Homemory Battery Operated LED Tea Light, Set of 12
Last updated date: December 18, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Tea Lights and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tea Light you should buy.
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Homemory Homemory Battery Operated LED Tea Light, Set of 12 placed 10th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 24, 2020:
Checkout The Best Tea Light for a detailed review of all the top tea lights.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Homemory 12 PCS Battery Operated Tea Lights, Warm White Light, Wave Shape Tired of Traditional Candles that Melt, Drip, Smoking, risk of fire when Lighting. THEN YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE! PREMIUM QUALITY AND DURABLE BATTERY TEA LIGHTS: Homemory Wavy Battery Operated Tea Lights are made from the best quality materials. They come with batteries included and last a long time with their flickering light being very realistic. They can be used as decor for many occasions and places; the Homemory Warm White Flameless Candles add an warm and romantic ambience to any place. Safe for usage in any setting or occasion because these Flameless LED Tealights doesn't have an open flame and it doesn't heat up during usage. These electronic tea light can also be given away as gifts or party favors. They are easily portable and can be used for a long period of time without having to change the battery. The Warm White Tea light Candle is designed to flicker in a realistic way so that one can feel the ambience of an actual candle flame without any hazard or hassles. Very easy to use, these Fake candles can be turned on and off by the flick of a switch. Specification: Material: LED+PP Size: Diameter 3.7cm/1.4inch+ Height 3.2cm/1.25inch Battery: CR2032 button cell Battery life: 100+hours Light color: warm white Appearance color: white Package include: 12 X LED tea light candle (battery included)
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Tea Lights
Few candles are as versatile as tea lights, which is why they’ve become so popular for home decorating projects. They can be used on their own or in decorative vases and bowls, making perfect table centerpieces and mantle accents. There are even ornamental holders designed specifically for these smaller candles.
But there are plenty of things to consider when using tea lights. As with any live flame, tea lights can be dangerous if left unsupervised. Many are designed with safety in mind, but a strong wind or accidental bump could bring disaster.
For that reason, many consumers opt for flameless candles, which have advanced over the years to the point that they look incredibly realistic. Some even flicker, creating the same ambiance that you’d get from a candle with a flame. Flameless tea lights are especially useful if they’ll be set up in an environment with children or in an area where they’ll be unsupervised. They can also come in handy for outdoor use since they aren’t susceptible to wind.
With regular tea light candles, burn time is an essential factor to consider. Whether you’re setting the mood for a romantic evening or hosting a party, a candle that burns out in a couple of hours won’t be very useful. You should be able to at least get a few hours out of each tea light, but some can burn for as many as eight.
DWYM Fun Fact
Tea lights have that name for a reason. They were originally created to keep tea warm during a traditional Japanese tea ceremony. Each tea light can produce about 30 watts of heat, which was perfect for warming a cup of tea. Today, tea lights are used to keep butter melted and warm in restaurants, as well as being built into some chafing dishes and food warmers. You can also buy modern teapot warmers that use tea lights to keep midsized teapots warm. With a tea light that burns for a few hours, you could theoretically enjoy a long, leisurely afternoon tea without having to worry about your beverage getting cold.
The Tea Light Buying Guide
- The first thing to look at with any candle is the type of wax. Make sure your tea light is made from 100-percent paraffin wax.
- If you’re sensitive to odors, look for an unscented candle.
- The tin your tea light rests in plays a direct role in whether you can set it on a table or other surface without worrying about damage.
- In addition to being safer, flameless candles also produce no soot. However, you can also find flame-based tea light candles that keep soot and smoke to a minimum.
- If you opt for a flameless candle, make sure the flame itself is realistic.
- Tea lights are typically sold in large packs, which means if you won’t be using dozens immediately, you’ll need to store them in a temperature-controlled area for later use.
- Candles can be useful during power outages, but if you need a candle for lighting, a tea light probably won’t provide sufficient light unless you group a large number of them together. Tea lights are more for setting a romantic mood or providing a soft glow in a room with additional lighting.
- In any pack you buy, you can count on having at least one or two dud candles. Prepare for that so you won’t be disappointed.