HOMBYS Cozy Certified OKEO-TEX Lightweight Duvet
Last updated: October 9, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Lightweight Duvets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Lightweight Duvet you should buy.
Designed for those who tend to overheat in their sleep, this lightweight duvet features a cooling bamboo material and a breathable hollow microfiber filling that allows it to stay at a constant temperature and humidity. It's hypoallergenic and comes in several color options.In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the HOMBYS Cozy Certified OKEO-TEX Lightweight Duvet placed 10th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
COZY-temperature AS YOU WANT. In a stuffy comforter, the air next to your body becomes hot, it collects the natural moisture and sweat, damp air around you. The inside of HOMBYS BAMBOO COMFORTER stays at near-constant temperature and humidity, no matter how wet, dry, scorching or freezing it might be outside. HOLLOW MICROFIBER and BAMBOO COVER make up the ATC(adaptive temperature control) system, SLOW HEATING, FAST COOLING. ATC system designed for air buffer insulation to cool down your body. HOLLOW MICROFIBER FILL. The use of hollow microfiber, simulate the air structure inside the down, every fibre of this has 7 holes, greatly improves the transfer efficiency of sweat and keep more still air inside. Totally different from ordinary polyfill, soft as sponge cake. If you couldn’t endure the crinkling noise and odor of down comforter or allergic to goose or duck down feather, this cooling blanket is the only choose for you in hottest summer. 100% COOLING BAMBOO FABRIC. Bamboo viscose fabric is Extra Soft. Keep silent, soft texture, good luster and elasticity, it has real silk softness hang down suitable feeling, have silk far beneath toughness. This bamboo blanket fit you and your shape well but not too tight. Cool touch feeling, absorb body heat to transfer,bring you a sweet and deep sleep. SUITABLE for ALL AGE GROUPS and SKIN TYPES. HOMBYS bamboo comforter fillers are hypoallergenic. Moisture absorbing bamboo cover, good ventilation and dry out quickly. 100% bamboo viscose cover do not cause skin problem. Very comfortable to touch. Machine Washable & Buy with Confidence. Machine washable gentle cycle in cold water. Low temperature drying or Air drying. As tightly packed during shipping and the extremely soft high thread-count shell, there may be some wrinkles, please use steam iron to remove. Certified OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 and BSCI. HOMBYS Promise 100% Risk-free, 30 Days Money-Back, 180 Days Free Replacement, 24 Hours Customer Service, As Principles to Every Customer Been Really Feel Comfortable Buying.
Lightweight Duvet Rankings
During warm nights, you may get too hot under a heavy comforter. And you may prefer an alternative to your bedspread that can be regularly switched out with different designs. A lightweight duvet can both help keep you comfortable and add a stylish, versatile touch to your sleeping space.
While many duvets have a large amount of filling to keep sleepers warm on cold nights, lightweight duvets trap less heat. So, they can work well for milder nights.
As you shop for a lightweight duvet, you’ll find that many options have an outer covering that features cooling properties so that the duvet feels more breathable. The covers often come in microfiber or cotton, since heavier materials like wool lead to more warmth and give the duvet more weight. A bamboo duvet especially can offer softness, breathability and comfort.
The outer covering of a duvet will often have a quilted pattern resembling a checkerboard in order to distribute the filling evenly. However, you can also find duvets with parallel seams, gussets or even a baffle box style. Keep in mind you’ll need a separate cover with your duvet, which will allow you variety in terms of colors and designs.
The amount of filling inside the duvet will help determine how lightweight it is. While manufacturers often advertise the weights of their products, you can consider that lightweight duvets can start with a filling of 150 grams per square meter, while duvets with a weight of at least 450 grams per square meter indicate a winter weight.
You may also see a thermal overall grade number, or tog, which tells you how well the duvet insulates and keeps you warm. Lightweight duvets may have a grade between 3 and 4.5 tog. The higher the tog measurement, the warmer the duvet.
You’ll want to be sure to choose a lightweight duvet that fits your bed properly. You can often go along with your mattress size, so you could buy a queen-sized duvet for a queen-sized mattress. However, be aware that taller mattresses can mean that you’ll need to buy a duvet that’s a size larger.
- To protect your duvet, opt for a quality duvet cover of the same size. You’ll find duvet covers of different materials and levels of quality, so you’ll want to research options. Find one that’s comfortable and doesn’t add too much bulk to your lightweight duvet.
- Just as when you’re shopping for a comforter or sheets, you’ll find that lightweight duvets can come in different thread counts. For softness, look for a duvet with a thread count of at least 200. Keep in mind that higher numbers usually indicate more softness, but the quality of the brand can also matter.
- If you have issues with allergies or sensitivities, look for a lightweight duvet labeled as hypoallergenic. Such duvets come in a material that helps resist dust and other irritants, and some products even have a special treatment that strengthens the effect.
- While a duvet cover can help keep your duvet clean, you’ll eventually need to wash it, and your product’s label will explain the care instructions. Some manufacturers recommend that you get the duvet professionally cleaned, while others will explain how to do it yourself in a washer and dryer. Since these items can be bulky, you might find that your washer and dryer are too small for the job. If you do wash the duvet at home, consider air-drying it.
- To keep your lightweight duvet fluffy and not flat, it helps to shake it out so the filling gets distributed properly.