hOmeLabs Small Dehumidifier with Auto Shut-Off, 16-Ounce
Last updated date: March 3, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Small Dehumidifiers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Small Dehumidifier you should buy.
Editor's Note March 3, 2020:
Checkout The Best Small Dehumidifier for a detailed review of all the top small dehumidifiers.
If you have a space smaller than 150 square feet that has a little too much moisture, the hOmeLabs Small Dehumidifier with Auto Shut-Off, 16-Ounce is your best bet. This energy efficient unit removes excess water from the air and takes bad odors and annoying allergens along with it. The dehumidifier is easy to use, clean and move from room to room.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the hOmeLabs hOmeLabs Small Dehumidifier with Auto Shut-Off, 16-Ounce placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Measuring at 6.5 x 5.3 x 8.5 inches this compact mini dehumidifier is ideal for small spaces like bathrooms, kitchens, closets, storage rooms, wardrobes, RVs or offices. It sports a 16 ounce/500ml capacity tank that extracts up to 9 ounces/250 ml of moisture daily. It works efficiently, effectively, and quietly to remove moisture in rooms up to 150 square feet.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Small Dehumidifiers
Dehumidifiers offer several benefits including creating a healthy atmosphere for you to breathe in and reducing the level of moisture in a room to prevent mold and mildew growth. If you don’t need to reduce the moisture in your entire home, you have the option of purchasing a small dehumidifier for certain areas of your home that excess moisture, such as a bathroom, basement or closet.
Determine which type of small dehumidifier would work best in your home. The most common model remains plugged into an electrical outlet and collects water in a water reservoir that you must empty fairly frequently. Another option is a unit like the Eva-Dry Renewable Mini Dehumidifier, 6-Ounce, which traps moisture in silica gel beads. It’s great for homes with kids and pets, as it is non-toxic, doesn’t need to be plugged in to operate and doesn’t have a water tank that can spill.
Of course, if you have toddlers or babies in the home, you also need a small dehumidifier that runs quietly. That’s exactly what you’ll get with the Pro Breeze Mini Dehumidifier with Auto Shut Off, 16-Ounce, which utilizes thermoelectric cooling technology to get the job done without a noisy compressor.
Next, make sure the machine is easy to use. The hOmeLabs Small Dehumidifier with Auto Shut-Off, 16-Ounce, for example, has a simple power button and an automatic shut-off that kicks in when the water tank is full.
Don’t forget to check that the small dehumidifier is able to cover the space you intend on using it in. If the space is too big, the unit won’t be able to keep up. The SEAVON Electric Mini Dehumidifier, 16-Ounce covers 156 square feet, which is slightly more than other comparable models on the market.
The Small Dehumidifier Buying Guide
- Do not place a small dehumidifier in a room that is larger than the recommended square feet on the product label. It will not be able to keep up.
- Some small dehumidifier models have water tanks that can spill or leak when overfilled.
- It is important to note that small dehumidifiers are not able to can’t keep up in conditions where moisture levels continue to increase.
- Small dehumidifiers work best in areas that have a temperature reading of 59 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit. If temperatures are below 41 degrees Fahrenheit, they will not work at all.
- Always unplug your small dehumidifier before you clean it. You’ll want to wipe down the outside of the unit, wash the water reservoir with a little dish soap and warm water and rinse out the air filter. Wait for the air filter to dry before reinstalling it.
- There isn’t a huge difference in price among small dehumidifiers, although the Eva-Dry Renewable Mini Dehumidifier, 6-Ounce costs less than the hOmeLabs Small Dehumidifier with Auto Shut-Off, 16-Ounce, SEAVON Electric Mini Dehumidifier, 16-Ounce and the Pro Breeze Mini Dehumidifier with Auto Shut Off, 16-Ounce due to its small size and ability to run without batteries or electricity.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide