hOmelabs Compact Upright Freezer, 2.1 Cubic Feet
Last updated date: September 16, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mini Freezers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mini Freezer you should buy.
Update as October 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Mini Freezer for a detailed review of all the top mini freezers.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the hOmelabs Compact Upright Freezer, 2.1 Cubic Feet placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
SPACE SAVING COMPACT UPRIGHT FREEZER – This freestanding small freezer with 17.5 x 21.2 x 25.0 inches measurement and 2.1 cubic feet capacity is perfectly sized to keep your favorite food in a deep freeze while taking up less space in your college dorm, apartment, garage or office. Perfect for when you want a ‘ready to eat’ meal on hand or to satisfy a craving. MECHANICAL TEMPERATURE CONTROL – By turning the thermostat knob, our manual defrost freezing machine can be adjusted to seven temperature settings from -20℃ to -14℃ (-4°F to 6.8°F): “1” is the warmest and “7” is the coldest. Ideal for keeping snacks, ice cream, drink or ice cubes, as well as breast milk. At first, set at “4” and after 24 hours set to your desired setting. REVERSIBLE STAINLESS STEEL DOOR – With the top hinge cover, feel free to select left or right swing opening according to your habits. Easy to reverse, saves room space and meets your preferences. This electric freezer comes with sturdy, removable slide-out wire shelf with a refined white painted finish for clutter-free storage and gives easy access while holding your food. LOW NOISE TECHNOLOGY and ENERGY EFFICIENT – In order to reach fast cooling and steady temperature, the 115V single door vertical freezer is smartly constructed with efficiency R600a and low energy consumption compressor. It only uses 256 kWh per year or equivalent to $31 energy cost and made with less than 42 decibels operating sound suitable for nurseries, hospitals, and other quiet places. FEATURES SAFETY CHILD LOCK – Compared to other personal freezers, our mini size upright freezer comes with a cylindrical door lock and 2 keys to ensure your go-to meals, medicine, and beverages at the right temperature even if the door is frequently opened by your kids. Equipped with adjustable front legs to support placement on slightly uneven surfaces
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mini Freezers
According to Bloomberg, freezer sales are at an all-time high as Americans stockpile larger quantities of food. Not only are families spending more time at home, but many individuals are also choosing to lessen their trips to the grocery store. If the freezer attached to your refrigerator is no longer big enough to accommodate your needs, you’ll want to consider purchasing a secondary mini freezer.
Determine how much space you need the mini freezer to have. Each cubic foot of freezer space holds approximately 35 pounds of food. Generally, you’ll want to have 1.5 cubic feet per person. Don’t forget to factor in the space from the freezer that’s attached to your refrigerator. So, if you already have 5.5 cubic feet of freezer space and you’re buying for a family of six, you’ll only need to get a mini freezer with a volume of 3.5 cubic feet.
Consider where you plan on placing the freezer when choosing between a freezer with a front door and a freezer with a top lid. If you won’t have enough space to open the freezer door, you’ll need to go with a model that opens from the top. Look for one that stays open when placed at a 45 to 75-degree angle, as this allows you to use it hands-free. In the event that you do have enough space for a model with a front door, check to see which direction the door opens. Some units have reversible doors, so you can have them open in either direction.
Look for a mini freezer that has an Energy Star rating, as these models are designed to keep your electric bill from skyrocketing. You’ll also want to make sure the freezer runs quietly unless you plan on storing it out in your garage.
Consider a mini freezer that’s adjustable. Some models come with shelves that can be placed at different heights. Others have adjustable bottom feet that can be raised to add height to the freezer. You can even get a freezer with a basket attachment to hold smaller food items.
The Mini Freezer Buying Guide
- Check to see whether the freezer has an interior light. Some don’t offer this feature, which isn’t a big deal if you’re placing the freezer in a well-lit location. Individuals who plan on setting the mini freezer in a dark basement or garage, however, will want to consider adding a light near the freezer.
- Foods stored in freezers are at risk for freezer burn. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to help prevent the freezer burn from happening. You can swap plastic wrap for wax paper, wrap the food tightly to keep air out and set an open container of water in the freezer to increase the humidity level.
- In order to extend the life of your mini freezer, it’s a good idea to give it a thorough cleaning once a year. You’ll need to remove the food, turn off the temperature gauge and unplug the unit from its power source. Next, take out any removable shelves or baskets and clean them as you would your dishes. Once the freezer has completely thawed, you can wipe it down with hot soapy dishwater. Should you encounter any unpleasant odors, you can use either baking soda or vinegar during the cleaning process. Use a clean lint-free towel to dry the freezer once it’s clean. As long as the freezer is dry, you can plug it back in.
- If your mini freezer has a drain, you’ll want to empty that before you begin cleaning the freezer.
- Although size plays the biggest role in the cost of a mini freezer, design can also cause the price to go up or down. You’ll find the E Euhomy Compact Mini Freezer, 1.1 Cubic Feet has the most affordable price, while the Midea Single Door Chest Freezer, 3.5 Cubic Feet and the Whynter Upright Lock Compact Freezer, 2.1 Cubic Feet have a more moderate cost. You’ll pay the most for the Arctic King 5 Cubic Feet Chest Freezer, as it has a larger volume than the other models.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide