Highlights Ultimate Puzzle Challenge! Activity Book
Last updated date: September 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Activity Books and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Activity Book you should buy.
Update as September 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Activity Book for a detailed review of all the top activity books.
Although the puzzles found within this activity book are designed to be challenging, the creator added a bit of humor throughout. There are a total of 256 pages of mind benders, puzzles, hidden pictures and more that will keep your kids busy for weeks. In fact, this book is an excellent choice for keeping kids busy during road trips.
In our analysis of 39 expert reviews, the Highlights Ultimate Puzzle Challenge! Activity Book placed 5th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Brain-twisting and ultra-challenging puzzles for the most experienced puzzlers come together in Ultimate Puzzle Challenge!, with more than 125 specially created puzzles–including Hidden Pictures® scenes, mazes, Sudoku, word searches, crisscrosses, logic puzzles, Check . . . and Double Check, and more. The puzzling experts at Highlights have assembled a brand-new, 256-page collection of our most challenging–and most rewarding–puzzles yet. Created for puzzle-loving kids who are ready to up their puzzle game, the book is bursting with a wide variety of mind-bending, super-challenging visual puzzles and clever word puzzles, all infused with a sense of playful humor that will make kids want to keep on puzzling. With a full-color interior of engaging illustrations and brilliant photos, this puzzle collection is sure to please the most discerning of puzzle-loving kids.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Activity Books
Have you ever heard your child saying “I’m bored!” That’s a phrase kids use often when they’re not quite sure which adventure to tackle next. Regardless of age, kids are curious and independent. They have inquiring minds that love learning new things. They also have a need to be busy all the time. Sitting still with nothing to do isn’t something children enjoy.
An activity book is a great way to encourage your child’s inquisitiveness while keeping them busy. These are workbooks designed specifically for kids, filled with coloring pages, word searches, crosswords, mazes, diagrams and so much more. Activity books are typically made for a specific age group. Some focus on one area, such as biology or literacy, while others include a wide variety of activities that span the gamut. Most activity books are educational and entertaining at the same time.
One of the best parts of activity books is that they are highly portable. The books are easy to take with you wherever you go. All you need to bring is a pencil or some crayons along with it. This is why activity books are great for taking on airplanes when you’re traveling with kids. They also make excellent choices for bringing with you anywhere where kids have to wait, such as at a doctor or dentist’s office. They provide just the right amount of stimulation and each page typically takes just a few minutes to complete.
Activity books are a great way to teach kids new skills, such as the names to the parts of the body or how to read. When kids learn new things, they increase their self-confidence and learn more about what they are interested in. For example, through an activity book, a child may discover that they are excellent at crosswords.
The Activity Book Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for an activity book for kids, it’s best to check the age group first to make sure that it will provide your child with the right level of education and entertainment. Books may be categorized by age or grade. For example, they may say “for ages 3-4” or “for kindergarteners.” Picking an activity book that’s not the right age group for your kids may mean the activities are too advanced or too easy for them.
- Consider what your kids are most interested in and select an activity book that encourages those interests. For example, if your child is interested in science, biology or the human body, an activity book that teaches them the names of all the parts, shows them the nervous system and get them to draw a skeleton may be something they truly enjoy. On the other hand, if your child loves to be read to, they may also enjoy an activity book that encourages them to read. This may include play-motivated learning to keep your child’s attention and help them grow their confidence as they learn new words. For budding artists, you can get an activity book that fuels their creativity and teaches them how to draw certain things like animals, cars or faces. You can also get activity books to help kids prepare for school, which includes literacy, numeracy and other educational activities.
- Some activity books have perforated pages so they are easy to tear out. This is a good option if you don’t want to take the whole book out with you if you’re going on an excursion but need an activity to keep kids busy.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide