Hudson Baby Unisex Cotton Elephant Newborn Baby Towel
Last updated date: September 2, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Newborn Baby Towels and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Newborn Baby Towel you should buy.
This 100% woven terry cloth towel is soft and absorbent. It has an adorable animal detail on the hood. Plus, the material won’t cause any scratching or itching. In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Hudson Baby Hudson Baby Unisex Cotton Elephant Newborn Baby Towel placed 3rd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Newborn Baby Towels for a detailed review of all the top newborn baby towels.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Our product line delivers all your baby essential needs for your little one. We are driven to make premium baby clothes and accessories that are fashion forward in designs, made with high quality fabrics, and fun and colorful themes. We understand comfort and cuteness is most important for you and your baby.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Newborn Baby Towels
Many newborns don’t like bath time at first. A lot of it has to do with the sudden change in temperature. They are taken out of their warm, snuggly jammies into the cold air, and then dunked into a tepid bath. At the newborn stage, they’re not sure if they like splashing around in the water because everything seems new and scary. Using a newborn baby towel can help keep your little warm and dry before and after their bath, so this routine becomes more fun for everyone.
Newborns have incredibly sensitive skin, so regular adult towels can sometimes be a little too rough on them. Newborn baby towels are usually made of a softer material, which feels more comfortable on their delicate skin. Adult towels are often too big for newborns as well. Wrapping up a newborn in a regular bath towel can be cumbersome because of all of the extra material. Plus, you don’t want to overheat your baby with a thick adult towel. Newborn towels are much smaller, so they are the perfect size to swaddle your little one and keep them warm after their bath.
DWYM Fun Fact
If you want to make your newborn baby’s bath more enjoyable, raise the temperature in your home by cranking up the thermostat. This way, baby will feel nice and warm. Be sure to gather all of your supplies, like towels, clothes, creams, diapers and toys and lay them out so you’re ready to go. This way, your baby won’t have to feel cold while waiting to get dressed. Timing is important when it comes to baby baths. For many parents, the best time to bathe baby is in the evening, right before bedtime. The warm bath water helps babies relax and get drowsy for a good night’s sleep.
The Newborn Baby Towel Buying Guide
- Look for a soft material when it comes to newborn baby towels. Bamboo, cotton, microfiber, polyester or terry cloth are good options, as they will feel smooth and comfortable against your baby’s delicate skin.
- Make sure that the newborn baby towels have a high absorbency rate. This is how fast the towel can absorb the water on your baby’s skin. Babies feel cold when they come out of the bath because their skin is wet. If you can absorb all of the bathwater quickly, they will be able to warm up fast.
- Check for a towel that dries quickly after use. If it takes a long time, it may build up odors or bacteria. Cotton is known for drying quickly when wet.
- Most newborn baby towels have a small hood on one corner, which is the perfect size for drying your baby’s head and hair. Often, the hoods have cute patterns and embroidery. See whether you want the bath towels to match your nursery theme or décor.
- Are you looking for matching washcloths? Opt for a newborn bath towel set that comes with washcloths in the same pattern and colors as the towels.