun and rewarding, provided you have the proper tools. One of those tools is a pastry cutter, which you’ll need to use if you ever see a recipe that calls for “cutting” butter into the dough. This direction is designed to keep the butter from becoming incorporated into the dough itself.
You don’t need a pastry cutter to cut butter into dough, but it makes the task much easier. You can, instead, put dough on your fingers and quickly press the butter in, but if you aren’t careful, the butter will begin to melt, and the integrity of the recipe will be at risk. You can also use a food processor, but those are more expensive and involved than a pastry cutter, which is an affordable item you can keep in your kitchen cabinet for whenever you need it.
When you’re working with dough, your hands and wrists can suffer fatigue after a while. A rubberized handle can cut down on that, providing cushioning that will keep your hands comfortable for a typical cutting session. Some pastry cutters also come in multiple sizes, which comes in handy if you have large hands that make standard pastry cutters difficult to maneuver.
Many pastry cutters are sold in sets that include cookie or biscuit cutters. You may only need a pastry cutter, at which point this type of bundle won’t help you, but it’s worth considering if you think you might ever want to make cookies or biscuits. Some biscuit cutters are even available in multiple sizes to let you customize your baking experience.
The blade of your pastry cutter is also an important feature. You’ll see some pastry cutters that advertise a thin blade, while others promote the durability of their thicker blades. Thin, sharp blades can be very effective in cutting through hard, sticky dough, so they might be a more versatile option.
DWYM Fun Fact
Although the terms “cookie cutters” and “biscuit cutters” can be used interchangeably, cookie cutters typically come in more varieties. In addition to the round shapes used for cutting dough into biscuits, cookie cutters can be shaped like trees, snowmen and other festive items around the holidays. In addition to different shapes, cookie cutters can also have imprints that will print a specific emblem or shape onto the top of the cookie. The National Cookie Cutter Historical Museum in Joplin, Missouri displays cookie cutters throughout history, including some from Europe, where cookie cutting has been in practice for centuries.
The Pastry Cutter Buying Guide
- Although many pastry cutters emphasize how durable and heavy-duty they are, the truth is that most can withstand years of use without incident. However, a sturdier build can also make a pastry cutter easier to use, especially if the handle is thick and rubber-covered. That rubber will soften the contact between the cutter and your hand, making for a more comfortable cutting experience.
- One concern with pastry cutters is rust. Look for food-grade stainless steel construction.
- In addition to comfort, a rubberized handle can also prevent your hand from slipping while you’re cutting, which helps keep you safe. No matter what handle your pastry cutter of choice has, make sure slipping won’t be a problem.
- Pastry cutters can go well beyond cutting butter into dough. They can be used as mashers and blenders for making baby food, hard-boiled eggs, guacamole and much more.
- With the pastry cutters that include cookie cutters, consider the types of cookies you’ll make. Some sets include decorating stencils that will allow you to make festive cookies for the holidays or other occasions.
- Cleanup is another factor, especially considering how messy working with dough can be. Most pastry cutters are dishwasher safe, but for best results, wash them on the top rack.
- Since the blades of pastry cutters can be sharp, it’s important to keep safety in mind as you pick one, particularly if the youngest members of your family will be helping you out. Some pastry cutters have rolled-top edges for foolproof cutting, but you should always use caution when working around blades. Some biscuit cutters have dangerous seams, so look for one with a more seamless design if safety is a concern.
- Another safety concern relates more to chemicals leaching into the food you’re making. Food-grade stainless steel takes this into consideration, often ensuring there are no chemicals or toxins that can worry health-conscious households.