Hoover Turbo Scrub Carpet Cleaner FH50130
Last updated date: April 9, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Carpet Cleaners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Carpet Cleaners you should buy.
Update as April 9, 2021:
Checkout The Best Carpet Cleaners for a detailed review of all the top carpet cleaners.
A lightweight and affordable cleaner, this Hoover carpet cleaner will get the job done without too much fuss. We like that it weighs less than 19 pounds and can be used on carpet, sealed wood, vinyl, tile and grout.
In our analysis of 62 expert reviews, the Hoover Turbo Scrub Carpet Cleaner placed 13th when we looked at the top 20 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Extend the life of your carpet with the Hoover Turbo Scrub Carpet Cleaner. High performing and lightweight, this carpet cleaner works with the many carpeted and fabric surfaces in and around your home. Make cleaning a breeze with spill-free tanks that are easy to access, easy to fill, and easy to empty and clean. The Turbo Scrub carpet cleaner features the SpinScrub multiple-brush system with rotating brushes for all-over carpet cleaning. Own your own carpet cleaner for the price of 1 professional cleaning (*applies only to select models, based on $180 average price of a professional residential carpet cleaning by national carpet cleaning companies for 3 rooms, hall, and stairway). Smart Tank system makes filling and emptying easy with no mess, no tools and no waste of time. Removable brushes for easy cleaning. The recovery tank comes with a quick-pour spout for easy emptying. Exclusive SpinScrub 360 Technology features a multi-brush system that rotates instead of spinning for constant carpet contact. 8 ft. ready-to-use hose and upholstery tool to deep-clean stairs and hard-to-reach areas. Fast drying time with forced heated air. 20 ft. power cord. Backed by a 2-year limited warranty. Accessories: 8 ft. hose, mesh tool storage bag. Attachments: upholstery tool. Includes 16 oz. 2X CleanPlus Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Carpet Cleaners
Despite our best efforts, carpet inevitably becomes stained. Kids and pets, as well as plain old accidents, can leave your carpet in desperate need of a thorough cleaning. And let’s not forget the regular wear and tear of daily life.
Even if you don’t have a major carpet “emergency” on your hands, you’ll still need to do a thorough deep cleaning periodically to rid your carpet of the everyday dirt and grime that accumulates. You may not even realize how dingy your carpet has become until it’s been cleaned. The process can revitalize old carpet and make it look like new again. If you’ve been thinking about replacing your old grimy carpet, investing in a nice carpet cleaner may just change your mind and help you save some money.
It’s not just the improved appearance of your flooring that will inspire you. Certain types of messes can leave your carpet smelling less than fresh. Repeated pet accidents, in particular, can trap foul odors in your carpet that only vigorous machine cleaning can remove.
Carpet cleaning is also the most effective way to destroy the allergens and bacteria that your carpet harbors. Clean carpet can lay the foundation for an equally clean and healthy household.
Hiring a professional to clean your carpet is an option, but buying a machine to do it yourself can be the more cost-effective route in the long run. One factor that will determine how efficiently your device lifts embedded dirt is the size and power of the motor. For example, the BISSELL Turboclean Powerbrush Pet Carpet Cleaner has a four-row rotating power brush that makes it ideal for sucking up ground-in dirt.
Another factor to consider in buying a carpet cleaner is the tanks. Separate tanks for water and the cleaning solution will make for quicker and easier refilling, and the smaller the tank, the more you’ll have to stop to refill it.
You should also consider how heavy and cumbersome the machine is and weigh that against your home’s needs. If you need to bring it up and down several flights of stairs, for example, a lighter model. There are a few that weighs in at just over 3 pounds, which will make the job a lot easier.
Some models also offer versatility, as they can easily switch between an upright cleaner and a portable spot cleaner for extra-tough spots and stains.
The Carpet Cleaners Buying Guide
- Before the cleaning, you should conduct a quick pre-clean. Much like you wouldn’t leave your dirty clothes lying around before letting a professional cleaning team in, you’ll have to do a little legwork before you break out your carpet cleaning machine. First, vacuum your carpet as normal to pick up any surface debris. Think of it like sweeping your hard floors before you mop them.
- Next, you’ll want to pre-treat any especially tough stains to give a little boost to the cleaner’s power. You can use a commercial solution, or there are a number of surprising substances you probably already have that can do the trick, depending on the type of stain. For example, club soda is great for beer and wine stains while dishwashing detergent works well on grease stains.
- Make sure you move furniture out of the way before getting started. Some types of wood furniture can release dye into a wet carpet and stain it. The same goes for metal, which can leave rust stains. This will also make it much easier for you to keep track of where you’ve already vacuumed, as well as avoid stepping in areas you’ve just cleaned.
- Give your carpet plenty of time to dry. How long that takes depends on the carpet’s thickness. Usually, it will take between four and six hours after cleaning before it’s fully dry and safe to walk on again.
- When your carpet is dry, vacuum it again for a perfect finish.
- Your carpet cleaner can pull double duty in a lot of cases. It’s not just your carpets that can be cleaned with the device. The Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner comes equipped with an eight-foot, ready-to-use hose and upholstery tool that can be used on furniture, stairs and other hard-to-reach spaces.
- Don’t wait until your carpet is downright filthy to clean it. Think of it like going to the dentist. If you keep up with regular cleanings, you’ll get better results.
- With that in mind, prevention can be the best medicine. No matter how tidy you are, your carpet will eventually need a deep clean. But you can reduce the frequency and effort you put in by taking steps to keep your carpet in the best shape possible in between cleanings. Just like you should brush and floss regularly between dentist visits, use good doormats at the entrances to your home, and consider asking people to remove their shoes before entering your home (including your kids!). You may also consider investing in some large area rugs, depending on the space.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide