HP OfficeJet 3830 All-In-One Instant Ink Wireless Printer
Last updated date: July 20, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top HP Officejet Printers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best HP Officejet Printer you should buy.
Update as August 31, 2020:
Checkout The Best HP Officejet Printers for a detailed review of all the top hp officejet printers.
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the HP OfficeJet All-In-One Instant Ink Wireless Printer placed 7th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The power of your printer in the palm of your hand: The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your printer, scan from your smartphone, order toner, and print from the cloud—such as iCloud, Dropbox and Google Drive.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On HP Officejet Printers
HP has become well known for its electronics. It entered the industry as Hewlett-Packard in 1939, but its first computer didn’t hit the market until 1966. Although the company dominated the desktop and laptop market in the early years of the internet, competition has shifted its focus to printers, copiers and scanners in recent years.
Today, HP’s printers are used in both homes and offices, with equipment that can meet almost every need. As technology has evolved, HP has become known for its all-in-one printers, which allow you to copy, scan and fax in addition to printing. Instead of having four separate pieces of equipment, some of which you may not even use on a regular basis, you have everything you need in one device.
One of the best things about an HP printer, though, is that you can now print from anywhere. HP printers connect to a smart app that lets you check the printer’s status and even print when you’re away. Today’s HP printers also allow you to print from any mobile device hooked up to your Wi-Fi network. This comes in handy when you have guests who need to print something.
The HP Officejet Printer Buying Guide
- Look at the dimensions of the printer you’re considering. Many are more compact than previous generations of printers, so you should be able to find one that has all the features in a space-saving design.
- You don’t need a phone line to fax using an HP printer. As long as it’s hooked up to a wireless network, you can send documents by using the fax feature on the device and inputting the phone number on the receiving end.
- One handy feature built into today’s HP printers is an ink delivery program. You can even find coupons with some HP printers that will let you save by signing up for it. Ink is automatically shipped to your door when your printer determines you need more.
- It’s important to pay close attention to the cost of the cartridges before buying the printer. Many HP printers work with the high-output cartridges HP sells. If you print often, this can be a way to save money, but if you print infrequently, you may find that a regular cartridge is best as the ink won’t dry out over the months it takes you to use it.
- A refurbished HP printer can help you save money. Look closely at how the seller certifies that the product is in good working condition. Often, it’s merely that there are cosmetic defects, with the mechanics not affected at all.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide