HighSpeedDaddy Tactical Insulated Lunch Box
Last updated date: August 20, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Insulated Lunch Boxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Insulated Lunch Box you should buy.
Update as October 1, 2019:
Checkout The Best Insulated Lunch Box for a detailed review of all the top insulated lunch boxes.
In our analysis of 98 expert reviews, the HighSpeedDaddy Tactical Insulated Lunch Box placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Veteran Owned and Operated* Why carry around that cheap lunch bag that you got for free from the hospital or for signing up for that one credit card, when you can have something that matches your HSD Diaper Bag Backpack and (for the men at least)….let’s you keep your “man card”! Listen, when your babies get a little older and into the toddler stage, you’ll have to start carrying around food, instead of just milk bottles. This is the ideal thing that can make your life easier, look good while doing it, and quite frankly, probably make all your friends jealous. Here’s the kicker though, just like the HSD Diaper Bag Backpack, these obviously do not have to be used solely for kids. Just as the Diaper Bag doesn’t have to be used as a diaper bag, it can be used for many different occasions. This lunch box can be used as a stand alone product for ANYONE to bring lunch, or other meals, where-ever they need to go also. Benefits and Features that provide value and MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER! 600 denier waterproof polyester MOLLE / PALS webbing on rear of bag for extra pouches 3” x 5” strip for morale patches 56” long adjustable / detachable shoulder strap with shoulder pad Durable aluminum foil lining w/8mm PE foam insulation Heavy duty, yet convenient, grab handle with reinforced stitching Dual mesh side pockets for extra storage or drinks Large zippered front pocket – 7.5in x 4.5in for utensils, snacks, napkins, etc Zippered mesh pocket under lid for extra organization or ice packs Top of the line YKK Zippers - Easy to open and close with one hand Phthalate, Formaldehyde and lead-free – and conforms to the CA65 standard. Foldable for easy storage Size – 10in x 7.5in x 6.5in, 488-cu. in. The DYNAMIC DUO!!! Like a match made in heaven. dynamic duo tactical diaper bag tactical lunch bag Makes for the perfect HSD Diaper Bag Backpack accessory! Designed specifically to match in style and color. Tough. Durable. Useful. Practical. The list goes on...buy one today! tactical lunch bag angle lunch cooler lunch box Made of durable and tactical, military grade materials – 600D waterproof polyester. tactical lunch bag rear molle pals webbing lunch box lunch cooler You can utilize the MOLLE / PALS webbing on the rear of the bag to attach additional pouches for extra storage or to clip keys or pacifiers with carabiners so they don’t get lost. tactical lunch bag interior lunch cooler lunch box Normal lunch bags only use 5mm thick foam. Ours has 8mm thick PE Foam with a durable aluminum foil lining to keep food colder or warmer longer.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read. She writes about the ups and downs of parenting on her blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Insulated Lunch Boxes
Lunch boxes have come a long way since the metal ones kids took to school decades ago. Today’s lunch boxes are well insulated to allow you to keep food temperatures hot or cold for hours at a time. But these soft-sided lunch boxes also come with some challenges, so it’s important to know what to look for before you shop.
Insulation is the key to temperature control. Although the right insulation can help maintain the cool temperatures your items need in the lunch box after you bring them over from the refrigerator, an ice pack can help. Some lunch boxes also offer separate compartments for cold and hot items to allow you to carry both at the same time.
Storage containers are a great way to pack your favorite items, but it can be tough to find the right size to fit into your lunch box. Some boxes come with containers, making this far easier. If you opt for this, make sure the containers are safe to use in the microwave and wash in the dishwasher. Some lunch boxes come with bento box-style containers, and those are great for keeping portion sizes at a minimum, so look for those if that’s your preference.
For our parenting expert, Kate Desmond, finding an insulated lunch box that’s big enough to fit bento boxes for her kids is a major bonus. This helps eliminate the need for plastic bags, which is another plus.
In addition to compartments for your containers and food items, exterior pockets can come in handy. You’ll have a place to store items like cutlery and condiments or, if you prefer, handy storage for your keys and cellphone. With some lunch boxes, you’ll also get extra pockets on the outside for one or more bottles of water.
“Something to keep in mind if purchasing an insulated lunch box for your kids is ease of opening and closing,” Desmond says. “You want to make sure the box you choose is workable for little fingers. It’s already hard enough for them to put their straw in their juice box and open their yogurt tube, don’t make your kid’s teacher or lunch lady do more work by also having to help them open and close their lunch box.”
When you get home each day, you’ll need to set a little extra time aside to get your lunch box ready for the next use. That means removing all items, wiping the inside clean, and setting it out to dry. You’ll have to wash your containers and make sure they’re ready to go by the next day, if you pack a lunch every workday. Also don’t forget to put your ice packs in the freezer so they’ll be ready for use, even if you aren’t sure how long it will be until the next time you need them.
The Insulated Lunch Box Buying Guide
- If you plan to pack your food in containers, make sure you choose a lunch box that will hold your chosen container size. To make things easier, some bags come with containers that fit perfectly. XM Bag ThinkFit Insulated Lunch Boxes have six food containers and a reusable ice pack. You’ll also get a shaker cup with three storage compartments for mixing meal replacement shakes. Lastly, these boxes include a pill storage container to keep everything in one place. The Zuzuro Lunch Bag Insulated Cooler Lunch Box has three containers, each large enough for a small meal.
- When a lunch box comes with containers, look to make sure you can wash them in the dishwasher, as well as heat up food in them in the microwave. The containers and lids with XM Bag ThinkFit Insulated Lunch Boxes are all dishwasher safe. Although the containers on the Zuzuro Lunch Bag Insulated Cooler Lunch Box are dishwasher and microwave safe, the lids aren’t microwaveable, so you’ll need to take those off first.
- You may need ice packs to keep cold food chilly longer. XM Bag ThinkFit Insulated Lunch Boxes have one reusable ice pack, while the Zuzuro Lunch Bag Insulated Cooler Lunch Box has two ice packs, but you can easily find packs to fit if your chosen lunch box doesn’t come with one.
- Most people want to carry both warm and cold items at the same time. Some lunch boxes meet this challenge by providing separate compartments, each insulated to maintain the temperature of the items inside them. The MIER Adult Lunch Box Insulated Lunch Bag features separate upper and lower compartments that you can use to split up your cold and hot food. The Zuzuro Lunch Bag Insulated Cooler Lunch Box has three separate insulated compartments, along with a fourth area for holding room temperature items like cookies.
- Temperature control is always a challenge, but today’s insulation technology accomplishes this more capably than ever before. XM Bag ThinkFit Insulated Lunch Boxes use double insulation, promising to keep food cold or warm for as long as 10 hours. The MIER Adult Lunch Box Insulated Lunch Bag and MAZFORCE Original Insulated Lunch Bag use thick insulation, while the Zuzuro Lunch Bag Insulated Cooler Lunch Box uses thick PEVA lining.
- One small touch you may not consider when you’re buying a lunch box is an extra storage compartment for items like cutlery and condiments. If you need to tuck a water bottle into a pocket on the outside, look for that, as well. The MIER Adult Lunch Box Insulated Lunch Bag has an extra zippered pocket, while the Zuzuro Lunch Bag Insulated Cooler Lunch Box has both a small pocket for items and two fully-insulated water bottle holders.
- Size can be a challenge with lunch boxes. You want a bag that’s large enough to store all your items, but you also need it to be small enough to be portable. The size you choose will depend on your own personal preferences. The MAZFORCE Original Insulated Lunch Bag is small enough to slide into a backpack or tote bag, but it’s also limited on storage inside, making it more ideal for those who take snacks or small lunches. The MIER Adult Lunch Box Insulated Lunch Bag is larger, but its removable shoulder strap makes it easy to carry as a crossbody bag if you prefer. It still will be too big to squeeze comfortably into your office refrigerator, though.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide