Holikme Twin Adjustable Door Draft Stopper Sweep
Last updated date: December 4, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Door Draft Stoppers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Door Draft Stopper you should buy.
Editor's Note December 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Door Draft Stopper for a detailed review of all the top door draft stoppers.
Unlike other draft stoppers, this model is double-sided. It's fully adjustable and slides into place with ease. Users will appreciate the machine-washable cover, which keeps the draft stopper clean and free of dust that often causes allergies to flare up.
In our analysis of 49 expert reviews, the Holikme Holikme Twin Adjustable Door Draft Stopper Sweep placed 2nd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
34 "adjustable size for most homes. Large-size sponge: not ordinary slender sponge, which will not move with the opening of the door. Velcro fixation: Velcro fixation is used on the door to prevent the double protection from moving with the opening of the door. Noise reduction and windshield: can reduce the noise and block the cold/hot wind/smoke outside, making the indoor more comfortable. Can be recycled without damaging the door: detachable cloth bag, can be repeatedly washed and used, can be machine washed.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Door Draft Stoppers
Your home is where you hang your hat, and when you walk in the door you know it’s time to relax. Being able to control your environment is part of what makes it so relaxing, but it’s hard to chill out when you’re sweating from hot summer air that you can’t quite beat. Even if you run your air conditioner at full blast, it’s tough to get nice and cool (or warm up in the winter) if you’ve got doors that leak air at the bottom.
Door draft stoppers (or door guards) are built to block outdoor air from sneaking into your home and keep indoor air right where it belongs. They can save you big bucks on your energy bill, and they also block out noise, light, odors and even mischievous insects.
Draft stoppers come in a couple of different styles. Soft draft stoppers are made of fabric and are usually stuffed with a fill made from polyester or another fabric. Sometimes they’re filled with hard foam cylinders that you can trim down to fit any door. They stay flush against your door with the help of magnetic clips or use a 360 degree-design that fits one stopper around each side of the door.
Hard draft stoppers are usually made from silicone or other plastic. They come rolled up like tape, but they’re much tougher than any tape you’ll find on the shelves. Just measure the length and height of your door, trim the draft stopper and affix it to the bottom of your door with the adhesive on the back.
Those are your draft stopper basics. Take a look at our Tips & Advice for hints that will help you make your final purchase.
The Door Draft Stopper Buying Guide
- Measure, measure, measure: That’s the one thing you’ve gotta do if you’re buying a draft stopper. Measure the length and width of your door, plus the space between your door and the ground. Measuring the height from your floor to the top of where you want your draft stopper to sit will guarantee that you buy the right size.
- Choose between hard and soft draft stoppers based on your needs. Do you have a home with a lot of pet hair, outside noise and an outdoor insect community? Multi-layered silicone door stoppers, like the Suptikes Under Door Draft Stopper/Blocker, will block out noise and breezes without attracting pet hair or new friends. Are you in an area that has nasty winters, or do you have an older door that might not play well with draft stopper adhesive? A soft draft stopper filled with foam or fabric will block out frosty temperatures and it won’t chip away at your decor.
- Always clean and dry the bottom of your door before installing your draft stopper. The adhesive won’t stick to a dirty door, and you don’t want old dust rubbing off on your new fabric door stopper.
- Many door stoppers can also be used to stop up gaps in windows. See if a door stopper is adjustable or lets you create your own size if you want to prevent window drafts.
- Take your home’s decor into account before you buy. Draft stoppers come in multiple colors and finishes, so you can probably find one that blends right into your door.
- Keep your home looking neat by regularly cleaning your draft stopper. Wipe down plastic draft stoppers with a paper towel or a disinfectant wipe. Soft draft stoppers can be spot cleaned with a gentle detergent. You can toss some of them in the washer and dryer.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide