Home Hero Chef Vegetable Knife, 8-Inch
Last updated date: December 30, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Vegetable Knives and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Vegetable Knife you should buy.
Update as December 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Vegetable Knife for a detailed review of all the top vegetable knives.
This knife is made with an 8-inch stainless steel blade and a sturdy handle. This knife makes it easy to cut with precision, since it has a nonstick coating on it. The steel won't rust, either, and you can wash this in the top rack of your dishwasher.
In our analysis of 50 expert reviews, the Home Hero Chef Vegetable Knife, 8-Inch placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
HomeHero chef knife Ultra Sharp, Rust-Resistant Stainless Steel for Effortless Slicing, Dicing, Mincing & Chopping! With plenty of subpar chef’s knives on the market, we at Home Hero set out to create one that does the job right. Unlike other chef knives that feel unsubstantial in your hand, with dull blades that rust and break easily, our 8-inch Chef Knife features premium materials and solid construction, including: Rust-resistant, 1.5mm stainless steel blade Nonstick blade coating that keeps food from sticking to the knife while cutting Sturdy, TPR-coated polypropylene handle with an ergonomic design for comfortable cutting Ultra sharp, curved edge for easy slicing, mincing & dicing Multi-functional design for cutting anything & everything in the kitchen, from meat to tough vegetables! Top-rack dishwasher safe – no rust, stains or pitting! kitchen knives The perfect stocking stuffer or gift for the home chef! Home Hero was created because we wanted something better. We bring together a unique mix of quality materials, durability, great value & professionally crafted accuracy to create the feeling of being a pampered chef . Whether you’re a master cook or a newbie, our chef knife will help you cook faster, easier & cleaner – and have a great time doing it! Our elegant, high-quality kitchen supplies are must-haves for the well-equipped cook. knife kitchen knife knives kitchen set Compare with similar items Chef Knife - Kitchen Knife - 8 Inches Chef's Knife - Sharp Knife Made Out Of Stainless Steel with Ergonomic Handle Protective Finger Guard - Chef Knives Cooking Knife by Home Hero This item Chef Knife - Kitchen Knife - 8 Inches Chef's Knife - Sharp Knife Made Out Of Stainless Steel with Ergonomic Handle Protective Finger Guard - Chef Knives Cooking Knife by Home Hero #1 Best Seller Equinox Professional Chef's Knife - 8 inch Full Tang Blade - 100% German Steel with Protective Bolster Deik Chef Knife, High Carbon Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife, Super Sharp Chef's Knife with Wood Handle, 8 Inch Cooking Knife for Professional Use GOMUM Multipurpose Kitchen Chef Knife, 8-inch Chef's Knife High Carbon Stainless Steel Professional Sharp Kitchen Cooking Cutting Knife with Gift Box, Ergonomic Pakka Wood Handle Add to Cart Add to Cart Add to Cart Add to Cart Customer Rating 4 out of 5 stars (3392) 4 out of 5 stars (524) 4 out of 5 stars (98) 5 out of 5 stars (72) Price $999 $799 $998 $999 Shipping FREE Shipping on orders over $25 FREE Shipping on orders over $25 FREE Shipping on orders over $25 FREE Shipping on orders over $25 Sold By HomeHero Equinox Int BestKitchens GOMUM Blade Material Type Stainless steel steel Stainless steel High Carbon Stainless Steel Colour Black Black Stainless Steel Wood Item Weight — — 0.53 lb — Material Type Stainless Steel Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, steel Stainless Steel high carbon stainless steel, pakka wood Size Chef Knife Chef Knife Classic —
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Our Expert Consultant
Julie Chernoff is a long-time member of Les Dames d’Escoffier (past president of the Chicago Chapter, and current co-chair of the LDEI Legacy Awards Committee), the Association of Food Journalists (AFJ) and the International Association of Culinary Professionals.
Chernoff is the dining editor of Better, a lifestyle website and print magazine. Her journalism started in the test kitchens of Weight Watchers Magazine. She holds a BA in English from Yale University and is a graduate of the California Culinary Academy. She has spent the last few decades styling, photographing, teaching, developing recipes, editing, thinking and writing about food.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Vegetable Knives
Chopping vegetables is one of the most basic culinary skills every home cook and professional chef needs to know. It doesn’t matter if you’re working in a restaurant or cutting up carrot sticks for your kids, a good vegetable knife can make all the difference. Have you ever chopped an onion and had all of the slices stick directly to the knife after chopping? Or have you chopped a watery vegetable like cucumbers and felt the knife slip while slicing? With a high-quality vegetable knife, you can chop any kind of vegetable with ease, all while having exact control of the blade.
“Each different type of knife was designed to perform certain functions,” says our resident culinary expert Julie Chernoff, dining editor for Better magazine and long-time member of Les Dames d’Escoffier. “What knives you need in your kitchen wholly depends on your style of cooking, what you make regularly, and what level of experience you have.”
Many vegetable knives, such as the santoku or nakiri style knives, have a straight edge. These differ from traditional chef’s knives, which are found in almost every kitchen. A chef’s knife, which can also be used to chop vegetables, has a rocking curvature style blade. This means that when making cuts, the chef does not need to lift the knife fully off the cutting board. They can simply rock the blade back and forth while keeping it on the board. On the other hand, the straight edge of many vegetable knives means that it’s easier to make slices when the knife is lifted off the board for each cut.
“The blade is rectangular and flat, which helps you make super-thin, consistent slices, and is particularly suited for julienning veggies and herbs,” says Chernoff. “Given its straight edge, the vegetable knife is not meant to replace the rocking motion of the chef’s knife. You can chop fluidly with the vegetable knife without rocking. It’s known for making clean cuts, and won’t damage or smoosh the veggies.”
A good vegetable knife has a very fine edge, and the blade is wide all the way to the tip. This rectangular blade shape, unlike a traditional pointed blade shape, enables cooks to make extremely precise and straight cuts, slices and fine chops. The blade can also be used for mincing vegetables and herbs. For home cooks and chefs who want uniform cuts and perfect slices, a straight-edge style vegetable knife provides a clean and even presentation. A wide blade can also be used to scoop up the vegetables once cut and transfer them to a pan from the chopping board.
The traditional size for a vegetable knife is seven inches, though smaller knives at six inches are also available. The size of the knife determines what kind of vegetables it can cut, in addition to how much control the chef has over the blade. Often, vegetable knife blades have a hammered finish. This roughness reduces the amount of food that gets stuck to the knife after chopping.
The Vegetable Knife Buying Guide
- When selecting which vegetable knife to buy, begin by looking at the blade. It’s important to know what kind of material the blade is made out of, how long it is and what its unique design features are. It’s important that the blade is designed specifically for slicing a wide variety of vegetables. The DALSTRONG Nakiri Vegetable Knife has a six-inch blade, made out of high-quality Japanese steel. The sharp edge is akin to a scalpel, making slicing easy. The blade has a Shogun Series X’s exquisite hammered tsuchime finish, which reduces the number of vegetables that stick to the blade. The MAD SHARK Santoku Knife is seven inches of high-carbon German steel. The blade features oval-shaped hallow divots, which minimize the suction of stuck-on food. It also enables chefs to slice faster and cleaner as compared to other knives. The TradaFor Vegetable Knife is a seven-inch knife made out of German high-carbon steel. It is a straight edge with a single bevel, so it’s sharp enough to cut through delicate vegetables without any tearing or damage. The Mercer Culinary Produce Knife is six inches long, and made out of high-quality Japanese steel.
- When you’re working with such a sharp blade, it’s important to have exact control and maneuverability. This way, you can avoid slicing your fingers and knuckles. That’s why it’s important to review what kind of handle the knife has. Look for handles that offer comfort, but with a strong grip. You don’t want to have the knife slip away from you while slicing. The DALSTRONG Nakiri Vegetable Knife’s handle is made out of military-grade material, so it has life-long durability. The handle is ergonomic and shaped to allow superior control and agility. The MAD SHARK Santoku Knife has a handle that is secured by the triple-rivet design. The ergonomic shape enables ease of movement. The TradaFor Vegetable Knife is made for right-hand use. The handle is easy to hold and maneuver. The Mercer Culinary Produce Knife’s handle is made out of a combination of santoprene and polypropylene. This ensures that it’s both comfortable and durable.
- Whether you’re a home cook or a professional chef, affordability may be a determining purchasing factor. If you’re just dabbling in the kitchen, you may not want to spend too much on a vegetable knife. However, if you’re a pro who is improving their knife skills, then a professional-grade vegetable knife might be right for you. In terms of affordability, the Mercer Culinary Produce Knife is on the lower end of the price spectrum. The TradaFor Vegetable Knife and the MAD SHARK Santoku Knife are both mid-level. On the other hand, the DALSTRONG Nakiri Vegetable Knife is on the high end in terms of price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide