HP OfficeJet 5740 All-In-One Wireless Printer With Mobile Printing
Last updated date: August 8, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top HP Officejet Printers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best HP Officejet Printer you should buy.
With all the bells and whistles, this printer can easily handle all your printing, copying, scanning and faxing needs. It has a built-in duplexer to make two-sided printing a breeze. The laser print quality is impressive, whether you're printing in color or black and white. In our analysis of 37 expert reviews, the HP HP OfficeJet All-In-One Wireless Printer With Mobile Printing placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 8, 2020:
Checkout The Best HP Officejet Printers for a detailed review of all the top hp officejet printers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Print on your terms: Print with just a touch from your NFC-printing-enabled smartphone and tablet. Start printing and organizing quickly with easy setup from your smartphone, tablet, or PC. Easily connect to your local network and the Internet—wirelessly or using the Ethernet port.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On HP Officejet Printers
HP has become well known for its electronics. It entered the industry as Hewlett-Packard in 1939, but its first computer didn’t hit the market until 1966. Although the company dominated the desktop and laptop market in the early years of the internet, though, competition has shifted its focus to printers, copiers and scanners in recent years.
Today, HP’s printers are used in both homes and offices, with equipment that can meet almost every need. As technology has evolved, HP has become known for its all-in-one printers, which allow you to copy, scan and fax in addition to printing. Instead of having four separate pieces of equipment, some of which you may not even use on a regular basis, you have everything you need in one device.
One of the best things about an HP printer, though, is that you can now print from anywhere. HP printers connect to a smart app that lets you check the printer’s status and even print when you’re away. Today’s HP printers also allow you to print from any mobile device hooked up to your Wi-Fi network. This comes in handy when you have guests who need to print something.
DWYM Fun Fact
When David Packard moved to California in 1938, he and his wife decided to rent a place with his college friend Bill Hewlett. Hewlett stayed in the backyard shed, while Packard and his wife lived in the rental. The owner of the property gave Hewlett and Packard permission to use an 18’ x 12’ garage on the property as a workshop, and that garage later became an official California Historical Landmark. It now bears a plaque that reads “Birthplace of Silicon Valley.”
In that garage, Packard and Hewlett gave birth to what’s now known as HP Inc. Their first product was a resistance-tuned audio oscillator and sold it for a lower price than others on the market. The competitive pricing paid off and soon the Walt Disney Company, which was working on the movie “Fantasia,” ordered eight units.
The HP Officejet Printer Buying Guide
- Look at the dimensions of the printer you’re considering. Many are more compact than previous generations of printers, so you should be able to find one that has all the features in a space-saving design.
- You don’t need a phone line to fax using an HP printer. As long as it’s hooked up to a wireless network, you can send documents by using the fax feature on the device and inputting the phone number on the receiving end.
- One handy feature built into today’s HP printers is an ink delivery program. You can even find coupons with some HP printers that will let you save by signing up for it. Ink is automatically shipped to your door when your printer determines you need more.
- It’s important to pay close attention to the cost of the cartridges before buying the printer. Many HP printers work with the high-output cartridges HP sells. If you print often, this can be a way to save money, but if you print infrequently, you may find that a regular cartridge is best as the ink won’t dry out over the months it takes you to use it.
- A refurbished HP printer can help you save money. Look closely at how the seller certifies that the product is in good working condition. Often, it’s merely that there are cosmetic defects, with the mechanics not affected at all.