Houseables Craft Foam Sheets, 10-Pack
Last updated date: August 31, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Craft Foam Sheets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Craft Foam Sheet you should buy.
Update as August 31, 2021:
Checkout The Best Craft Foam Sheet for a detailed review of all the top craft foam sheets.
This pack of craft foam sheets is perfect for when a crafter needs more of some of the most-used colors. Plus, they're triple the thickness of the average sets of craft foam sheets.
In our analysis, the Houseables Houseables Craft Foam Sheets, 10-Pack placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Provide Kids with A Creative Outlet Today, children are absorbed in their phones, iPads, computers, and are hooked on playing games and watching television. To develop a fully rounded mind, children need productive stimulation in order to exercise their creativity and problem-solving skills. Our foam sheets are just the thing to engage kids in a fun and creative project that they will actually enjoy. Build, create, and devise new toys, crafts, and art that they can be proud of. Creative outlets are key to a child’s development of their own unique perspective.Kids Will Love Houseable’s Foam Sheets Children love building things they can use and play with thereafter. Our foam sheets are perfect for children of all ages as the soft, foamy material is safe, easy to use, and fun. Create silly masks, decorative signs for kid’s bedroom doors, or play swords, the options are only limited by the imagination. Excellent for classroom arts and crafts, school projects, and making art projects pop with a 3D effect.Create Your Own Cosplay Costume: Cosplay events are centered around designing, creating, and presenting one’s own take on a character’s costume. We’re making it easy for you to build your own cosplay costume with our pack of 10 foam sheets. Our sheets are receptive to cyanoacrylate superglue and high-temperature hot glue for a seamless costume creation. Foam sheets are easy to cut, shape, and build all types of designs, making these the ideal material to build your next costume.Build Items for Your Everyday Life Our foam sheets can be an inexpensive alternative to many products used throughout your life. For the gardener in your life, create knee pads by filling a knee slip with enough foam for comfort. Chaotic and disorganized toolbox? With our foam sheets, you can outline your tools and cut shapes to fit your tools into their own designated place. Our foam sheets can even be used to design and create your own personal phone case for protection and style.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Craft Foam Sheets
Foam sheets are popular for adding texture to a crafted item. They are made of ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer foam, or EVA, a durable plastic foam that is an alternative to materials such as rubber and vinyl often used because of its ability to remain strong at low temperatures and its resistance to UV rays and cracking.
Foam sheets are typically inexpensive when purchased in bulk. They’re great for use in costumes and theatrical sets because they are somewhat water-resistant and durable at various temperatures. Good craft foam sheets can be spray-painted without showing cracks in the paint. They also hold to stickiness well.
When buying craft foam sheets, consider the type of materials you will use for the rest of the project. Determine whether a simple sheet will work best or perhaps a fancier piece such as one with glitter will work better for your project.
Crafters use foam sheets with rubber stamps because they can hold impressions; the raised part of the stamp sinks into the foam well. They are also popular for creating embellishments and giving dimension to a craft.
Foam sheets have endless uses because they can be easily cut and pierced, such as in sewing crafts. They can often be bought with adhesive or magnetic backing, and some can even be wiped clean to give you a fresh start on your craft.
The Craft Foam Sheet Buying Guide
- Stampers will want to avoid purchasing craft foam sheets with shiny coatings as the stamp could easily wipe off.
- Practice stamping something on paper before stamping on a craft foam sheet to avoid wasting the sheet.
- Stamps you use on craft foam sheets can be colored with a variety of methods such as ink, markers, pens, chalks and more.
- Save your scraps. Once a craft foam sheet has been cut, you may need the smaller, unused pieces for projects in the future.
- You can use hot glue on craft foam sheets, though the shape of the sheet could change depending on how hot it gets. If hot glue doesn’t seem to work for your project, try something stronger such as Gorilla Glue.
- Be aware that the sheets may have a strong chemical smell that could be bothersome to those with sensitivities. It is sometimes akin to smelling a marker or paint.
- Hairdryers are not effective at molding and shaping craft foam sheets because they don’t get hot enough, but craft heat guns will get the job done.
- Aim for purchasing craft foam sheets made with EVA that is Formamide-free. Formamide is used by some manufacturers to make the foam sheets softer, but it is considered by some to be a carcinogen.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide