Home-Complete Multi-Purpose Cast Iron Pizza Pan
Last updated date: November 22, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cast Iron Pizza Pans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cast Iron Pizza Pan you should buy.
Update as December 19, 2022:
Checkout The Best Cast Iron Pizza Pans for a detailed review of all the top cast iron pizza pans.
Even heating and versatile use make this 14-inch lipped cast iron pan a great addition to any kitchen. It can be used on the stove or inside the oven to cook a wide range of foods, from eggs and sausage to frozen pizza. The preseasoned surface is nonstick and promises even heat distribution for fantastic results every time.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the Home-Complete Multi-Purpose Cast Iron Pizza Pan placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
CAST IRON: Constructed from sturdy and durable cast iron, this pan will survive tough wear and tear and last for many years to come! MULTI-USE: This handy skillet can be used in the oven, on the stovetop, grill, or even over a campfire flame, making it essential multi-purpose cookware for your kitchen. VERSATILE: Use it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! The 14” skillet is versatile; perfect for cooking a variety of foods, from pizza to eggs, bacon, cornbread, biscuits, pancakes, crepes, fajitas, burgers and more. GREAT GIFT: This long-lasting and convenient multi-purpose pan is an excellent gift for birthdays, holidays, weddings, housewarmings, or any occasion. Your foodie friends and family will love this cast iron pizza pan! Material: cast iron. Dimensions: Diameter-14”. To avoid rust, make sure to dry your cast iron completely after washing. Re-oil and re-season as needed.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cast Iron Pizza Pans
There’s an art to making a good pizza. If you’ve ever tried to create your own at home, you probably know that pizzerias have mastered that art, and it can be tough to duplicate just the right taste and texture using a cookie sheet. A good pan can make a big difference, though.
A cast iron pizza pan can produce that crisp, flavorful crust that takes your pizza to the next level. The material simply interacts with dough in a way that steel and aluminum can’t. Whether you’re making your pizza from scratch or cooking frozen pizzas, a cast iron pizza pan will improve upon the final product.
In addition to offering even heat distribution and excellent heat retention properties, cast iron absorbs the flavors of the items you cook. Over time, your crusts and other items will be tastier simply because you used your favorite pizza pan.
But before you buy a cast iron pan of any type, you’ll first need to be aware of how high maintenance they can be.
Unless your cast iron pan specifies otherwise, you won’t want to put your pan in the dishwasher. You’ll need to hand-wash it very carefully to ensure it retains its seasoning. Although you can use detergent, it should be mild and used sparingly, and you should scrub with a cleaning brush specifically made for use with cast iron pans. If food is caked or burned on, you can use a spatula and extremely hot water to remove it.
Drying a cast iron pan can be even trickier. Unlike steel or aluminum, cast iron can rust if left to air dry. The best way to dry a cast iron pan is simply to turn your stove burner on high, set the pan on it and wait for the water to boil off.
Once it’s dry, you’ll need to heat your dry pan on the stove at an extremely high temperature and rub a small amount of canola oil or flaxseed oil on the pan’s surface using a napkin or paper towel. Be careful not to touch the hot pan as you do! You can then store your pan until the next time you want to use it.
The Cast Iron Pizza Pan Buying Guide
- Cast iron pizza pans can be useful for reheating leftover pizza, as well as breads and other dough-based items. It helps the dough retain its crispness while it’s being warmed up.
- If you like pizzas with a thicker crust, like Detroit-style deep dish, look for a pan that has lifted edges.
- Most cast iron pizza pans aren’t limited to making pizza. You can use them to cook fajitas, eggs, sausage and more.
- Many of today’s cast iron pans come pre-seasoned, allowing you to use them immediately. Check the type of oil the manufacturer used for seasoning to make sure it’s compatible with your diet.
- Take a look at the handles on any cast iron pans you buy. They get extremely hot, and this heat typically extends to the handles as well, so you’ll probably need potholders. Easy-to-grab handles can make a big difference as you’re removing your pan from the oven.
- Cast iron pizza pans aren’t limited to the oven, either. You can often use them on the stove or on campfires and backyard grills. If you want to use your pan on a campfire, make sure it can withstand extreme temperatures.
- If you have a glass cooktop stove, keep in mind that cast iron cookware is heavy and tough. You can easily scratch the glass with your cookware if you aren’t careful.
- Cast iron cookware is naturally nonstick, so you won’t need to treat it with cooking spray or oils right before you add your food. Those oils are applied and baked on after you’ve washed and dried it, in order to season it for the next use.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide