Hoont Cobra Powerful Outdoor Water Jet Blaster Animal Pest Repeller
Last updated date: May 20, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Deer Repellents and dug through the reviews from 10 of the most popular review sites including BestReviews, Morning Chores, Wiki EZ Vid, Top Ten Review Pro, Top Best 10 Reviews, Theme Country, Listamazing, The Z8, Wire Reviews, Smooth Quotes and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Deer Repellent you should buy.
Using a jet of water, the Hoont Cobra Powerful Outdoor Water Jet Blaster Animal Pest Repeller safely keeps deer out of designated areas. You can adust the powerful jet to the angle you need to deter deer where they're entering your yard. This unit also connects to your garden hose and uses your own water to act as a repellent. One downside is that you have to keep an eye on battery levels and change them as they run out. In our analysis of 62 expert reviews, the Hoont Hoont Cobra Water Jet Blaster Animal Pest Repeller placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 21, 2019:
Checkout The Best Deer Repellent for a detailed review of all the top deer repellents.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The Hoont cobra water jet blaster animal repeller - motion activated the Hoont cobra water jet blaster animal deterrent drives away unwanted "visitors" to your garden or property with a harmless jet of water. When the built-in sensor detects movement within a range of up to 30 feet, the jet of water is activated for approximately 5 seconds. Animals are frightened by this jet of water and immediately leave the monitored area, and learn to avoid this area in the future. Also, the clicking noise of the distribution valve that sounds when the jet of water is activated frightens the animals and helps to drive them away. The jet of water is only reactivated when movement is once again detected. This ensures high effectiveness with very low water consumption. The Hoont cobra water jet blaster animal repeller is the most humane method for keeping animals and pests out of your property. It doesn't kill or harm the animals, it just sprays them with an annoying squirt of water, thus forcing them to leave the area. With no messy traps, chemicals or pesticides, it's absolutely safe for you, your kids and for your pets. Repels birds, dogs, cats, squirrels, skunks, deer, wild animals, etc. Easy setup connect the hose, stick the garden stake into the ground and adjust your water spray preference. The device is ready to protect your garden and property. Package includes: Motion detector water sprayer hose connection stake owners manual. Scares away all animals, such as cats, dogs, squirrels, skunks, deer, wild animals, birds, etc. Animals are startled and quickly leave the area and will avoid the area in the future. As soon as a pest animal is detected by the motion sensor, a powerful blast of water is sprayed to scare the pest away. Product specification water spraying angle: 360° (adjustable) / monitored area: Approx. 1076 sq. Ft. / Effective during day and night. / New and improved components for optimal performance.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Deer Repellents
Deer might be beautiful to look at, but when they’re chewing up your garden, they quickly become annoying. They mean no harm, but they’ll chew leaves off trees and trample your garden before you even realize it’s happening.
There are plenty of options for safely keeping deer at bay, but one of the easiest and safest is a deer repellent. These come in a variety of options, including a device that hooks up to your garden hose, and then douses the deer with a jet of water whenever they approach. Another type of repellent is a box that provides two small lights to mimic the red glow of the eyes of a predator.
Perhaps the most common repellents are sprays. With these, you simply douse the greenery you want to protect and wait for results. Deer find the odor repulsive, making them turn away without eating. If you choose the spray option, make sure you search for a repellent that doesn’t wash away with the first rainfall. Ideally, you’ll have at least a couple of weeks before you have to spray again.
It’s important to note that sprays may not keep deer out of your garden. You still could find things trampled, so you’ll only be solving the problem of them eating your vegetation. You’ll still find any lower shrubs disturbed. If that’s a concern, a water jet or light-based repellent may be better since they keep the deer at a distance.
Some repellents go beyond keeping deer away. The water blast type of repellent can keep everything from stray dogs to squirrels out of your garden, while units that use lights to mimic predators will go beyond scaring away deer. Some sprays also promise to keep pests and other unwanted visitors away, but you may have to try a couple before you find one that works.
DYWM Fun Fact
Those living in downtown areas likely haven’t noticed, but deer populations have grown exponentially in recent years. Part of this is the simple fact that the wooded areas they once occupied have been taken over by homes and shops. At the same time, deer hunting is on the decline, which means populations are growing. Aside from the hazard they pose to passing vehicles, they also can be disastrous to gardens and shrubs, simply by doing what they need to do to survive: eating. By keeping them away from those areas, homeowners can reduce the hazards they pose and simply enjoy watching them through their windows.
The Deer Repellent Buying Guide
- A blast of water is a safe way to keep deer away. The Hoont Cobra Water Jet Blaster Animal Pest Repeller connects to your garden hose, then sprays a harmless stream of water when it senses a deer approaching. The Deer Out Concentrate Deer Repellent and I Must Garden Deer Repellent, on the other hand, are sprays you apply to the plants. They’re safe for the plants but repulsive to the deer, who stay away once they smell them. The PREDATORGUARD Solar Powered Predator Deterrent uses light to fool deer into believing there’s a predator nearby.
- It’s important to keep safety in mind when choosing a repellent. It doesn’t get safer than a jet spray, which is merely a blast of water. The Hoont Cobra Water Jet Blaster Animal Pest Repeller’s jet is powerful, but it’s still gentle enough to keep from hurting any animals it hits. The PREDATORGUARD Solar Powered Predator Deterrent is safe as well, only putting out light. Sprays can be dangerous, though, so it’s important to read labels carefully before buying. The Deer Out Concentrate Deer Repellent and I Must Garden Deer Repellent are both made from all-natural ingredients, which keeps your pets and children safe. With all-natural ingredients, you also don’t have to worry about harming the environment.
- The Hoont Cobra Water Jet Blaster Animal Pest Repeller hooks up to a water hose, so make sure you have one that will reach to the desired area before you choose this option. Simply insert the blaster into the ground using the included stake, then connect it up to a hose and you’re ready to go. You can adjust the spraying angle based on the area where deer are likely to show up. When it detects motion, it sprays water for five seconds and then shuts off again. This avoids using excess water while still achieving the desired results.
- The PREDATORGUARD Solar Powered Predator Deterrent uses two powerful LEDs that can be seen for up to a half mile. They mimic the eyes of a predator, scaring deer and other uninvited guests away. It isn’t motion-activated, but it does use solar power, so you won’t have to worry about excessive electricity use.
- Sprays use odors to deter deer and other creatures. The Deer Out Concentrate Deer Repellent uses a peppermint scent to deter deer, while the PREDATORGUARD Solar Powered Predator Deterrent has a spicy smell. Neither is unpleasant to humans, but they’ve been proven to turn deer away.
- With the Hoont Cobra Water Jet Blaster Animal Pest Repeller, you’ll have to monitor the batteries to make sure they don’t run out. It takes two AA batteries, and they aren’t included.
- One bonus with the PREDATORGUARD Solar Powered Predator Deterrent is that it’s solar powered. It charges up during the day so that it can run all night. It also automatically turns itself on once the sun sets. This makes it easier to operate while also avoiding using electricity.
- With spray-on deterrents, you’ll need to make sure you choose a brand that doesn’t wash off easily. The Deer Out Concentrate Deer Repellent excels at this, lasting as long as two weeks with only a few sprays in the areas of the yard where critters enter and exit. The I Must Garden Deer Repellent is rain resistant, but you’ll find that you have to reapply it a little more often.
- If you want to keep pests like squirrels and raccoons away, you may want to stick with the Hoont Cobra Water Jet Blaster Animal Pest Repeller, which has the power to scare even dogs and birds away from certain areas of your yard.
- The fact that the PREDATORGUARD Solar Powered Predator Deterrent lights up at night may deter more than just deer. In fact, humans may be scared away, thinking it’s a high-end security system.