Howard Leight Ambient Sound Amplification Ear Muffs
Last updated date: September 7, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ear Muffs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ear Muffs you should buy.
Update as September 7, 2021:
Checkout The Best Ear Muffs for a detailed review of all the top ear muffs.
While this ear muff is designed for shooting, it can also be used anytime you want to reduce noise and protect your hearing. The headband is adjustable and the ear muff folds up to make it travel friendly. Users will appreciate that the unit automatically shuts off amplification when the decibels reach an unsafe level.
In our analysis of 70 expert reviews, the Howard Leight Ambient Sound Amplification Ear Muffs placed 3rd when we looked at the top 19 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Directionally placed stereo microphones amplify range commands and environmental sounds to a safe 82 dB. Amplification shuts off at 82 dB, and patented Air Flow Control technology provides optimal noise reduction across all frequencies. Ultraslim earcup with cutout allows for full clearance of stock. Padded, telescoping headband adjusts for a comfortable, non-slip fit. Convenient folding design for easy storage on the range or in the field. Connect to external MP3 player, scanner or other audio device. Snap-in ear cushions make replacement easy and extend performance of earmuff. Features auto shut-off after 4 hours and snap-on lid for easy replacement (includes 2 AAA batteries).
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ear Muffs
Once the refreshing fall temperatures begin to drop, you need to start dawning more outerwear to stay warm. One part of your body that is especially susceptible to the cold is your ears. On a blustery cold day, your ears can turn red in just a minute or two. To protect these precious instruments of hearing, you’ll want to wear a pair of earmuffs.
With several different types of earmuffs on the market, it’s important to compare and contrast each one. After you have an idea of what each pair offers, you’ll be able to decide which set is right for you.
First, you’ll want to examine the design of the earmuffs. Some earmuffs are made to simply cover your ears. They are best if you want to wear earbuds underneath, headgear over top or you simply don’t want to mess up your hairstyle. Then there are the earmuffs that resemble headbands, which are more likely to stay in place for longer periods of time or during more rigorous play, such as a snowball fight.
Next, check to see if the earmuffs are adjustable or available in different sizes. A model with an adjustable retractable frame provides a perfect fit no matter what your head size.
Since the whole purpose of earmuffs is to keep your ears warm and toasty while enjoying the outdoors during the cold winter months, you’ll need to make sure they are properly insulated.
Just as important as having enough insulation is the earmuffs’ ability to keep moisture and wind at bay. Check the lining along the earmuffs and confirm that the seams are properly sealed.
The Ear Muffs Buying Guide
- Always check the product label to determine how to clean your earmuffs. Some materials require hand-washing and air-drying only, while others have removable muffs that can be tossed right in the washing machine with your other clothes.
- Some earmuffs are even designed to be more stylish. This type of earmuffs features an attractive knit design on the outside that comes in a variety of colors and a soft plush inside that feels good against your skin. You can purchase a set to match each of your outfits or stick with a neutral color that you can wear with almost anything.
- While the most common reason for wearing earmuffs is to protect your ears from the cold, there are actually quite a few other uses for this handy invention. Earmuffs muffle loud noises to protect your hearing, allow you to sleep uninterrupted, keep your ears safe when using outdoor lawn equipment and protect your hearing during target practice.
- One of the things you’ll want to consider when shopping for earmuffs is price. No matter what, though, you’re sure to find a pair to fit your budget.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide