Hooga Amber LED Eyestrain-Free Clip-On Book Light
Last updated date: November 19, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Book Lights and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Book Light you should buy.
Update as November 19, 2021:
Checkout The Best Book Light for a detailed review of all the top book lights.
This book light has a flexible gooseneck that offers 360-degree visibility as you can move it in any direction. The light is lightweight and highly portable. It has blue-blocking light that is sleep friendly.
In our analysis, the Hooga Hooga Amber LED Eyestrain-Free Clip-On Book Light placed 3rd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
CIRCADIAN RHYTHM, LIGHT & SLEEP: Our amber, 1600K color temperature book light emits a warm, gentle light similar to fire or candle light that is 99.94% free of blue spectrum light. At nighttime, it is important to limit our exposure to bright white light to allow for the production of melatonin which allows us to fall asleep faster and get a more restful, restorative night of sleep. Our light is perfect for reading at night without disrupting your circadian rhythm. LIGHT WEIGHT & TRAVEL FRIENDLY: Our blue blocking, amber book light is not only sleep friendly but also travel friendly as it is lightweight and portable. It weighs only 2.5oz, making it hardly noticeable when attached to a book or e-Reader, and features a strong, sturdy grip to ensure the light stays where it is clipped. It easily fits in a bag, purse, or briefcase and is perfect for reading on planes, in bed, in the car, camping and more! READ IN BED AT NIGHT: Our book light allows you to read in bed at night without disturbing your sleep, your babies sleep or your partner’s sleep. The reading light features a flexible, 360 degree gooseneck which allows you to create the perfect reading space and position the light exactly where you want to. Our light is also great for getting up in the night to tend to children or babies without disrupting their sleep cycles. 3 brightness levels allow for a customized lighting experience! EXTRA LONG BATTERY LIFE: Our book light comes equipped with an industry leading 1200mAH lithium battery, which is the largest among all clip on reading lamps on the market. You can forget about buying batteries and replacing them all the time with our book light, since all you need to do is plug it in and recharge it. It features an extra long battery life and comes with an included 3 foot micro-USB cable!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Book Lights
Being curled up in bed or on the couch under a warm blanket with a good book in hand is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Whether you’re reading late at night or on a rainy day, not being able to clearly see your book can put a damper on the experience. A book light is a great tool for any avid reader. It is a small, bright light that clips on to the pages of your book so you can have just the right amount of light to read. Some book lights even clip on to your glasses so you can have a clear view of anything you look at.
One of the most important things to figure out when you’re getting a book light is the type you want. Do you prefer to have the light clip on to your book while you’re reading? Do you want to go with a neck light instead, which wraps around your neck and points at the pages of the book? If you’re reading on an e-reader or laptop, you might prefer a light that attaches to your glasses.
You will also want to determine how much brightness you need from your book light. Many book lights have LEDs that let you adjust the level of light. This way, if you’re reading in a particularly dark space, you can up the brightness differently than you would when you’ve already got some ambient light.
There are typically three different modes of light on book lights. Daylight white is best for reading at night because it is bright. It does not work well if you’re reading during the day. Cool white is a better option for reading indoors during the day or in a semi-lit space at night. Go with warm white light if you’re reading in a space that has a good amount of ambient light.
The Book Light Buying Guide
- Battery life is key. You don’t want to snuggle in with your book only to realize the light is not charged. Some book lights take AAA batteries while others are rechargeable via a USB cable.
- Do you have a habit of reading late into the night because you’re so engrossed in your book and don’t realize the time? Go with a book light that has a timer. You can set the light to turn off automatically after a certain length of time, which encourages you to go to bed instead of reading until dawn.
- Sturdiness is important for book lights that have clips. You want to make sure the clip stays stable while you’re reading or turning pages. Otherwise, the light moves around and can be distracting to look at when you’re trying to focus on your book.
- Keep in mind that cool-colored bulbs can be stimulating and may not be the best choice for reading late at night, as it can hard for you to relax and go to sleep afterwards. If possible, look for warm-colored bulbs for late-night reading.
- If your eyes hurt after reading with a book light, something’s wrong. You might need to adjust the brightness of the light so that it is more comfortable for you to look at. You may also have to adjust the position of the light and how it reflects on the pages of the book to make sure you have the best visibility.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide