Homgeek Dental Water Flosser & Oral Irrigator
Last updated date: September 14, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Water Flossers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Water Flosser you should buy.
In our analysis of 77 expert reviews, the Homgeek Homgeek Dental Water Flosser & Oral Irrigator placed 5th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 10, 2020:
Checkout The Best Water Flosser for a detailed review of all the top water flossers .
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Remove Plauqe and Reduce Gingivitis: Homgeek Water Flosser uses an unique combination of water pressure and pulsations to reduce gingivitis by 61% more than dental floss. Twice as effective at reducing gingival bleeding than other brands of dental floss. Oral irrigator easily dislodges anything stuck between your teeth in a matter of seconds, so that it can provide excellent water flossing performance to improve gum health and achieving good oral hygiene. Efforts To Solve Oral Diseases: Our oral irrigator are dedicated to alleviating a wide range of oral diseases,including dental implant/orthodontics/dental plaque/gum issues/bad breath/tooth decay that are dangerous to our health. Persisting in using the flosser can help treat all kinds of oral problems listed above, and helps us stay away from dentists and save the cost of medical treatment. Customize and Powerful Pressure: Features 10 water pressure settings (range of 30-125 PSI). Test the different water pressures to find a comfortable setting for your teeth and gums. Powerful water pressure will get everything out that was between the teeth and below the gum line where traditional brushing and flossing can't reach. 1250-1700times/min for high-frequency water pulse ensures the best oral hygiene. 7 Multifunctional Tips for Family Use : homgeek Water Flosser Comes with 7 multifunctional with 5 functions include 3 jet tips clean where tooth brush can not easily touch; 1 tongue cleaners support clean coating and bacteria on the tongue; 1 orthodontic tip removes food debris in the brace; 1 dental plaque tip removes dental plaque and food debris at hard to reach area; 1 periodontal tip rinse and massage deep below the gumline. Best choice for whole family to floss. High Capacity Leak-Proof Reservoir: The reservoir uses double-sealing rings to prevent water leakage reliably. With a large water capacity of 600 ml, it provides 90 seconds of uninterrupted dental flossing to eliminate the need to stop and add water while using. The vacuum suction cups on the bottom of oral flosser can hold on to smooth,non-porous surfaces like tile,glass,marble and so on. 12 Month Replacement ensures satisfaction. Best choice for whole family.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Water Flossers
Water flossers have many different names, including oral irrigators, dental water toothpicks and and Waterpiks, which is actually the brand name for one of the more well-known water flossers. No matter what you call them, these handy devices work well in conjunction with daily tooth brushing to clean between teeth and around the gums.
When shopping for water flossers, there are a few things you’ll want to consider before making a purchase. Start off examining the oral irrigator’s pressure settings. There may be a time when you need soft, medium or hard pressure. With 10 pressure settings that begin at 10 PSI and end at 100 PSI, the Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser is sure to give you the clean you’re looking for.
Next, check the number of tips and their designed function to make sure they meet your needs. The H2oFloss Professional Countertop Water Flosser has 12 multifunctional tips that can be used by everyone in the family. There are four jet tips, two tongue cleaning tips, two orthodontic tips, two periodontal tips and two nasal tips.
Determine whether you need your flosser to be stationary or portable. If you do a lot of traveling, for example, you’ll want to choose a model like the Nicefeel Cordless Water Flosser Teeth Cleaner, as the cordless feature, smaller design and the accompanying storage bag make it easy to grab and go.
Review the capacity of the water reservoir to determine how often you need to refill it. The MOSPRO IPX7 Professional Cordless Water Flosser has an extra-large reservoir when it comes to portable units with a tank that can hold 300 ml. Stationary units will hold more.
Look for any extra bells and whistles that might make the oral irrigator easier to use. Some models have built-in timers, so you know exactly how long you’ve spent flossing. Others have a memory function that keeps the device on the last pressure setting you used.
DWYM Fun Fact
Water flossers are an excellent alternative to traditional string floss, as many studies have revealed that they actually have significant positive results when it comes to your oral health. Not only are water flossers 51% more effective at reducing gingivitis than string floss, but they are also twice as powerful at reducing gingival bleeding. They do a better job at removing plaque as well.
You may be wondering how water flossers came about. It was actually a dentist in Colorado, along with his patient who happened to work as a hydraulic engineer at the time, who created the first water flosser. The water flosser was then marketed to other dental practices in 1962. Today, we can find them in department stores, pharmacies and online stores, like Amazon.
The Water Flosser Buying Guide
- Always check the water flosser’s product label for the American Dental Association seal of approval. This seal lets you know the product has been thoroughly tested and meets the strict requirements set forth by the organization.
- Look to see if the oral irrigator has a product warranty and how long that warranty is good for. Warranties vary greatly among flossers and can be anywhere from 12 months to 3 years. You don’t want to risk the product breaking down after just 3 months of use and having no way to recoup your money.
- Determine if the outlets are compatible with your area of residence. Some flossers are only compatible with 110VAC/60Hz outlets, which are what you’ll find throughout North America, while others use USB ports for charging.
- Keeping your water flosser clean is important. Read the product label to see if any of the flosser’s parts are dishwasher safe. Some may require you to run 2 tablespoons of white vinegar mixed with 16 ounces of water through the system. Afterward, run warm water through the system to rinse out the vinegar. You can also soak the flosser’s handle for 5 to 7 minutes in a cup that is filled with 1/3 white vinegar and 2/3 water. You should do this once a month.
- When comparing prices for water flossers, you need to take into consideration the type of oral irrigator. For example, the Nicefeel Cordless Water Flosser Teeth Cleaner and the MOSPRO IPX7 Professional Cordless Water Flosser are designed for travel, so their cost is going to be different than the Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser and the H2oFloss Professional Countertop Water Flosser, which are made to rest on your bathroom sink. You’ll also want to consider how many tips you get and how many pressure settings the unit comes with. More features equal a higher price.