Honeywell Kaz HT-904 Customizable Tabletop Desk Fan
Last updated date: August 26, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Desk Fans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Desk Fan you should buy.
Update as August 26, 2022:
Checkout The Best Desk Fan for a detailed review of all the top desk fans.
Versatile is the best word to describe this desk fan. It can be placed on a tabletop, a floor or mounted to a wall. The fan uses a turbo force air circulator, which reaches a distance of 27 feet. It also offers three speed options and has a 90-degree tilt.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Honeywell Kaz Customizable Tabletop Desk Fan placed 11th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Feel the blast of the Turbo Force Power Air Circulator Fan from 25 ft. away*! Its 3 speed settings and 90° pivoting head are designed to work with the cooling and heating in your home to create a custom comfort zone in any season. The uniquely engineered fan blades provide quiet, powerful personal cooling that’s great on a tabletop or mounted to the wall in your home or office.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Desk Fans
Whether your office space is without air conditioning or you just need a boost of air once in a while, a desk fan can be a lifesaver. Most desk fans are designed to save energy, so they don’t cost that much to run. Additionally, work productivity has been known to increase when a person is nice and cool versus when they are hot and bothered.
As you shop for the best desk fan, determine which size would work best for your space. For example, the SkyGenius Battery Operated Clip Mini Desk Fan is on the smaller side at less than 6 inches in height. It’s meant for personal use at a close distance. Consumers can use the built-in clip to attach the fan to a baby stroller, lawnmower handle or the edge of a desk or shelf. Other models are larger and can be placed on the floor, on top of a desk or mounted to a wall.
Check the power of the desk fan’s motor and the number of speeds the model is able to offer. Smaller models may only have one speed, while larger desk fans typically have three speed settings. Some tabletop desk fans are equipped with a motor that is so powerful that it has a reach of 27 feet.
Look for a desk fan that is adjustable. A fan that swivels a full 360 degrees is an excellent choice. That means you’ll be able to position the fan at the angle the provides you with the best breeze. Other models have a limited tilt; however, this isn’t a bad thing so long as you can tilt it far enough to get the cooling effect you need.
Consider any special features that make the desk fan a prime choice. For example, some fans run at 50 decibels or less, so you won’t have to worry about the fan being so noisy it distracts you or keeps you awake if you run it at night. Other desk fans are sold in a choice of colors, like pink, sky blue or white.
The Desk Fan Buying Guide
- If you find that your desk fan vibrates and moves across desk when you have it on a higher speed, you can place a non-slip mat underneath it to prevent this. The non-slip liners made for kitchen cabinets are an excellent choice as they don’t cost that much.
- Check the length of the desk fan’s battery charge. Some run for just 6 hours after a charge, which is great if you’re working, but not long enough if you’re using it to stay cool while you sleep.
- Positioning your desk fan on the floor is a good move. Since hot air rises, the coolest air in the room is near the floor. After setting your fan on the floor, you simply need to tilt the fan’s head upward in the direction where you’re sitting.
- Your desk fan will build up with dust over time, so you’ll need to clean it once a month. Make sure you always turn the fan off and unplug it from its power source before you attempt to clean it. Afterward, remove the fan’s grill and wipe down the grill and blades with a soapy dish rag. Go back over the grill and blades with a clean wet rag to rinse them off. Use a soft bristle brush to clean out the motor. Once the fan has fully dried, you can reassemble it.
- Fortunately, desk fans are extremely affordable. You’ll find some desk fans are as cheap as buying a couple of coffees at Starbucks. You’ll pay a bit more for the tabletop fans that have a few unique features. The SkyGenius Battery Operated Clip Mini Desk Fan has the highest price tag, although it is still affordable.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide