HOMESJUN Cotton Down Alternative Pillow Inserts, 2-Pack
Last updated date: October 19, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pillow Inserts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pillow Insert you should buy.
Update as October 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Pillow Inserts for a detailed review of all the top pillow inserts.
This set of two 20-by-20-inch square throw pillows is made with soft, 100% cotton covers. They are also filled with a down alternative made from 100% polyester. They are easy to care for; the cover can be removed and tossed in the washing machine.
In our analysis, the HOMESJUN HOMESJUN Cotton Down Alternative Pillow Inserts, 2-Pack placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pillow Inserts
It is important to buy the right-sized pillow insert for your pillow sham, otherwise it will look either too full or not full enough. To determine the ideal insert size for you, use a measuring tape to measure the pillow sham from one side seam to the other. To make the pillow feel plumper and firmer, you can choose an insert that is one size larger than your pillow cover.
Some people prefer down filling, but pillows of this type may be too soft for others. The ideal ratio is 75% to 90% feathers and 10% to 25% down, which provides a good balance between softness and firmness. Those who are allergic to feathers or down have plenty of other choices, like polyester filling.
If your pillow sham has a zipper, be careful when stuffing the pillow insert inside. When too much pressure is used, the zipper could break, or the stitches could come out. Some pillow shams are made of delicate materials like silk, and once damaged, they cannot be easily repaired.
The Pillow Insert Buying Guide
- Here is an example of how to buy your insert one size up: if the pillow cover measures 11 inches by 11 inches, buy a 12-inch-by-12-inch pillow insert.
- If your inserts arrive in a vacuum-packed container, they will need time to fluff up. Open the packages and let them sit out for a few days. You can also put them in the sun for one day to aid with the expansion process.
- Once you put an insert into your sham, keep your hands inside and gently tug the insert’s corners to meet the sham’s corners. Straighten out and fluff as needed.
- When washing your pillow shams, note that you can remove the pillow inserts some of the time and not wash them to cut down on wear-and-tear. If you’ve spilled something on the pillow that has soaked through, however, or if it’s been awhile since you’ve washed the insert, you might wish to also launder them.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide