HighKey Keto Instant Hot Cereal
Last updated date: November 16, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hot Cereals and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hot Cereal you should buy.
Editor's Note November 16, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hot Cereal for a detailed review of all the top hot cereals.
If you're looking for a healthy breakfast that's also satisfying, this hot cereal is an excellent choice. It has a delicious cinnamon spice flavor without all the unnecessary sugar. The cereal also includes such nourishing ingredients as chia seeds, coconut and pecans.
In our analysis of 31 expert reviews, the HighKey HighKey Keto Instant Hot Cereal placed 1st when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Keto & low carb friendly: HighKey Instant Hot Cereal is a hearty, low carb breakfast alternative to traditional instant oatmeal. Made with natural sweetener, 1g net carbs, 4g fiber, and 9g protein per serving, this satisfying hot breakfast with a burst of cinnamon spice is a great start to your day! Gluten & grain free: With no added preservatives, no gluten, no grain, and zero artificial sweeteners, this nourishing, powerful mix of hemp, chia, flax, and sunflower seeds with coconut has all the familiar texture and great taste of a hot cereal breakfast. Good food from better ingredients - great for a variety of diets like keto, paleo, gluten-free, and low-carb. Sweetened with monk fruit: This natural hot cereal includes a blend of raw, natural sweeteners from monk fruit extract, stevia extract, and erythritol, which rank low on the glycemic index, and provide a delicious burst of sweetness without any added sugar. HighKey keeps your breakfast low carb and diet friendly! Eat healthy and feel great! Enjoy anywhere: Making healthy choices while eating on the go can be tough. HighKey Instant Oatmeal is sealed in safe and secure packaging with resealable opening. This noatmeal is the perfect breakfast choice for those traveling! Whether you're on vacation, or backpacking in the Grand Canyon, HighKey will be there with you!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hot Cereals
Breakfast has long been considered the most important meal of the day. WebMD reports that a nutritious breakfast not only gives you energy, but it also boosts your metabolism so that you can properly burn calories throughout the rest of the day. If you don’t have time to prepare a plate of bacon and eggs, but don’t want to resort to cold sugary cereals, you can make a bowl of hot cereal in just a few minutes.
When shopping for the best hot cereal, you need to consider your diet. For example, if you’re sensitive to gluten, you’re going to want a cereal made using gluten-free brown rice. There are also cereals made using 100% all-natural toasted whole wheat that is free of GMOs.
Next, you’ll want to check the nutrition label. There are hot cereals that contain 25% more fiber, as well as some that have added iron. Many are high in calcium and folic acid as well. You also want to make sure they are low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
It’s important to note that instant hot cereal packets often have sugar in them. Look for a lower-sugar version if you have to limit your daily sugar intake. It’s also a good idea to go with a hot cereal that is free of artificial preservatives, sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup.
The Hot Cereal Buying Guide
- Always follow the cooking instructions listed on the hot cereal’s product packaging. Typically, you’ll need to pour the recommended amount of cereal and water in a pot and bring it to a boil. The addition of salt is always optional. Once the mixture is boiling, you’ll want to lower the heat and stir constantly to avoid the formation of clumps. After the recommended amount of cooking time, remove the pot from the heat and let it sit until the cereal has thickened. If you prefer to prepare the hot cereal in the microwave, combine the cereal and water in a microwave-safe dish and cook for the designated amount of time listed on the hot cereal box. Again, you’ll need to wait a few minutes for the cereal to thicken.
- When it comes to flavoring your hot cereal, there are an endless amount of possibilities. You can mix in a little brown sugar, vanilla extract or maple syrup. Perhaps you’d like to top your hot cereal with banana slices, a handful of blueberries or some coconut flakes?
- It’s important to note that the FDA doesn’t regulate any health claims made by the companies that produce hot cereal.
- To compare hot cereal prices, you must first determine how much the company is charging per ounce. The Quaker Instant Oatmeal Variety Pack Hot Cereal is the most affordable. Moderately priced is the Ralston 100% Whole Wheat Hot Cereal and the Cream Of Wheat Bananas & Cream Instant Hot Cereal with the HighKey Keto Instant Hot Cereal coming in at the highest price per ounce.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide