Honeywell Fireproof Keyed Document Safe
Last updated date: April 1, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Document Safes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Document Safe you should buy.
Update as March 28, 2022:
Checkout The Best Document Safe for a detailed review of all the top document safes.
With a fire rating of up to 30 minutes at 1550°F and a 100-hour waterproof seal, this document safe will keep your valuable documents protected. The size is 6.6-by-16.0-by-12.6 inches, so it's better for smaller items like certificates and licenses, flash drives, DVDs and CDs. The keyed lock and two latches keep it securely closed when not in use.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Honeywell Fireproof Keyed Document Safe placed 4th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Molded chests – Honeywell waterproof fire-resistant chests are perfect for the safe storage of letter and legal documents, USB flash drives, DVDs, CDs and more. Secure peace of mind with these chests’ ability to protect your digital media and sensitive documents from fire and water damage. Chests are available with a handle or as a cabinet. For security measures, this box has a key lock system and a 7-year limited warranty with a lifetime after-fire replacement guarantee. Features – this fire safe box has a 30-minute UL fire protection rating for up to 1550°f and a 100 hour waterproof seal that has been verified to keep contents dry, even when submerged 39 inches underwater. Important letter size documents can lie flat and be protected from fire and flood with this sturdy safe, attached with handle. Our fireproof, waterproof safes are also perfect gifts to protect electronic media, personal documents, or valuables. The exterior Dimensions are 6.6 in H x 16.0 in w x 12.6 in D. Quality made – as a Honeywell brand licensee, we have a responsibility to conduct ourselves with the highest levels of integrity in everything we DO. This helps US sustain the credibility of the brand, maintain the strong reputation, and build on our track record of growth and performance. From the shop floor to the boardroom, all Honeywell licensee and representatives are held to the highest standard and we exceed all laws and regulations in the countries where we DO business. Secure – Honeywell safes, paper shredders and door locks are manufactured and distributed exclusively by lh licensed products, Inc. These products provide security and safety for your important and irreplaceable documents and your most valuable personal possessions. We offer products that help deliver peace of mind by protecting your belongings against damage or loss in the event of fires, floods and other natural disasters as well as unauthorized intrusion and invasion of your home and office. Trusted company – the Honeywell trademark is licensed from Honeywell international Inc., a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. Technology from Honeywell international Inc. Is in 150 million homes and 10 million buildings worldwide.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Document Safes
If your home suffered a break-in, fire or flood, what items would you miss most? Your furniture and electronics can be replaced, but what about the many priceless items you own? If you suffer a home loss, you’ll probably care most about things like family photos, birth and marriage certificates and jewelry.
A good safe can help protect those precious items. You can store your valuables inside and lock it, keeping them protected from others in the household or intruders. Some safes come with keypads that let you input a code for entry, while others use key-based locks. Either way, make sure the door can’t be pried open by someone who’s really determined to get in.
If you want to protect against fire and flood, though, you need to look for a safe that’s rated to withstand those extremes. There’s a limit to how long any safe can hold up against extreme temperatures or moisture. Safes will be rated to handle up to a certain temperature for a maximum time limit and/or immersion in water up to a certain level for a specific amount of time. That means if your home does go through such an unexpected disaster, you’ll need to get the documents to safety as soon as you can.
The Document Safe Buying Guide
- Document safes come in a variety of sizes. Some are great for storing smaller items like certifications and passports, while others have enough room for hanging file folders filled with documents.
- Some safes are more lightweight than others and even include a handle for easy carrying. This can make it easier to take it on the go with you.
- Even if your safe is rated for water protection, you can safeguard against water damage by storing it above floor level. If your home does flood due to a natural disaster or an appliance malfunction, your documents will hopefully be above the water.
- Some safes can be mounted on a wall. This is a great way to keep your items protected in a closet or other storage area.
- If you’re storing important items like extra credit cards and passports, a safe with compartments can make it easier to keep things organized.
- If your safe locks using a key, make sure it comes with a spare. Also have a plan to hide those keys in a place where you can find them. Tell someone you trust exactly where that key can be found in case something happens to you.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide